Prophetsounds

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
spacefarmer

25 Jan 2016

Does anybody know anything about a guy named mark rushbury, who made nice prophet5 emulationpatches for thor.
I heard these patches in soundcloud, but I did not get any information, if it's possible, to purchase them.
Any ideas?

eusti

25 Jan 2016

Wow! That really took some digging! According to this his email and contact info is markrushbury@yahoo.com and he was active there today. There is no indication that he sells the Thor patches though, but maybe he will if enough people ask him about it...
Even the props and Bitley were impressed by them in 2012:

Hope this helps. Let us know how this develops! ;)

D.

spacefarmer

25 Jan 2016

Thank You D.,
I 've found that emailadress an hour ago and I 've sent a mail to Mr. Rushbury.
I 'll let You know if he will answer.
(I 'm looking forward to the release of fourmer and I hope that we will not have
to wait to long any more - a little like children waiting for Christmas).
S.

eusti

25 Jan 2016

Glad you found it. Hope those sounds will be available, they do sound fabulous...

Yes, looking forward to the 4mer release too!

D.

pedrocaetanos

26 Jan 2016

I'm all interested, too :)
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

spacefarmer

28 Jan 2016

...and here is what Mr. Rushbury answered:

"Hi,

Thanks for showing an interest in my sounds. I am planning to compile these sounds and release them for sale in the near future. I will get in touch with you when its finished.

Thanks
Mark"

eusti

28 Jan 2016

Thanks for investigating and letting us know, spacefarmer! :)

D.

pedrocaetanos

28 Jan 2016

I sent an email showing my interesting and just received a reply acknowledging I will be in the "mailing list" when they are released :)
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

decibel

28 Jan 2016

eusti wrote: Even the props and Bitley were impressed by them in 2012:
wow, listening to his work on soundcloud now, cant help wonder what he could create on all the other synths in reason now (as well as using combinators etc). maybe propellerhead and other developers should hire the guy whenever they are planning new synth releases ;)

miscend

31 Jan 2016

They are over three years old. It sure took him forever.

eusti

31 Jan 2016

miscend wrote:They are over three years old. It sure took him forever.
Not sure I understand, could you elaborate, please? Maybe his first goal was not to sell them?

D.

miscend

01 Feb 2016

eusti wrote:
miscend wrote:They are over three years old. It sure took him forever.
Not sure I understand, could you elaborate, please? Maybe his first goal was not to sell them?

D.
The Prophet 5 patches were mentioned before on the old forum. Years ago. There was mention of him distributing the patches when they were ready.

eusti

01 Feb 2016

Ah, ok. Thanks. I guess it took people asking for them to hopefully proceed to the next level...

D.

eusti

01 Feb 2016

I now have Acid in my account! Thank you Primal Audio for the contest!

D.

Edit after more than two years: Well, this one seems definitely not in the correct thread! ;)
Last edited by eusti on 18 Jun 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Italophile

18 Jun 2018

Mark emailed me to let me know these patches are now finally available. It is a collection of Combinator patches utilising only Thor and built-in effects devices.

You can find more info about them at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn4bzIckiIg

• Information