ReasonTalk Guitar Patches

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
dimi

20 Jan 2017

More tones in progress! :D

dimi

25 Jan 2017

Another tone recreation for today :)
Best Regards,
Dimi

dimi

27 Jan 2017

A classic Satriani tone from today :)

dimi

27 Jan 2017

Guys, all the sounds posted here will be uploaded in one Refill for free!
Have a great weekend!
Dimi
:)

moneykube

27 Jan 2017

great great great,,,, thanks a lot
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

jfrichards

27 Jan 2017

Sorry Dimi but I still hate you, you are too good
Last edited by jfrichards on 27 Jan 2017, edited 1 time in total.

dimi

27 Jan 2017

Man :( :(
:D

dimi

27 Jan 2017

If I can help with anything, I'm here :)

moneykube

28 Jan 2017

a little extreme no?

Definition of hate

a : intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injuryb : extreme dislike or disgust : antipathy, loathing <had a great hate of hard work>

: an object of hatred <a generation whose finest hate had been big business — F. L. Paxson>

jfrichards

28 Jan 2017

moneykube wrote:a little extreme no?...
No, not at all. If I superglue his fingers together, that would be extreme. But I'm still allowing him to put us mere mortals to shame every day. I'm loving that we have a great guitarist in the Reason fold.

moneykube

28 Jan 2017

jfrichards wrote:
moneykube wrote:a little extreme no?...
No, not at all. If I superglue his fingers together, that would be extreme. But I'm still allowing him to put us mere mortals to shame every day. I'm loving that we have a great guitarist in the Reason fold.
:arrow: referring to this..."Sorry Dimi but I still hate you, you are too good" :puf_wink: Dimi is great

dimi

29 Jan 2017

One more finished for today :)
All guitar tracks presets saved!

jfrichards

29 Jan 2017

For those of you who have and like the stock Softube Amp, part of Reason from 8.0 onwards, I highly recommend trialing the Kuassa Distortion, Overdrive, and Fuzz Rack Extensions. They work extremely well together. Personally I prefer the Kuassa amps, but I've been trying out the Softube with the three new effects and the results are quite amazing.

dimi

01 Feb 2017

Nice tone from today :)

dimi

03 Feb 2017

New one from today's session :) Long sustained notes and deep tone!

jfrichards

06 Feb 2017

Very nice guitar setup from Redster:
viewtopic.php?f=8&p=308084#p308084

pedrocaetanos

07 Feb 2017

dimi wrote:...
Dimi, thanks a lot for your ongoing gifts :puf_smile:
In these demos of yours, you vary a lot what pickups you use and SC/HB mode? or you have a typical preference?
It would be nice to now what pickups were used in the demos.
And... do you take requests for known guitar player sounds? ;)
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

jfrichards

07 Feb 2017

Quick note for guitarists: you can get a free Boss tuner for an iPhone!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/boss-tu ... 73319?mt=8
So cool.
Attachments
Boss Tuner.png
Boss Tuner.png (134.42 KiB) Viewed 6159 times

moneykube

07 Feb 2017

and for ipad as well... nifty

dimi

08 Feb 2017

Two more :)

dimi

08 Feb 2017

pedrocaetanos wrote:
dimi wrote:...
Dimi, thanks a lot for your ongoing gifts :puf_smile:
In these demos of yours, you vary a lot what pickups you use and SC/HB mode? or you have a typical preference?
It would be nice to now what pickups were used in the demos.
And... do you take requests for known guitar player sounds? ;)
I'm using 3 guitars currently. Its what I own at the moment :)

1. Ibanez RG320Q - Korean made with Stock pickups - humbuckers - 9-42 Elixir strings E tunning - Push pull tone control for coil split.

2. Ibanez RG320 - Indonesian made, again with stock pickups - 11-52 strings - Drop D

3. Unknown brand Gibson Copy with no name pickups - 11-52 strings - different tunnings.

Sadly no strat guitar at the moment. But using my RG3 20Q with coil split and treble bleed high pass filter on the volume, I can get close enough to the Strat sound territory.

