Wanted: Reason Pianos (SOLVED)

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
OldGoat

04 Jan 2016

Dear readers,

I would like to buy Reason Pianos, but the price is a little bit harsh, so I'm wondering if anyone in this forum wants to get rid of it and sell it to me (for a good price).
I only accept a license transfer through Propellerhead's "Transfer License"-Function.
PM me if you want to make the deal.

Update: I almost have it, just waiting for the PH-License-Transfer to complete...Thank you all very much!
Last edited by OldGoat on 12 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.

joeyluck

04 Jan 2016

I purchased it from Pro Audio Star for $19 new in box along with the Rhythm Combo for $40. That was over a year ago though when they were clearancing their ReFill stock. Check with them (their site and their eBay store). Some other stores might have them for pretty cheap as well... Good luck!

pedrocaetanos

04 Jan 2016

If you're interested, I'm selling a license for Abbey Road Keyboard. We could negociate.
It includes 2 pianos, but a bit out-of-tune, not in perfect tuning as Reason Pianos. I can give you more details (I think I have the marketing PDF)
Note however that Reason Pianos are almost too much in tuning :)
It's prefect for a recording of course, but for learning and practicing piano I often use the Challen Piano from Abbey Road Keyboard which kind of recreates the typical tuning of an average vertical piano.
My teacher's piano (vertical) is well tuned but never as perfect as even the vertical Steinway from Reason Pianos.
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

joeyluck

04 Jan 2016

pedrocaetanos wrote:If you're interested, I'm selling a license for Abbey Road Keyboard. We could negociate.
It includes 2 pianos, but a bit out-of-tune, not in perfect tuning as Reason Pianos. I can give you more details (I think I have the marketing PDF)
It's prefect for a recording of course, but for learning and practicing piano I often use the Challen Piano from Abbey Road Keyboard which kind of recreates the typical tuning of an average vertical piano.
My teacher's piano (vertical) is well tuned but never as perfect as even the vertical Steinway from Reason Pianos.
The Challen is my favorite piano in Reason. I typically use the 'Close and Back' and the 'Warm Acoustic.' Sounds superb.
And the Abbey Road Keyboards ReFill is my favorite ReFill. And since it's discontinued and becoming harder to find, it's quite the unique ReFill to have for Reason. If I didn't have it already, I would jump on this.

pedrocaetanos

04 Jan 2016

joeyluck wrote:The Challen is my favorite piano in Reason. I typically use the 'Close and Back' and the 'Warm Acoustic.' Sounds superb.
And the Abbey Road Keyboards ReFill is my favorite ReFill. And since it's discontinued and becoming harder to find, it's quite the unique ReFill to have for Reason. If I didn't have it already, I would jump on this.
I'm only selling because I have 2 copies, I wouldn't want to be without it ;)
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

JNeffLind

04 Jan 2016

pedrocaetanos wrote:If you're interested, I'm selling a license for Abbey Road Keyboard. We could negociate.
I'm interested. Sending you a pm.

JNeffLind

04 Jan 2016

OldGoat wrote:Dear readers,

I would like to buy Reason Pianos, but the price is a little bit harsh, so I'm wondering if anyone in this forum wants to get rid of it and sell it to me (for a good price).
I only accept a license transfer through Propellerhead's "Transfer License"-Function.
PM me if you want to make the deal.
By the way, I just want to chime in with my love for Reason Pianos. I think it's far and away the best piano set in Reason, though of course it is a bit pricey. If you can get your hands on it, you won't regret it. I use it on nearly every song. Tons of great combinators ranging from weird to slightly tweaked and of course the three pianos sampled coupled with the sympathetic resonance creates an amazing natural sound.

joeyluck

04 Jan 2016

OldGoat wrote:I would like to buy Reason Pianos
Hey, so I checked in with ProAudioStar for you. As I was saying, I got it from them for CHEAP. I paid $19. New in box with registration and successfully registered to my account.

