ReasonTalk Community IR ReFill? :)

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
joeyluck

12 Aug 2015

I think it would be extremely fun to put together a community impulse response ReFill :D

Where are you from? In addition to showing us on a map, let us listen to where you are!

Let's hear your spaces! Your bedroom, bathroom, living room, garage, inside your car...
Where do you work? An office space? Theatre?
Maybe your favorite hangout spot?
The catch is getting silence in that area.

But also open to creative impulse responses as well.
We could have a few folders organizing this. Such as spaces vs. creative and also by country and space type.

So who's in?
Perhaps this could be made available in the shop if Propellerhead will allow us to offer a free ReFill in the shop.
Otherwise, it would of course be free to the Reason community via the forum.
I think it would be an absolutely wonderful way to showcase the global reach of Reason while also promoting ReasonTalk :)

am0eba

12 Aug 2015

Love the idea! Will give some thought to appropriate "locations"…

_Dave_
:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

freeQlow

17 Aug 2015

Would the mic on our phones work?

I have a couple interesting things I could record in a couple weeks like
Concrete spinning in a concrete truck, the hopper on the back of a big concrete pump turning, wet setting anchor bolts in fresh concrete.

Marco Raaphorst

19 Aug 2015

This might be cool.

Would you use a sweep and an impulse app to build the wav/aif or allow simple "claps hands, record the audio" kinda IR's?

joeyluck

19 Aug 2015

Marco Raaphorst wrote:This might be cool.

Would you use a sweep and an impulse app to build the wav/aif or allow simple "claps hands, record the audio" kinda IR's?
You could use whatever you are comfortable using to create the IRs as long as they work well with the RV7000 MkII.
It will be left to the creator if the IR is a good representation of the space and a quality IR by testing it themselves.
Keep in mind that the RV7000 has more tricks up it's sleeve to make adjustments. And of course, RV7000 patches will be very welcome.

Do folks think there needs to be stricter guidelines/rules?
I'm of course hoping this gains more interest :)

Marco Raaphorst

19 Aug 2015

strict guidelines/rules might be cool to get the quality ok.
someone should supervise the whole ReFill for inconsistency and things like that.
the devil is in the details to make things super useful.

AJTIV

15 Jan 2016

I'm up for this 100%. I'm not exactly sure how I'd get high quality IR's though. I do have an iPhone, but not a real mic/recorder.
:reason: :re: :PUF_figure:

miscend

15 Jan 2016

Count me in

yeahright31

09 Mar 2016

I researched what IR Response is when I first upgraded to Reason 8 and heard of this. I had a load of great ideas like going under bridges and few places I knew may be cool to record. But the IR Response thing confused me, I don't know what i'm supposed to be hearing or listening out for. Few interesting caves and tunnels around my area, but I lack understanding of what I'm supposed to be doing.

joeyluck

09 Mar 2016

Hey everybody! Sorry I missed some of these comments. I'm still very interested in this project.

@yeahright31, here is a great video Ryan Harlin created that goes over convolution reverb, the RV7000 MkII, and how to create and load impulse responses:

• Information