Neil Peart Drums?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
bpmorton

24 Jun 2015

Anybody got this? How does it compare with RDK? I listened to the demos and it sounded good from what I heard but not much info on how many velocity levels/alt hits/ mic positions there are for each drum or cymbal.

bpmorton

26 Jun 2015

Ok, broke down a bought this refill yesterday.

8 velocity layers on most drums/cymbals
Samples are "stereo mix." no individual outs or dry outs. room mics mixed in with the close ones. I have not used this with any music yet so I'm not sure how it would sit in one of my mixes.
2 dud samples found: Pedal Hi-hat and ghost note snare samples include 60 cycle ground-loop/humming amp noise. not too bad at lower velocity.
6 toms that sound much livelier than the thud sounding toms that are in RDK. Good selection of cymbals, alt hits on cymbals and snare. Bell hits on the crash and China cymbals.

All in all I'm pretty happy with this refill. I guess you could look at the "only mixed outs" thing as getting it professionally mixed and not having to fiddle with it afterward.

got this refill at esoundz.com. They also have the Miroslav orchestral refills and "Allan Parsons Imperial Grand Piano". Might be a well spent $27 for the piano.

• Information