Here is One of the ReFills playthrough "The Mirror"

And here is the folder of this refill:

What known guitar player you have in mind ? ;) :D

NekujaK

08 Feb 2017

dimi wrote: What known guitar player you have in mind ? ;) :D
Thank you for creating these amazing patches and helping to support us Reason guitarists. I have a few famous guitar sounds that I'd love emulated in Reason:
  • 1. Jimi Hendrix solo guitar in "All Along The Watchtower"
    2. The Cure solo guitar in "Just Like Heaven"
    3. The Cure intro guitar in "Friday I'm In Love"
    4. Beatles solo guitar in "Taxman"
    5. Beatles solo guitar in "Act Naturally"
    6. Smashing Pumpkins clean and dirty guitars in "Bullet With Butterfly Wings"
    7. Rammstein guitars in "Ich Tu Dir Weh" and "Rammstein"
I hope my list isn't too greedy, but a patch for even one of these guitar tones would be awesome!
Thanks again!
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

pedrocaetanos

08 Feb 2017

dimi wrote: I'm using 3 guitars currently. Its what I own at the moment :)
1. Ibanez RG320Q - Korean made with Stock pickups - humbuckers - 9-42 Elixir strings E tunning - Push pull tone control for coil split.
2. Ibanez RG320 - Indonesian made, again with stock pickups - 11-52 strings - Drop D
3. Unknown brand Gibson Copy with no name pickups - 11-52 strings - different tunnings.
Sadly no strat guitar at the moment. But using my RG3 20Q with coil split and treble bleed high pass filter on the volume, I can get close enough to the Strat sound territory.
Thanks for the info on your guitar gear, always interesting to know more on that topic :)
But that wasn't exactly what I had in mind.
Each guitar player has his fingers and will sound different, so when someone grabs one of your presets it will never sound exactly the same. The guitar will be different, etc, etc. One ends up asking "how do I put this sounding to what I heard?". Knowing what pickup combination to choose would be a great jump-start to save in getting there (saving time is the great advantage of presets)
What I meant is, what specific pickup did you use for the Leppard sound, for example? Neck PU?, Bridge PU? Combination? HB or SC mode (coil split)? Considering you have a little collection I would also have to ask the guitar. :puf_smile:
It would be great if you always specified these details with each preset/sound you "publish".
dimi wrote:What known guitar player you have in mind ? ;) :D
:)

Actually more than one, and after thinking more about it I also remembered not so well known ones... my list could grow a lot, so I made an effort to just stop here. Just pick the ones that appeal the most to you! ;)

1)
I bet many people here knows Edgar Froese, but guitar player will not be the first thing coming to mind.
However, he always loved to add electric guitar to Tangerine Dream sound.
In Underwater Sunlight he achieved what I consider his best guitar sound ever:

2)
Never appearing best guitar players top list, the truth is that Mike Oldfield is one the best guitar players, and the perhaps the one with the most peculiar sound.
Although he uses many different sounds, he has a recurrent, recognizable but very peculiar trademark sound.
As always, fingers have a big part in it, and his vibrato is unusual, but his sound cosntruction is also unique, making the distortion by getting from overloading a mixing console channel input (Helios or Neve), tape recorder inputs,
compressing after the distortion, etc. Actually, from mid 70s into mid 80s it was never clear how he achieved his sound.

(altough a Strat is seen in the 2nd video I think it's only for the looks, as I believe he uses a Gibson SG for this sound, as seen in the 1st video. He uses Strats for sounds like in the more known "Moonlight Shadow")
Between 1985 and 1987 the modern version of his trademark sound was born:

I believe this slightly different sound came when he started using a Mesa Boogie.
(in even later phases, he also used extensively a Roland GP-8 and a Boss GT-5)

3)
Carlos Santana is a undisputed master, with a a strong trademark sound.
I still find this oldie to be his best sound:

This less smoky variation is also great:

4)
No words really needed to describe David Gilmour.
A master in getting "tone", he always focused much more in being highly musical, than in showing off his expertise.
The difficulty lies in choosing just a few sounds as he has many! :)
For my personal taste, this (may be) his best solo sound:

Second best (?):

Ths is one harder, mostly is due to his fingers:

Great sfx:

5)
It was not only Trevor Horn that changed Yes from the 70s sound into the 80s sound.
Trevor Rabin guitar was also part of it, and he would surely deserve more recognition.
In their most famous hit, his sound is just incredible (more than one sound actually, and of course Trevor Horn also had a big hand):

6)
Less known than he may deserve, I find Duran Duran's Andy Taylor to have a very specific rhythm sound, and a very interesting one.
In Duran Duran first album his guitar blends in the production, making the whole sound more electronic than rock like.

7) An endless list... :)

Thanks!
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Catblack

08 Feb 2017

I love that gritty phased sound that Edgar Froese had. (I'm a huge TD fan up until they started using midi in the early 80s.)

And later era Duran Duran (and so many others) used Nile Rodgers on their albums. So in terms of guitar tone, how about the one from a guitar that has sold a billion dollars worth of albums? (The youtube version of this documentary has the audio muted due to copyright, but here it is on a chinese server.) http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ZQz4mIjykN8 Rodgers discusses the chords he plays and his style in there.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Marco Raaphorst

08 Feb 2017

Mostly what sounds like synths are guitars in this one (using e-bow):

• Information