How Do I Get My New Presets To Show Up In The Browser Area?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
highmarcs

24 Sep 2015

How do I get third party Reason presets to appear in the browser space, in the same area as "Factory Sounds" and "Orkester Sounds"? I've put the presets in their own folder and have placed that folder within the Propellerhead "Soundbanks" folder, which also contains the "Factory Sounds" and "Orkester Sounds" folders, but my new presets still don't appear in the browser along with them.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Reason Screen Shot.jpg
Reason Screen Shot.jpg (242.39 KiB) Viewed 624 times
Reason Screen Shot 2.jpg
Reason Screen Shot 2.jpg (221.03 KiB) Viewed 624 times

joeyluck

24 Sep 2015

Simply navigate to the folder using the Reason browser beginning from your home folder ('highmarcs').
Then drag and drop that folder and/or ReFills as shortcuts into the left column.
Hope that helps!

joeyluck

24 Sep 2015

Also it should be noted: you don't need to store your additional ReFills there.
I store mine in my Google Drive folder so I always have them backed up and available from any computer when I travel.

Propellerhead's 'Sync All' function for Rack Extensions + use of any cloud storage for ReFills = dream come true for a someone working on different machines from time to time or upgrading to a new computer.

JNeffLind

24 Sep 2015

I had this problem before too. Make sure you drag the folder to the top of the favorites list. You can't just put it anywhere in the left column. For example if you try to put it between Factory Sound Bank and Orkester sounds it won't work. If you move it over to right above "Showcase" a blue line should appear and you can drop it there. FYI, once you've made some favorites lists it's also possible to store folders inside favorites lists, as opposed to just with the lists themselves.

• Information