Recreating specific bass synth sound from DM

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Faxxer

28 May 2016

Hello Reason friends...

I've been doing a project to help me get more use out of my reason by trying to recreate favorite songs...it's what I do when I just can't seem to get anywhere on my own music and keeps my hands from being idle lol

But I'm on this kick to find a true perfect copy of the bass synth from "Enjoy the silence" and I swear I found a guy who did it on you tube with a VST..... see short video here to be mind blown...
This guy nails it in my opinion, but I don't know of a reason
tool to emulate this one.

I simply lack the skills to launch a Thor or other synth init patch and create this. I get that the velocity is tied to a filter, but not sure what kind of filter and I also can sortof see the waveform based on the video (but not sure again how to emulate it)

I've got a few sound refills (Bitley's Fairlight platinum for example) that have some synth basses that come REALLY close, but lack the velocity filter....

I'd really like to see a reason version that's more like this guy's video ...i mean he starts out with a raw waveform and builds it in like 40 seconds! Talk about impressive....But I just can't "transcribe" the data from the video into Reason and so I've come to ask here if anyone knows of or has seen a quality version of this sound.

I'd be forever musically inspired if you could help. :redface:

thank you for any advice on the matter or help.....I've got quite a few rack extensions as well if one of those works better for this....

Ike
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

Faxxer

31 May 2016

found it... it WAS one of the fairlight platinum sounds but it was labled "V I O L A T O R" ...i see what you did there Mr. Bitley...good one.
by the way it's great...just add effects and it's a spittin copy!!!

Looking forward to Reason NINE!!!!
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

Mauricio Duarte

01 Jun 2016

Bitley rocks! Good luck and have fun

• Information