Have you ever wanted to play on a Prepared Piano?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
ZombieFightsShark

21 Jun 2015

Hey Everybody!

Just want to let everyone know about Prepared, a new prepared piano ReFill from Zombie Fights Shark.

If you don't know what a prepared piano is here's a primer video.

If you know all about it and want to hear what we have in store - here are a few videos of the ReFill in action.

Last thing - here's a Soundcloud playlist showing off all the weird & cool sounds.

The response I got from this forum on my last launch was AMAZING (even when I screwed up part of the launch) so this is on sale for $30 for the next 6 days.

For all you Dads out there - Happy Father's Day!

Thanks,
Chad

EDIT: I just updated the site with velocity/sampling info for anyone who is curious about how many velocity layers and the like.  Here's the same info for you:

Sampling and Velocity
There are two instruments that comprise the heart of Prepared.  There is a prepared piano and a spinet piano.  The prepared piano is sampled with three or four velocity layers per note, with roughly half the keyboard having each individual prepared note sampled.  The spinet piano has the same number of velocity layers but fewer samples across the keyboard.  We avoided any "problem" notes so you wouldn't have to (she's a thirty year old piano - she's got a few problems, but we won't judge).  

Altogether there are over 500 samples between the two instruments.

challism

21 Jun 2015

Just downloaded it and am LOVING this refill!  Great work, as usual, Zombie Fights Shark!!
I highly recommend this refill to anyone who is into bizarre, ambient sounds and percussion. Check out their demo video... it's really great.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

ZombieFightsShark

21 Jun 2015

Thanks Challis!
challism wrote: Just downloaded it and am LOVING this refill!  Great work, as usual, Zombie Fights Shark!!
I highly recommend this refill to anyone who is into bizarre, ambient sounds and percussion. Check out their demo video... it's really great.

Julibee

21 Jun 2015

I will personally vouch for this one - TONS of fun.  
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

Julibee

22 Jun 2015

OH, for Pete's Sake... BUMP.  
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

ZombieFightsShark

22 Jun 2015

That's one noise this refill has a lot of. Lotsa bumps.
Julibee wrote:OH, for Pete's Sake... BUMP.  

FGL

25 Jun 2015

Congratulations on this, very impressiv work.

ZombieFightsShark

25 Jun 2015

Thanks Frank! This one was a lot of work. Kinder is next.

Gardinski

26 Jun 2015

Wow! I've just bought 'Prepared' about an hour ago, and it is superb - and pretty unique too, as far as I'm aware. I've certainly never encountered any other refill which covers this territory.  I LOVE the Kong kits. Perfect for that strange, off-kilter, Tom Waitsy quality. It's like an explosion in a madman's clockwork laboratory. Wonderful stuff. Well worth the asking price if you're looking for something a little 'unusual'.
I'm off to check out 'Mecanique' now before I regain my sanity.

ZombieFightsShark

26 Jun 2015

Thanks Gardinkski!  I never even thought about the Waits-like qualities this ReFill has, but you hit the nail right on the head. Mécanique would actually be an excellent companion, in regards to being full of off-kilter patches with a unique quality to them.  Wish I could say that was a marketing decision, but it's just a happy accident.

Can't wait to hear what you create.  Be sure to hit me up on SoundCloud whenever you post something.
Wow! I've just bought 'Prepared' about an hour ago, and it is superb - and pretty unique too, as far as I'm aware. I've certainly never encountered any other refill which covers this territory.  I LOVE the Kong kits. Perfect for that strange, off-kilter, Tom Waitsy quality. It's like an explosion in a madman's clockwork laboratory. Wonderful stuff. Well worth the asking price if you're looking for something a little 'unusual'.
I'm off to check out 'Mecanique' now before I regain my sanity.

Gardinski

26 Jun 2015

Mécanique would actually be an excellent companion, in regards to being full of off-kilter patches with a unique quality to them.
Yes, I've been playing with Mecanique for the past hour or so and having a whale of a time! Lots of interesting whirring and clicking percussive sounds (in addition to the beautiful/quirky music box samples). I'm very impressed. Everything feels very organic and 'playable', to the extent that I almost forgot I was playing via a computer. It's strange how a really good sound source can create that effect - almost as if the keys of the controller keyboard take on a sort of real-world solidity under your fingers.
I'm really glad I've stumbled across your work, and I look forward to seeing whatever else you have in the pipeline.

ZombieFightsShark

26 Jun 2015

Everything feels very organic and 'playable', to the extent that I almost forgot I was playing via a computer. It's strange how a really good sound source can create that effect - almost as if the keys of the controller keyboard take on a sort of real-world solidity under your fingers.
Man, that makes me feel great.  I've had the same thing a few times and it's always a magical (for lack of a better term) experience. 

Exowildebeest

26 Jun 2015

Got it. It's awesome. Love the Aphex references.

ZombieFightsShark

26 Jun 2015

Thanks. Felt like I had to make some mention of RDJ since his prepared piano works are the only thing many people know of in regards to PP in general.

• Information