orchestron optigan refill samples

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
dancing fool

01 Nov 2015

Hello,
I am looking for a refill or samples of the orchestron and optigan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orchestron
I know there is a site optigan.org they have a sample cd with samples of the original master tapes. But that misses the vintage sounds.
There is also "sample tron" from IK multi media but that is vst.
So does anybody knows?

eusti

01 Nov 2015

I think the optigan.com site offers two sets of samples: One from the master tapes and the other one with the vintage character in tact:
http://optigan.com/shoptigan/soundware/ ... l-toolkit/

D.

dancing fool

02 Nov 2015

Ok than. I will send an email to them. If it is so i will buy the cd.
Thanx.

eusti

02 Nov 2015

dancing fool wrote:Ok than. I will send an email to them. If it is so i will buy the cd.
Thanx.
Keep us posted about it all... Have been intrigued by those sounds for a while now, but never felt I had the money to spare on something that I might or might not use that often in the end... Curious what you think of the samples if you get them1

D.

dancing fool

03 Nov 2015

Yes ok. I will do that.
I need those samples for a kraftwerk cover project i am working on.

eusti

03 Nov 2015

dancing fool wrote:Yes ok. I will do that.
I need those samples for a kraftwerk cover project i am working on.
Great! Looking forward to hear about the Kraftwerk stuff too when it's ready! :)

D.

dancing fool

17 Nov 2015

Whel i've got the wav files downloaded. And they are great. Sampled from the orchestron en optigan with all lo-fi hum hiss. REal vintage. Tho a lot of work to get al the samples in the NN-NX. But it is teh real kraftwerk string and choir sound.
For the kraftwerk cober stuff you have to be patient. We start in jan 2016 with rehursals.

Marco Raaphorst

17 Nov 2015

I am a big fan of M-Tron Pro plus some additional libraries. Really moody stuff.

Lizard

17 Nov 2015

I know the OP wants to avoid VST but I'll mimic Marco. M-Tron Pro is an awesome software and the supplemental libraries are awesome. If you have the need and like the sound it is an invaluable tool.

eusti

17 Nov 2015

dancing fool wrote:Whel i've got the wav files downloaded. And they are great. Sampled from the orchestron en optigan with all lo-fi hum hiss. REal vintage. Tho a lot of work to get al the samples in the NN-NX. But it is teh real kraftwerk string and choir sound.
For the kraftwerk cober stuff you have to be patient. We start in jan 2016 with rehursals.
Glad to hear you like the samples!

Looking forward to hear the Kraftwerk stuff at a later date! ;)

D.

• Information