Lectric Panda Generates Thor! [Free Refills]

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Exowildebeest

23 Nov 2016

Amazing :D You might be pissing off some sounddesigners/refill sellers though ;)

Some of the patches here sound more refreshing than anything I've ever heard from a human sounddesigner. Probably because humans discard a lot of options because they don't feel right or safe, resulting in a lot of missed options or "forks" in patch design.

Edit: of course the reverse is also true - random generation will miss a lot of things a human wouldn't.

rcbuse
RE Developer

23 Nov 2016

Exowildebeest wrote:Amazing :D You might be pissing off some sounddesigners/refill sellers though ;)

Some of the patches here sound more refreshing than anything I've ever heard from a human sounddesigner. Probably because humans discard a lot of options because they don't feel right or safe, resulting in a lot of missed options or "forks" in patch design.

Edit: of course the reverse is also true - random generation will miss a lot of things a human wouldn't.
Yea, I've thought about that, but I don't think people in the market for organized and polished refills are the same type to wade though 100,000 patches when they have work to get done. I certainly won't be generating any bread and butter synth sounds. Not to mention none of these patches have normalized volumes or any sort of expression modulation. They are pretty raw.

modecca

23 Nov 2016

" Not to mention none of these patches have any sort of expression modulation. "

In my travels far I have not seen many patches, that have unique modwheel programming.
I would love to see the 'lectric panda generates' series, target the modulation wheel. Thor would be a good candidate for example because you could have tons of things changing at the same time when you move the wheel. We would see thousands of static patches (no movement at all) that would not seem like anything special at first glance. Then we would move the mod wheel and get some holyshhh moments :twisted: . You could have randomish programming for the mod wheel and the other 2 knobs.
🔗💥

Kuranes

23 Nov 2016

rcbuse wrote:
Exowildebeest wrote:Amazing :D You might be pissing off some sounddesigners/refill sellers though ;)

Yea, I've thought about that, but I don't think people in the market for organized and polished refills are the same type to wade though 100,000 patches when they have work to get done. I certainly won't be generating any bread and butter synth sounds. Not to mention none of these patches have normalized volumes or any sort of expression modulation. They are pretty raw.
I think, what makes your patches so special, is, that they can bring us to as creepy as wondrous places, like your flagship, the NOSTROMO (by the way IMHO the most awesome name for a synthie ever! :) ).

I, and I think the others here too, appreciate that, because in a time, where many try to sound like the n'th copy of established acts, something that offers the chance to create something unique, is priceless! So a million thanks for not just giving us new cool sounds, but for also stimulating our imagination! For encouraging us to explore new worlds. Because it exactly feels like that, when I dive into this strange worlds of sound you created.

I just hope, that while I'm jamming, I'll not open accidentally a dimensional portal that will pop out one of those damned Xenomorphs! :lol: ;)
“To be is to do”—Socrates.
“To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
“Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-del-vecchio

Abstrax

24 Nov 2016

My only generator request is for Etch Red. There's not that many presets for it and the possible experimentation is huge. All the filter types, distortions, panning...Randomly generated patches would lead to insanely cool sounds.

moneykube

29 Nov 2016

is it true monopoly is next???? I hope I hope... and thanx in advance
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

mataya

29 Nov 2016

I always thought Reason was missing exactly that. A random button that has rules like that. I mean we seen it before in vst's. I would just love to see a dice button on every synth in Reason. I understand that the creation of the patch by your self is half the fun, but I just love to make a mess and then start fixing it.

TX for the refill, really. Where do we check when it's out? Follow this thread or somewhere else?

greenson

29 Nov 2016

mataya wrote:Where do we check when it's out? Follow this thread or somewhere else?
http://lectricpanda.com/Lectric%20Panda ... 20Thor.rfl

mataya

29 Nov 2016

Holly Macaroni! Thanks ... I'm geeting really close to getting fired!

mataya

29 Nov 2016

Oh k'moooon! This is amazing. Screw you Synplant!

rcbuse
RE Developer

29 Nov 2016

mataya wrote:Where do we check when it's out? Follow this thread or somewhere else?
You can download this and many other generated refills at http://lectricpanda.com. :D

EdGrip

29 Nov 2016

I got my copy of Mono/Poly in anticipation. ^_^

I've got RE-elder-statesman Antidote too. Just sayin'.

