Selig ART Tape: Ampex

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
ScuzzyEye

18 Oct 2015

selig wrote:But fwiw, it's mostly high frequency noise, so as a quick solution just use Thor's noise and a high pass filter and put it down at -50 dBFS or so in the mix and that should do it. For added realism, modulate the amplitude by a "slow random" waveform to simulate tape dropout, adjusting the rate and depth to get some random variations in the level and/or brightness.
:)
You could then look at the spectrum of the noise you're producing, and make a eq curve to match it, and a second eq with the inverse of that curve. Apply the first eq to your audio, and apply a little saturation, then mix in the tape noise. Then apply the inverted eq to the output of that mix, as an attempt to remove the noise, and restore the original audio. Now you've implemented the earliest version of noise reduction. :)

Marco Raaphorst

19 Oct 2015

Static noise OSC of Thor is great for Vinyl effects as well.

challism

19 Oct 2015

Thanks again, Giles
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Marco Raaphorst

19 Oct 2015

This one is also uber cool for vinyl noises: http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/dustyS ... erator.php

dana

19 Oct 2015

I had a go last night making a combinator, using lectric panda shape to draw in the scrapes in the vinyl, which controls the distortion on a scream which is fed in with some brown noise from thor. Its just thrown together, its not complete.. and effect is very subtle as i usually lift the high frequencies on my master bus.

http://www.repatcher.com/patches/000156 ... 4/download

• Information