FM7 preset samples?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
The_G

28 Jan 2016

Just curious if anyone has sampled these for use in NN-XT or Combinator. Thanks!
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

selig
RE Developer

28 Jan 2016

FM synthesis is so dynamic and changes so much from low to high key it would take a LOT of samples to even begin to capture the full dynamics of a single patch. And even then you only have a static sound - you can't modulate it or use after touch… just my take on the "why hasn't this been done" of your question.
Selig Audio, LLC

Dante

28 Jan 2016

Not the FM7, but prior to the advent of the PX7 Rack Extension I successfully created NN-XT samples of my PLG150-DX (DX7 on a plug board) to reproduce about a dozen or so of the stock original DX7 presets. Some of the sounds - like Tubular expansion, Harp and EPiano - 1 sample per fifth or octave over 3 or 4 octaves work very well.

bitley

29 Jan 2016

Dig deeper into WBF R2. :)

I only sample the original hardware, of course.

The_G

29 Jan 2016

bitley™ wrote:Dig deeper into WBF R2. :)

I only sample the original hardware, of course.
Believe me, I am. It's great! It's just there are a few presets from FM7/8 I'd also love to use in Reason without rewiring Ableton.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Loque

30 Jan 2016

Is PX7 and FM7 so different?
Reason12, Win10

• Information