ReasonTalk Guitar Patches

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
jfrichards

08 Aug 2015

Another Hendrix lead patch to add to the Hendrix folder, using Softube Amp, called Jimi Talking Slow
https://www.dropbox.com/s/myoa1z1mwe4y0 ... 9.cmb?dl=0

Here it is in a song:
https://www.propellerheads.se/s/6nYjT48G

normen

24 Aug 2015

Heres two guitar related patches I did, you're welcome to include them as well if you want.

A Rockman emulation:
http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7491115

A "RATT" style guitar (and a drum) patch:
http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... 52057#p478

The latter uses the Line6 guitar cab though, idk if you want to include it. The first is solely internal Reason effects.

mbfrancis

27 Aug 2015

Hey is someone putting these together or should we just download them all individually? Maybe someone could put them into a DropBox that could be updated?
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

jfrichards

27 Aug 2015

mbfrancis wrote:Hey is someone putting these together or should we just download them all individually? Maybe someone could put them into a DropBox that could be updated?
I was hoping to rename every submitted patch with a standard naming convention that would make it easy to see what it is and what Rack Extensions are needed, but I keep getting side-tracked and the number is growing fast. Maybe this thread could be the place where the patches exist as it is now, and people can download them and add them to their own folder system. I could rename the thread something like ReasonTalk Guitar Patches.

jfrichards

29 Aug 2015

Tincture wrote:...Please do what you want to them to make them useable for your refill and let me know if you'd like the rest...
Hey Zac, having some fun with your patches. I don't have the dual chorus RE for the GitAllOutToSea2 patch, so I put the half rack chorus on the left and the half-rack unison on the right and got this:
https://www.propellerheads.se/s/q9y9U0Ty
I use the RE-2A a lot too, especially for that little bit of 12AX7 tube harmonics.

Tincture

29 Aug 2015

It's beautiful John. Love the fact that you've got bass richness and treble jingly janglyness at the same time. Nice riff too! I'm still on R7.1.1 but I'd love to do the backing/production (drums, pads etc) for one of your pieces sometime. Either an oldie or a new one :)

craven

08 Sep 2015

great thread! can you zip the whole folder structure with patches please? I really like they way you organized these.
And I'm too impatient to wait for a refill release :)
:ugeek:

jfrichards

10 Sep 2015

mbfrancis wrote:I am so grateful for this thread. I am waiting for my new computer which should let me play through all these wonderful patches without crackling!
Hey Martin, there are a few ways to get rid of the crackling. Change your sample rate in audio preferences to 44.1, change the buffer to 256 samples, get rid of fancy reverbs and replace them with the old half-rack reverb, get rid of reverbs for separate tracks and run them all through one reverb in the send-return loop, don't do any automation curves of reverb, set your CPU usage to 95% or no limit, substitute any other organ for Revival, bounce other CPU hog tracks to additional audio tracks and mute the original track. I'm sure there are others to try. Sucks being poor. I've changed the whole way I compose to avoid the crackle-and-freeze thing.

mbfrancis

11 Sep 2015

jfrichards wrote:
mbfrancis wrote:I am so grateful for this thread. I am waiting for my new computer which should let me play through all these wonderful patches without crackling!
Hey Martin, there are a few ways to get rid of the crackling. Change your sample rate in audio preferences to 44.1, change the buffer to 256 samples, get rid of fancy reverbs and replace them with the old half-rack reverb, get rid of reverbs for separate tracks and run them all through one reverb in the send-return loop, don't do any automation curves of reverb, set your CPU usage to 95% or no limit, substitute any other organ for Revival, bounce other CPU hog tracks to additional audio tracks and mute the original track. I'm sure there are others to try. Sucks being poor. I've changed the whole way I compose to avoid the crackle-and-freeze thing.
Hey John-- Got the new PC, i7 16GB RAM, and I'm so happy now it's crazy. I was doing all the tricks you outline above and more! Now that I'm not stopped by my PC, I've been running through all the patches I have. Some decent Softube AMP presets, and the patches here are great. Hydlide's are mostly over my head (so many devices!), but some are amazing for shoegaze / ambient.

Marco's Boutique Amp refill is outstanding, well worth it: http://melodiefabriek.com/shop/boutique-amp/

[Why is there no easy way to make text hyperlink?]
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

mbfrancis

11 Sep 2015

jfrichards wrote:
Hey John-- Got the new PC, i7 16GB RAM, and I'm so happy now it's crazy. I was doing all the tricks you outline above and more! Now that I'm not stopped by my PC, I've been running through all the patches I have. Some decent Softube AMP presets, and the patches here are great. Hydlide's are mostly over my head (so many devices!), but some are amazing for shoegaze / ambient.