Looks like they still have copies, but bundled with M-Audio Axioms:
http://www.proaudiostar.com/catalogsear ... /?q=refill

That Axiom Air 25 priced at $299 bundled with Reason Pianos goes for $299 by itself most everywhere else.

I asked them if they have any copies to sell separately. I spoke to Steven who said he would get back to me. Will let you know!

OldGoat

04 Jan 2016

Joey, thank you very much for this, I'm not able to find words for such a great deed (seriously, no joke, no irony)!
pedrocaetanos, thank you very much for your offer, but I do not need too many Piano-Refills since I already own Radical Piano, but it seems that you already have a buyer, what leads me to JNeffLind: thanks, you confirmed my opinion.

pedrocaetanos

05 Jan 2016

JNeffLind wrote:I'm interested. Sending you a pm.
Replied :)

pedrocaetanos

05 Jan 2016

JNeffLind wrote:By the way, I just want to chime in with my love for Reason Pianos. I think it's far and away the best piano set in Reason, though of course it is a bit pricey. If you can get your hands on it, you won't regret it. I use it on nearly every song. Tons of great combinators ranging from weird to slightly tweaked and of course the three pianos sampled coupled with the sympathetic resonance creates an amazing natural sound.
I might as well do same loving statement :) . In the end, the piano I love the most is possibly the steinway grand from Reason Pianos.

joeyluck

05 Jan 2016

Just got an answer from ProAudioStar. Apparently the M-Audio Axiom Air 25 bundle with Reason Pianos comes from M-Audio, so they say they can't break it up. Sorry. They seem to be the only store that offers it though, so who knows... If you call, you might get a different answer.

If anybody is interested in that keyboard, you get Reason Pianos for free with it based on the price.
http://www.proaudiostar.com/m-audio-axi ... k-1-0.html

They've also got some other great M-Audio bundles with Abbey Road Keyboards, Rhythm Combo, Drums... And the Reason Drums ReFill separately for $49.
http://www.proaudiostar.com/catalogsear ... /?q=refill

OldGoat

07 Jan 2016

Thank you very much, Joey, unfortunately I'm too happy with my Kork Kontrol 49 and my YouRockGuitar, so this offer is not what I want.
All others: Anyone who wants to sell Reason Pianos: please "pm" me!

mcatalao
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2016

pedrocaetanos wrote:
JNeffLind wrote:By the way, I just want to chime in with my love for Reason Pianos. I think it's far and away the best piano set in Reason, though of course it is a bit pricey. If you can get your hands on it, you won't regret it. I use it on nearly every song. Tons of great combinators ranging from weird to slightly tweaked and of course the three pianos sampled coupled with the sympathetic resonance creates an amazing natural sound.
I might as well do same loving statement :) . In the end, the piano I love the most is possibly the steinway grand from Reason Pianos.
Me too. Thought my favourite is the yamaha. I like it's "darker" tone in the lows.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2016

BTW, just let me explain the depth of this refill for the case people do not know it...

This refill was recorded on the Swedish Radio Concert hall. It has a Steinway Grand, a Yamaha grand and a Steinway vertical.
Each piano was recorded with about 4 to 6 mics (stereo front/top, down ribbons and condensers, and room).
To maximize space they recorded each notes for each 3 steps - nn xt does a good job transposing these notes, in semitones, but transposing more than 2 full tones would start to be noticed - i would prefer a 2 step sampling or even 1 note sampling, but i do not notice any transposing artifacts. Additionally each sound has also 4 primary dinamic layers, 3 resonance layers, and additional damper, and pedal noises (4 to 6 on depending on the octave). This for ONE mic recording in ONE nn-XT.

If you take for example Steinway Cocktail Lux patch, it is made of a blend of 3 mic setups (Jazz + Amb + Ribbon).
So it has 3 nn-xt in the latest form. When you play one note on this piano patch, reason is really playing at least 6 notes on each nn-xt making a total of 18 samples. Now if you play more panistic like me... with the use of multiple fingers and the piano sustain pedal, notes get sustained and you get a multitude of sounds at the same time.

Oddly enough Rpi should be a performance hog, and still... :)

• Information