12 Impact Soundworks ReFills for $99

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!

Theo.M

22 Jun 2015

IKR!

WTF! This used to be I think 299 at nucleus?

This is definitely worth a gamble i think.

Does anyone know if it's limited time? I can't purchase till next friday 3rd July.

joeyluck

22 Jun 2015

Not sure. Saw the post by ISW on Facebook. It is a sponsored post, so not even sure how long it has been up...

Rice

22 Jun 2015

Thanks joey for posting this...this might be too good to pass up

AJTIV

15 Jan 2016

It looks and sounds great. In all fairness, though, the reason that this huge library of samples is on such an insane sale is because many of the new RE's can accomplish the same sounds, perhaps even better.
:reason: :re: :PUF_figure:

eusti

15 Jan 2016

I think this is a great deal! (And I went for it some time back when there were even less refills included...)
I don't think the reason for this kind of sale is that the REs of today can do better, but that they don't offer the refills any more on their regular website, but once in a while still offer these package deals to get a return on their investment...
I guess Hydronexious could do something along the lines of Juggernaut... But Archtop, Shreddage and Shreddage Bass are still pretty sweet in my opinion... First two very useful if you want to use (fake-) guitars for single note melodies... Some of the other stuff was more of a filler for me, but I felt it was definitely worthwhile for me.

D.

eusti

15 Jan 2016

By the way, here's the link for it: http://impactsoundworks.com/products/re ... -bundle-2/

D.

esselfortium

15 Jan 2016

AJTIV wrote:It looks and sounds great. In all fairness, though, the reason that this huge library of samples is on such an insane sale is because many of the new RE's can accomplish the same sounds, perhaps even better.
Which REs have detailed guitar, koto, dombra, etc. sampling with keyswitching? There's definitely a wide opening in the market for more of that sort of thing nowadays with IDT vastly surpassing NN-XT's limitations, but I haven't really seen it happen yet. If it does exist and you can recommend anything, I'm legitimately interested in seeing what I've missed!
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

joeyluck

15 Jan 2016

Nice to have this thread bumped. Interesting—it appears we missed a sale in which you could have them all for $69! As it appears an old ad banner is lingering on the page, yet the 'Buy Now' still lists $99. Great deal either way.

eusti

15 Jan 2016

esselfortium wrote:
AJTIV wrote:It looks and sounds great. In all fairness, though, the reason that this huge library of samples is on such an insane sale is because many of the new RE's can accomplish the same sounds, perhaps even better.
Which REs have detailed guitar, koto, dombra, etc. sampling with keyswitching? There's definitely a wide opening in the market for more of that sort of thing nowadays with IDT vastly surpassing NN-XT's limitations, but I haven't really seen it happen yet. If it does exist and you can recommend anything, I'm legitimately interested in seeing what I've missed!
Shreddage 2 IBZ as a RE? :)

D.

esselfortium

15 Jan 2016

eusti wrote:
esselfortium wrote:
Shreddage 2 IBZ as a RE? :)

D.
zircon mentioned something on KVR in early-to-mid 2015 (if I recall correctly), about wanting to do a Shreddage 2 RE port, but it seems that nothing has come of it yet. Last I asked (several months ago) it was on the backburner. I'd love to see Shreddage 2 and some of their other advanced libraries ported over. Furia Staccato Strings, Bravura Scoring Brass, Stroh Violin, Vocalisa Slavic Choir... mmmm, delicious...
Sarah Mancuso

alex

16 Jan 2016

esselfortium wrote: zircon mentioned something on KVR in early-to-mid 2015 (if I recall correctly), about wanting to do a Shreddage 2 RE port, but it seems that nothing has come of it yet. Last I asked (several months ago) it was on the backburner. I'd love to see Shreddage 2 and some of their other advanced libraries ported over. Furia Staccato Strings, Bravura Scoring Brass, Stroh Violin, Vocalisa Slavic Choir... mmmm, delicious...
Hi,

I wrote them last october asking for more stuff for Reason and here's their reply:
Hi Alessandro. We have plans to convert many of our libraries for Reason very soon. Thanks for the kind words, we're really glad to hear you like our products.

Impact Soundworks Project Director
I hope their plans have not changed since then...

Cheers
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

esselfortium

16 Jan 2016

alex wrote:
esselfortium wrote: zircon mentioned something on KVR in early-to-mid 2015 (if I recall correctly), about wanting to do a Shreddage 2 RE port, but it seems that nothing has come of it yet. Last I asked (several months ago) it was on the backburner. I'd love to see Shreddage 2 and some of their other advanced libraries ported over. Furia Staccato Strings, Bravura Scoring Brass, Stroh Violin, Vocalisa Slavic Choir... mmmm, delicious...
Hi,

I wrote them last october asking for more stuff for Reason and here's their reply:
Hi Alessandro. We have plans to convert many of our libraries for Reason very soon. Thanks for the kind words, we're really glad to hear you like our products.

Impact Soundworks Project Director
I hope their plans have not changed since then...

Cheers
Oh gosh, that's great to hear! I had only seen them mention Shreddage 2 before, so "plans to convert many of our libraries" is quite a major upgrade there.

Not that Shreddage 2 by itself is anything to scoff at, of course, but they have quite a few great-sounding libraries that cover territory we really just don't have in Reason.

"Very soon"... very excited :puf_smile:
Sarah Mancuso

• Information