Have you bought a Reason Refill on Ebay?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Alkua

23 Oct 2015

I saw that on eBay that there are a lot of Reason Refills, like Nexus, Hypersonic, Motif, D-50, Trap library, etc...

For the price it bring a big amount of sound like 20gb. But I want to know if the quality is good.

If anyone has purchased a refill on eBay, tell me if it is good, bad, or OK.

challism

23 Oct 2015

Since it is a digital file (and packed in a refill), it is going to be exactly the same quality as it would be from the original retail outlet. The issue with these refills on ebay, is that they are most likely all pirated, and the original artist/producers will not be getting paid... the pirate and ebay will make all the profit. So it becomes a matter of ethics, not quality.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

gak

23 Oct 2015

Not to mention that they can pack a wollup in the virus arena ;)

Did you check the source? Simply having a good rep is not enough, you need to google the seller (if there is fraud, usually but not always others have been duped)

avasopht
Competition Winner

24 Oct 2015

I've purchased lots from eBay and I've gotten both good and bad.

Primeloops started out by selling their content on eBay ;)

gak

24 Oct 2015

That's just it, there are some legit people. Just check it out and try to be careful.

JNeffLind

24 Oct 2015

Yeah, I was going to say the same as others here, so I'll second it. Digital stuff on Ebay is a pirate's dream. I'd say try to find stuff through the creator's website or through reputable sources if you care about supporting developers (which you should if you like having new content to work with).

faun2500

26 Oct 2015

EBay is rife with scams. Better to buy you refills from trusted sites.
Big discounts on new Reason ReFills at https://NewLoops.com :refill: :refill: :thumbs_up:

dana

27 Oct 2015

I bought a couple of patches really cheap on ebay of uad emulations!

bitley

30 Oct 2015

Never support Ebay copycats!

PurpleMonkeyDishes

01 Nov 2015

There are some genuine software stores and developers who use ebay as a sales point. But use your head by checking the ebay profile. Also some stores and developers have links to thier ebay profile from thier own websites..
But if it is just some nut job flogging crap or very obviously pirated stuff, then avoid...
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

avasopht
Competition Winner

01 Nov 2015

bitley™ wrote:Never support Ebay copycats!
Primeloops started out seeking their refills on eBay so they're not all copycats.

freeQlow

01 Nov 2015

Forum needs a list of good vendors.
EBay and Amazon would be the first 2 places people would search outside the prop shop. ITunes 3rd.

We owe the community a good service.

Cough up those good vendor lists!

This topic reminds me that I need not fall victim and be Carnaged amongst piers and friends and thus I need to purchase my copy of sylenth.

CharlyCharlzz

01 Nov 2015

some of you are so wrong speaking like that , there is super pearls that are not pirated !

there are some refill's from the early days that got a carton BOX with photo copys to make the cover and that are 1) 100% reaL and 2) super collectors :)

also there is a lot of great refills that are only available on physical copys because in the box of cd's or the DVD you have all the Halion , reactor , MPCwav on it as well then a refill !

so if you want not to have super cool refill's on DVD's with a box coming with other formats of VST's soundbanks for almost nothing when they been going for 150 bucks a few years ago then dont go in music stores look for them .
I got so many physical copys that never been sold on digital format and only for a few bucks then I would just say stay away and leave them for me haha!

no I dont want to sound crazy but a lot of great refills on dvd's and cd's you will never find again in digital or without the other formats or wavs etc..

I even think they look great in real LOL

I buyed this one for 30 bucks in a old shop that had all the physical copys on sale in a box
just incredible refill from zero G for nothing and with 7gb of samples I dont have to download LOL !
I got lot's of cool bigfish refills like that , always cool to have it in real IMO and specialy that you dont have them all in a digital format .

that sayed on Ebay only buy the hard copys that look legit from big brands like Propellerhead , Zero-G , BigFishAudio etc....
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

bitword

06 Nov 2015

I've found my own ReFills for sale on Ebay, so be careful of who you buy from.

Cheers,
bitword

Ostermilk

06 Nov 2015

I only time I've got burned on e-bay was trying to buy a couple of cheap thumb drives which of course turned out to be fake. I thought I wouldn't make a fuss about it as it was only a few £.

Afterward I thought about it and decided that if enough people let a few £ go without making a fuss that might be just how the vendor liked it. So I made a fuss and he offered a refund which I refused as I wanted exactly what I'd ordered because I figured if he just gave out a few refunds to those that actually bothered to complain then he would still be making £££'s out of folk that were just prepared to take the loss and put it down to experience.

Anyway after a bit of debate via email where I must have mistakenly given him an impression that I was well onto his case and what exactly he was up to as he eventually said he'd provide me with a couple of genuine 32 Gig thumb drives provided I didn't rat on him to e-Bay.

I didn't think any more about it, again resigning myself to the idea I'd been had until a couple of days later when the goods turned up, I checked 'em out and they were fine. Then I ratted on him and supplied the transcript of the email exchange whilst pointing out that in my case at least he made good on his promise... :twisted:

So yes, there are plenty of shysters on eBay but with a bit of common-sense and utilising all the buyer protection that is available to you then as Charly rightly points out it's still possible to find some wholesome wheat among all the chaff.

dana

14 Nov 2015

I recently bought a refill from amazound on ebay, it was the Roland JV-2080 refill.. They are pretty good samples, only the odd one is badly looped most are fine.

The sound quality is really good, these are the cleanest-sampled synths i've ever heard. Almost like you're listening to the original rom file.

It comes with a combinator and an nnxt for each patch.

I will buy some more in the future.

• Information