I'm looking for pre-programmed Redrum patterns

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
kylelee

24 Jun 2015

Are there any refills, song files, or combis (redrum patches don't save patterns) with programmed redrum patterns to use? Free or commercial post them here please! thanks everyone.

tibah

24 Jun 2015

I would assume there are, but sometimes they are part of a ReFill also containing more than just drum patterns. So the investment in just those Redrum patterns might be a little unreasonable. ;)

I'm pretty sure you can look for any kind of MIDI grooves as well, as Redrum does respond to the general MIDI drum programming e.g. kick via C1 etc. That said, you are probably faster programming a basic drum pattern yourself, using the step sequencer, than to insert and browse for a MIDI.

JNeffLind

25 Jun 2015

I've been seeing ads for the Looploft's MIDI drums bundle on my facebook. It goes on sale pretty regularly, sometimes as much as 75% off.

Anyone know if this would fit the bill? I.e. do "MIDI Drum loops" work inserted into redrum? It's not a refill, but I believe would be an adequate workaround with a few extra clicks.

kitekrazy

25 Jun 2015

JNeffLind wrote:I've been seeing ads for the Looploft's MIDI drums bundle on my facebook. It goes on sale pretty regularly, sometimes as much as 75% off.

Anyone know if this would fit the bill? I.e. do "MIDI Drum loops" work inserted into redrum? It's not a refill, but I believe would be an adequate workaround with a few extra clicks.
They should work fine.  The files are mapped for GM drums.

submonsterz

25 Jun 2015

JNeffLind wrote:I've been seeing ads for the Looploft's MIDI drums bundle on my facebook. It goes on sale pretty regularly, sometimes as much as 75% off.

redrum is not set up on the general midi note mappings from what I remember you have to move all notes to correct values in the midi clip then drag into redrum track or if they out of the note range of redrum they disappear etc etc etc etc .........

JNeffLind

25 Jun 2015

Does that have redrum patterns? He's asking for patterns, not patches. It has rex files, but says nothing about redrum patterns. The Midi Bundle is 75% off right now by the way at the loop loft. Like I said though, I haven't used it. 

kylelee

26 Jun 2015

thanks everyone so far! Im not looking for redrum patches or samples but rather patterns someone else programmed into a redrum. seems like an overlooked area of patch trading/sharing/selling. redrum patches do not save the patterns so in order to pass patterns along it needs to be saved as a combinator or entire song file. maybe that is why it is low on the radar.

Ostermilk

26 Jun 2015

kylelee wrote:thanks everyone so far! Im not looking for redrum patches or samples but rather patterns someone else programmed into a redrum. seems like an overlooked area of patch trading/sharing/selling. redrum patches do not save the patterns so in order to pass patterns along it needs to be saved as a combinator or entire song file. maybe that is why it is low on the radar.
The reason Harald linked to the XRB refill is because it contains lots of combinators containing Redrum patches c/w patterns, and whilst like you say it's true you cant save the patterns in a Redrum patch if you put one in a combinator and save that the patterns are preserved.

soroc sosta

30 Jun 2015

Over 300 Redrum Patterns For $4!

http://www.reason4tutorial.com/Products.aspx

Awesome tutorials as well! 8-)

eusti

30 Jun 2015

CrunkNationEnt wrote:Over 300 Redrum Patterns For $4!

Mmmh... Sounds interesting... I'm getting this though:
"An error has occurred. Error: Redrum Patterns is currently unavailable."

D.

Ostermilk

30 Jun 2015

eusti wrote:
"An error has occurred. Error: Redrum Patterns is currently unavailable."

D.
It says you have to be registered and logged in first, could that be your problem... ;)

SoulState

30 Jun 2015

Awesome tutorials as well!  8-)
eusti wrote:
"An error has occurred. Error: Redrum Patterns is currently unavailable."

D.
I took a punt on it (not much of a punt - I know), It's only $4.

Yeah some of the patterns could be useful.  Use as is or Pattern-to-track them, add a bit of Regroove for a touch of human.
It wouldn't be difficult programming these rhythms yourself but it would be a good few hours work at least. 
So for the price of packet of popcorn...you can't really go wrong :thumbup:
:reason:

• Information