Electric-Metal

29 Nov 2016

EdGrip wrote:I've got RE-elder-statesman Antidote too. Just sayin'.
If this is a vote for a Antidote-Refill, I second this :thumbs_up: :puf_bigsmile:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

jfrichards

29 Nov 2016

This is some crazy ass shit Panda. I'm playing around with this combinator and filling the 6 Thors with various patches through a 6:2 mixer for 6-synth single key playing and a few Combinator knob modulations. A combinator example is attached as a foundation for this 6-patch synth. It's called Senary, which is the base 6 number system also called Heximal (like Binary only uses 2, Senary uses 6).
https://allihoopa.com/s/os6a8jGR
Great for Emerson Lake & Palmer stuff.
Attachments
Senary.jpg
Senary.jpg (294.26 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
Senary.cmb.zip
(33.52 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

WongoTheSane

29 Nov 2016

jfrichards wrote:Great for Emerson Lake & Palmer stuff.
Still waiting for that sale on Keith's fingers... Only thing I'm still missing now.

:lol:

Thanks for the patch!

greenson

29 Nov 2016

WongoTheSane wrote:
Still waiting for that sale on Keith's fingers... Only thing I'm still missing now.
It's a bit suspicious, don't you think ? We hear reports of Keith Emerson passing away, then within 6 months we start to see Lectric Panda's allegedly random generations. :lol:

moneykube

29 Nov 2016

greenson wrote:
WongoTheSane wrote:
It's a bit suspicious, don't you think ? We hear reports of Keith Emerson passing away, then within 6 months we start to see Lectric Panda's allegedly random generations. :lol:
maybe Keith became Panda.... lol
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

rcbuse
RE Developer

29 Nov 2016

EdGrip wrote:I got my copy of Mono/Poly in anticipation. ^_^

I've got RE-elder-statesman Antidote too. Just sayin'.
It is MonoPoly time!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7497846

MirrorEyEs

15 Dec 2016

The percussion sounds are great :puf_smile: Just noticed one minor problem, they work better when Mono Retrig is enabled instead of Legato so the envelopes retrigger with each note. Just pointing it out to help those using them, not trying to be dick and putting a downer on a great little freebie :puf_wink:

Cheers Lectric Panda, love Propulsion BTW :puf_smile:

Would be good fun to have a native random patch builder where you could set certain rules in R10!
Reason 12 - Horrible plastic M-Audio Oxygen 49 and a battered pair of Sony MDR V6 cans

MitchClark89

17 Dec 2016

rcbuse wrote:
You can download this and many other generated refills at http://lectricpanda.com. :D
thank you panda i am just downloading but listened to the soundcloud of these patches and i am inspired :puf_smile:

miscend

29 Dec 2016

Thank you! It will take me years to go through all these patches.

challism

05 Jan 2017

I'm going thru some of these presets you put together, Rob, and WOW. JUST WOW!!! Thank you so much for this massive generosity. How many patches are you giving away? A few hundred thousand or so? And not just presets for Panda devices, but for many other REs, too. You are the man! Some of these patches are so incredible. I'm really enjoying the PX7 and Polar patches (haven't had a chance to try many others yet.... there are just so many).

So thanks again, Rob & Company!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

CephaloPod

23 Apr 2017

This developer's generosity is making me think it might be time to purchase one of his RE's. I have a ton of RE's but none from Panda. Looking at Korde, Propulsion, and Fritz at the moment. Any recommendations?
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

teddymcw

24 Apr 2017

CephaloPod wrote:This developer's generosity is making me think it might be time to purchase one of his RE's. I have a ton of RE's but none from Panda. Looking at Korde, Propulsion, and Fritz at the moment. Any recommendations?
Ya this is a no brainer to me. Nearly all Panda stuff should really be part of core Reason.

Personally I'd say that Propulsion with Kong is the best and prob a must for drum automation. That with Bitley's Kong Kits or JP's King's of Kong is an awesome playground. Fritz is real unique and fun to play with, I'll be purchasing before too long. Most of the devices are quite deep and versatile the more you get into them. PSQ is almost a whole nother world to explore. I know that Korde has some capabilities beyond what the players offer but it was before them and may not be the best value now, but I'm not best to ask.

Really wondering when the Panda sampler or next powerful RE device release is? He's always working on the next thing and updating his classics like PSQ and Nostromo.

I hope this spiel was useful and somewhat accurate.

• Information