mega History of free refill archive

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
geronimo

14 Jun 2016

DiZo wrote:another day I would name the links
It would be better not to make a classification by genre, style ?

DiZo

14 Jun 2016

u can if you want ;)

Dave909

18 Jun 2016

If you want to include my SB-01 ReFill in your list PM me and i will send you the file :)

DJDark2010

26 Jun 2016

I wish there where an extractor for the refills ... I have so much free ones, but not all sounds are great.
Extracting them and compiling them to a new ReFill with less space would be great.
But that would allways be a dream, because of copyright ...

Dave909

26 Jun 2016

DJDark2010 wrote:I wish there where an extractor for the refills ... I have so much free ones, but not all sounds are great.
Extracting them and compiling them to a new ReFill with less space would be great.
But that would allways be a dream, because of copyright ...
Copyright doesnt have a lot to do with it really. Copyright keeps exsisting on these sounds wether in or out the refill. Its just that the creator can offer a nice compiled thing for Reason :)

EsotericSound

02 Jul 2016

I see you've got my stuff in the list (Esoteric Sound Design). So yea, thanks for the plug. :)

Catblack

25 Nov 2016

I'm going to sift through them and see if I can find some good instruments. Some of these links are quite large.

It's amazing that all of these have been saved. There's a lot there! (Edit: About 75gb!)
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

EdGrip

25 Nov 2016

Jeeeeeeez.

Thanks for compiling this list! :D But how can we begin to make sense of this?

Catblack

26 Nov 2016

I'm going to take a look through them. I'm personally looking for interesting instrument combis. I'm taking a look through with windirstat which gives me a sense of how big each folder is. (I downloaded each link as a zip and then unzipped them to get a clean folder name. You can select an option to download as zip and if your connection and computer are fast, it shouldn't take too long for the small ones.) I would say maybe a 3rd is rex files and loops, which I don't really care for, unless I slice the loops myself.

So just from a top level view of the big ones:

Reasonstation 9.9 gb - Stay out of the 'dl' folder, that's why it's so huge. There's 4 backups off the server duplicates, mp3 and rns files, but the other two folders 'rs communauty' and 'rs archive' seem to have more usable patches.

Maustaste 5.1 gb - OMG everything I've heard here is fantastic. His Ave-Maria-Trumpets refill is super sweet. Same with his SilverPiano refill. Lots here to explore. There's a huge archive of ReGroove patches even. RIP Maustaste!

HY Free Production Loops - 3.4 gb - some rex, some wav, Nice but not my thing.
Nine Volt Audio - 2.4 gb - rex files, not my thing

Propellerhead Communauty - 1.7 gb - Refills. Not sure where these are from, some nice combis in the championship Refills.

Key West Beat - Xabiton - 1.2 gb - 3 nice refills here. I like his patch sounds

Dr Colossus - Hexagon Star - 1.2 gb 3 nice drum refills.

Music Master Keys 1.1 gb - great Neon Soul keys refill. (Youtube url in folder)

Loop 9 Sample Your Mind - 1.1 gb - Trance refills, and some nutty vocal refills too

Digimonk Sound Lab - Beside Sound - Bsp Studio - 1 gb - Refills, the Granularchina ones are rex refills, the others are interesting percussive refills

Mechanical Skies - David Chapman - 826mb - 7 combi refills, I like these

Anyhow, that's the larger folders.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

moneykube

28 Nov 2016

Catblack wrote: Maustaste 5.1 gb - OMG everything I've heard here is fantastic. His Ave-Maria-Trumpets refill is super sweet. Same with his SilverPiano refill. Lots here to explore. There's a huge archive of ReGroove patches even. RIP Maustaste!
he was very generous and a good friend... I miss him RIP... passed away way too soon
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Maxsu

31 Jan 2017

Many many thanks for this list! Its huge :D quiet work and time needed for this.

Thank you very much!

cheers

WongoTheSane

10 Feb 2017

miscend wrote:Me old Korg Prophecy Refill

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpvqi9037bwi3 ... l.rfl?dl=0
Nice sounds there, thanks!

snortingaudio

04 Mar 2017

Please remove all Break Laboratory and Snorting Audio ReFills. You have not been given permission to do any of this.

Kenni
Site Admin

04 Mar 2017

It has been brought to our attention that this list contains multiple entries of commercial products which makes this an archive over illegal software.

I will only say this once:

We all love free stuff, but if you as an individual make a post about downloadable content and provide links, you are obliged to check that nothing is against not only the forum rules, but also the copyright law! Our forum rules are very clear about this. Since this isn't the first time, I will have to sanction threads in the future about links to downloadable content like Refills.

I'm sure you'll understand. Warning issued.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Kenni
Site Admin

04 Mar 2017

I also need to inform you that the particular Google Drive account has been reported to Google for hosting illegal software.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

kitekrazy

09 Mar 2017

Ouch. Only give ones away you made for free. Be careful of the licensing involved with wav files.

Bunja

18 May 2017

adfielding wrote:Obviously I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm more than happy for you to share my (old!) Refill here. Cheers :)
A nice guy and amazing musician , that would have been my response too if i had a refill lol.

Bunja

18 May 2017

Kenni wrote:It has been brought to our attention that this list contains multiple entries of commercial products which makes this an archive over illegal software.

We all love free stuff, but if you as an individual make a post about downloadable content and provide links, you are obliged to check that nothing is against not only the forum rules, but also the copyright law! Our forum rules are very clear about this. Since this isn't the first time, I will have to sanction threads in the future about links to downloadable content like Refills.

Damn would haveb been nice for a legal.list

sleep1979

28 Mar 2019

Bunja wrote:
18 May 2017
Kenni wrote:It has been brought to our attention that this list contains multiple entries of commercial products which makes this an archive over illegal software.

Damn would haveb been nice for a legal.list
yeah is there any links to these old free refills ???

Steedus
Competition Winner

01 Apr 2019

I bought the Snorting Audio refills back in the day to try and wrap my head around how the hell those DnB/Dubstep synth sounds were made. Good stuff.

• Information