Marco's Boutique Amp refill is outstanding, well worth it: http://melodiefabriek.com/shop/boutique-amp/

[Why is there no easy way to make text hyperlink?]

jfrichards

19 Sep 2015

Engl-ish Snarl patch with RE-2A (not required), Creme to one side, and Vermilion A into Vermilion C into Creme 4x12's on the other

https://www.dropbox.com/s/11cjm4dcb2c3c ... 9.cmb?dl=0

More or less used in this song:

jfrichards

03 Feb 2016

Bump for current discussions on looming Line6 change.

jfrichards

23 May 2016

Bump for R9 release for guitarists. This is an OK place for questions post-Line6

jfrichards

11 Jun 2016

Cool little graphic:
Attachments
rev blue perpect.jpg
rev blue perpect.jpg (177.87 KiB) Viewed 4753 times

TheGuyNotNamedBob

11 Jun 2016

Are most of these made with softube? Because I think this thread was made after the announcement about the Line 6 amps going away.

And what is the status on the ReFill? Because I would be interested in maybe contributing a combinator or something if so.

Marco Raaphorst

11 Jun 2016

I am working on a new ReFill for guitar called Rockmen. It's a commercial one. But maybe I can include something in your package John? I have build a Uni Vibe and some super cool Echo devices. Totally psychedelic.

SunSetCity

11 Jun 2016

Marco Raaphorst wrote:I am working on a new ReFill for guitar called Rockmen. It's a commercial one. But maybe I can include something in your package John? I have build a Uni Vibe and some super cool Echo devices. Totally psychedelic.
I'm searching for an ebow sounding patch in Reason (e. g. like Martin Gore is playing his guitar in the ending of Depeche Mode's "Walking in my shoes"). Is it possible to design a patch, which makes a sustaining guitar sound like that and if it's played by an ebow? Or is that impossible (in Rason) / only possible with a huge sample bank?

Marco Raaphorst

11 Jun 2016

SunSetCity wrote:
Marco Raaphorst wrote:I am working on a new ReFill for guitar called Rockmen. It's a commercial one. But maybe I can include something in your package John? I have build a Uni Vibe and some super cool Echo devices. Totally psychedelic.
I'm searching for an ebow sounding patch in Reason (e. g. like Martin Gore is playing his guitar in the ending of Depeche Mode's "Walking in my shoes"). Is it possible to design a patch, which makes a sustaining guitar sound like that and if it's played by an ebow? Or is that impossible (in Rason) / only possible with a huge sample bank?

Mmm. No idea at the moment how to do that other than using samples and portamento on the sampler. Got me thinking about designing synth patches with large amounts of portamento though! :) Thanks!

jfrichards

11 Jun 2016

Here are the Softube Amp patches from R8. These will be included with the Softube amp that is included in R9.
Also included below is Marco's fantastic refill patch list for the Softube Amp ($15 at http://melodiefabriek.com/shop/boutique-amp/)
Many of these are direct substitutions for the Line 6 patches, and many of those are improvements. If I remember, the stock effect patch named Filter - Amp Wah 3.cmb is a good starting point to replace the Line6 with a wah and Marco's are great too.
When R9 automatically substitutes the Softube Amp for patches with Line6, you can then drag these to replace the default Softube as starting points.
Sure would be nice if the Dynamic Duo (Mattias and Ryan) put together a video for guitarists with all the new stuff.
There is a lot out there on Kuassa Vermillion and Creme, but nothing on Sononics Revival guitar sounds.
Attachments
Softube Amp Patches.jpg
Softube Amp Patches.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 4734 times
Last edited by jfrichards on 12 Jun 2016, edited 2 times in total.

jfrichards

12 Jun 2016

TheGuyNotNamedBob wrote:Are most of these made with softube? ...I would be interested in maybe contributing a combinator or something...
We've been trying to use everything in Reason, and there's a lot, but it's going slow because we all like to play guitar more than design patches. If you add a combinator, I'll add it to the first post repository, thanks.
Attachments
Guitar stuff.jpg
Guitar stuff.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 4717 times

TheGuyNotNamedBob

12 Jun 2016

jfrichards wrote:
TheGuyNotNamedBob wrote:Are most of these made with softube? ...I would be interested in maybe contributing a combinator or something...
We've been trying to use everything in Reason, and there's a lot, but it's going slow because we all like to play guitar more than design patches. If you add a combinator, I'll add it to the first post repository, thanks.
Ok, I'll try to get up soon =)

EDIT: sorry, "it" up soon

jfrichards

12 Jun 2016

A Sononics Revival patch for guitar (hook it up in an audio track on the back):
sound example (revival patch below:)

PS you can automate everything in Revival, including amp type selection.
Attachments
Sononics guitar.jpg
Sononics guitar.jpg (670.96 KiB) Viewed 4705 times
Sononics Guitar - Blue Marshall.repatch.zip
(2.62 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Last edited by jfrichards on 13 Jun 2016, edited 2 times in total.

jfrichards

20 Jun 2016

Yay! Marco has put some of his cool guitar patches into a new refill:
http://melodiefabriek.com/shop/rockmen/

• Information