refill packer: where does my refill end up?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
bpmorton

01 Nov 2015

I used refill packer for the first time in about ten years and it seems to make a refill but where that refill ends up must be that invisible folder that okchester and RFSB are in. can't put the refills in anything "custom" because it wants tom see a copy of reason in that folder....stupid.

Benedict
Competition Winner

01 Nov 2015

The Packer asks you where you want the ReFill to go

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

bpmorton

01 Nov 2015

It gives me two options. Default (Reason 8.2 or later) or custom. If I choose custom it complains that there is no reason or record application in that folder. If I choose default it makes the refill but then I can't find the refill. When I'm browsing for sounds the factory sound bank seems to be in some magical invisible older that only Reason can see (local C/program data/Propellerhead software/soundbanks/Reason 8/factory soundbank.) I'm guessing that is where refill packer is depositing my refill.

Benedict
Competition Winner

02 Nov 2015

Maybe it has changed but it always used to be the second line where it asked for Output Folder. This is where the ReFill gets put. Failing that try a Search.

Bear in mind that you may have preferences that hides some kinds of files. Check your own Folder/System options in case that is an issue

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

02 Nov 2015

The packer asks you where you want to ReFill to go.

(Can't think how I can put it any differently to Benedict ;) )

It's the second line
: "Output File".

dana

02 Nov 2015

It really depends on whether you have selected a folder to pack or are actually inside the folder when you click ok, whether the refill goes inside or outside the packing folder afaik.

But from doing this a gazillion times i can tell you its best to select where you want the refill it to go as jiggery said.

bpmorton

02 Nov 2015

thanks for the help guys! I have it sorted now and was able to turn on those invisible folders. Now I can see where everything is going.

sinnerfire

14 Nov 2015

The new Refill Packer 8.2 update fixes this issue, you can download it from the Prop website.

https://www.propellerheads.se/download/ ... et_article
https://drumandbassasylum.com/ Free Samples + Presets for Reason.

kitekrazy

14 Nov 2015

I copy my template folder to the desktop and everything is done there.

• Information