FSB patch "While my voice gently plays guitar"

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
challism

27 Aug 2015

I haven't ever used this FX patch from the FSB, but I am kind of blown away with the results. I took a first take improvised (and honestly not very good) vocal track and it turned it into a really cool and wild sounding wah wah guitar bit. I'm really amazed with this effect. I can't wait to get back to the microphone and see what other stuff I can create with this patch. Give it a shot if you have a chance, I think you will be surprised (and pleased) with the results.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

mbfrancis

27 Aug 2015

There are astonishingly good combinator patches tucked away in the FSB. I remember when I first found the All FX section, it blew my mind.

I wish someone put together a list of all the effect patches (combi and otherwise) with descriptions - some of the combi reverbs are amazing, but you would never know they were there or sometimes how to use them.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

JNeffLind

27 Aug 2015

Thanks for the tip. Except that now I have another thing to add to my "must explore/experiment" list.

Namahs Amrak

28 Aug 2015

Be aware that the cool combi patches that use Line6 amps may cease to exist in R9, or maybe R10, when they disappear forever. I don't know if Props plan to rebuild the Combi's with a similar tone using the Softube amps. I'm going to start saving them remotely and replacing the amps with Kuassa.
My Words are my ART

challism

28 Aug 2015

Fortunately, this patch doesn't use the Line6 devices. That's a good point you raise, though. I would hope that Props update the FSB to replace all patches containing the Line6 devices; their backward comparability guarantee pretty much ensure that they will have to do that (right?). It would be really poor customer service and poor form to not replace those.... they have ALWAYS taken great care of me in the past, so I think they will take care of us after Line6 is gone.

Namahs Amrak

28 Aug 2015

challism wrote:Fortunately, this patch doesn't use the Line6 devices. That's a good point you raise, though.
Yea, I didn't check, I just thought of 'wah' and was reminded of the Line6 having this feature, where the Softube amp does not.

challism wrote:I would hope that Props update the FSB to replace all patches containing the Line6 devices; their backward compatibility guarantee pretty much ensure that they will have to do that (right?).
Nope. When R9 comes out, they will no longer be able to claim backwards compatibility compliance.

challism wrote:It would be really poor customer service and poor form to not replace those....
"Poor Form" has become an artform over at Propellerhead. It's the one thing they excel at.
challism wrote:they have ALWAYS taken great care of me in the past, so I think they will take care of us after Line6 is gone.
Don't hold your breath.
My Words are my ART

challism

28 Aug 2015

Yeah, I guess when the Line6 REs are gone, old files/songs won't load w/o errors. I still hope they replace them in the FSB. They really need to do something to bridge those gaps. It would seem rather embarrassing to have errors right out the gates of a fresh R9 or R10 install.

WAH
It sounds pretty wah-wah-ish, but that could be the various vocal sounds being processed which are making the sound. This patch is (surprisingly) using Neptune and a couple of Screams.... really quite a simple patch. I haven't had much time to play with it since I first discovered it a day or so ago.

jfrichards

01 Sep 2015

Another cool stock effect is Tea In Sahara. Used it in this song:

Made with my co-worker/neighbor vocalist Amanda Morley. It does use a Line6, but it would be easy to substitute the Softube Amp.

-008'

06 Sep 2015

In case you were wondering, I created this patch. :)

I havent posted here for a very looong time. but i saw this and had to reacticate my acct, so i could just say im glad that you liked it..

Happy someone found the patch to be useful!

All the best
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

jfrichards

10 Sep 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:...When R9 comes out, they will no longer be able to claim backwards compatibility compliance...
Props could easily fix that by adding an FSB9 that includes all the Line6-based patches with Softube/ECF-wah substitutions, using the same names of the patches. The stadium lead type Line6 patches would require a touch of Scream, but still easy for them to do, if they want to. If anyone has a particular song using Line6 that is quite valuable (commercially or emotionally) to them, I'll do my best to make you a substitute R9 patch if Props won't do it, assuming I'm still alive (the aches and pains of being 61 have convinced me that we are not immortal, just like the alliance between Reason and Line6).

SunSetCity

10 Sep 2015

Hopefully the Props will ensure in R9 that all songs/refills/combinators containing Line6 devices still can be loaded/openend without any "Device missing" errors. So that one still can use the files in its entirety... Maybe instead of the Line6 device there could be shown a cardboard box like they already do with missing (not bought) Rack Extensions?!

jfrichards

12 Sep 2015

SunSetCity wrote:Hopefully the Props will ensure in R9 that all songs/refills/combinators containing Line6 devices still can be loaded/openend without any "Device missing" errors. So that one still can use the files in its entirety... Maybe instead of the Line6 device there could be shown a cardboard box like they already do with missing (not bought) Rack Extensions?!
I was thinking they could do way better than a cardboard box by providing substitute Softube Amp patches which would get you at least in the ball park.

• Information