best orchestral refill ?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
User avatar
ahs
Posts: 382
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jun 2015

best orchestral refill


User avatar
JNeffLind
Posts: 977
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: So. Illinois, USA

Post 18 Jun 2015

joeyluck wrote:Miroslav Gold
I know he said refill, but should Project SAM get a nod? Any word on the bug fixes yet?


kitekrazy
Posts: 975
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 19 Jun 2015

joeyluck wrote:Miroslav Gold
JNeffLind wrote:
I know he said refill, but should Project SAM get a nod? Any word on the bug fixes yet?
 No. Miroslav has a lot more. 

User avatar
MAL9000
Posts: 36
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 22 Jun 2015

Just got the ChambRe REFILL. Fantastic stuff,



User avatar
Theo.M
Posts: 1006
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 22 Jun 2015

MAL9000 wrote:Just got the ChambRe REFILL. Fantastic stuff,

Hmm i wish in some of these refills at the shop they had demo banks.. that one only has three stars so i didn't want to risk 55 on it.. I know i know, it's all subjective, but i find with refills i have bought, I have agreed with quite a few of the ratings, much more than the RE ratings where I only agree with about 10% of them LOL.

Anyway a couple questions since you bought it.. any solo strings at ALL?

I am a bit perplexed about the availability, or lack thereof, of solo orchestral instruments for Reason in general.. All the strings I have so far are ensembles, except for miroslav which has some solo sections but afaik that's the only one, and I am not huge on the solo instruments in it unfortunately. What i am really looking for is some solid solo brass and strings, so for strings at least, does chambre have any?

User avatar
MAL9000
Posts: 36
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 22 Jun 2015

No its a String Refill so no brass. Wonder if the guys would be willing to do a brass refill. Could be they are already. Who knows.

BUT

You can grab Chambre slightly cheaper here?
http://rexsamples.com/store/product/cha ... or-strings



User avatar
Theo.M
Posts: 1006
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 22 Jun 2015

MAL9000 wrote:No its a String Refill so no brass. Wonder if the guys would be willing to do a brass refill. Could be they are already. Who knows.

BUT

You can grab Chambre slightly cheaper here?
http://rexsamples.com/store/product/cha ... or-strings

I understand that, i was going on a tangent re orchestral stuff in general, but the question i asked about chambre was if it had solo strings.. Can you check, please :)

User avatar
Theo.M
Posts: 1006
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 22 Jun 2015

Wow thanks for the detailed response - I can't wait till Friday :)
This is now on the top of my list - solo strings - yes!

Also sorry about what's happening with your ratings :frown:

Also very very excited to read about the brass.. this is all good news!

I guess i do have one more questions.. have you managed to program any keyswitches in any of the patches?

User avatar
Exowildebeest
Posts: 1548
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 22 Jun 2015

Softphonics wrote:
Firstly, As we previously said here on another thread, an unnamed rival was buying and marking down our products in the Propellerhead store. This is a known issue, Propellerhead know about it but refuse to address the score left as policy.
 
Whoa, intrigue! *ironic suspenseful strings*

User avatar
darkmode
Posts: 178
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 22 Jun 2015

+1 for Mirolsav. It's still the only real choice for full orchestral stuff in Reason at the moment and yet it still requires layering with the other ReFills mentioned above to get certain elements up to a good standard.  But reading the above posts....I have my fingers crossed for the future!
 
 I've just made the jump to Reaper and Kontakt and I am in the process of learning all of that properly. I really hope that the orchestral side of Reason steps up soon. It's still my favorite DAW and I don't want to leave it behind or just tucked away for occasional use!

User avatar
darkmode
Posts: 178
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 22 Jun 2015

darkmode wrote:+1 for Mirolsav. It's still the only real choice for full orchestral stuff in Reason at the moment and yet it still requires layering with the other ReFills mentioned above to get certain elements up to a good standard.  But reading the above posts....I have my fingers crossed for the future!
 
 I've just made the jump to Reaper and Kontakt and I am in the process of learning all of that properly. I really hope that the orchestral side of Reason steps up soon. It's still my favorite DAW and I don't want to leave it behind or just tucked away for occasional use!
Softphonics wrote:
Have you tried Chambre for strings?

Yes. I have bought it and I am very impressed. Well worth the price and thank you for your hard work.

 The main issue I have in Reason is realistic brass/horns. I find that I have to do quite a bit of layering to get it close to what I want but I am rarely happy with the result.  I note that this may well be your next area, I'm looking forward to it!
 
 However, I still find that Miroslav is, at the moment, the only all-in-one set of Refills for full ochestral score work. One issue I have with Miroslav though is the fact that some of the samples are pre-panned. Most of the time this isn't a major problem as I tend to use 'classic' orchestra placement anyway but it would be nice to be able to choose for myself sometimes.

Cheers guys, looking forward to your future work!

User avatar
ivar
Posts: 54
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 22 Jun 2015

hi
i bought your stuff (ReXpandRe, Rockenbackre and ChambRe) a few days ago, because of the special price and the videos. it was a good decision. the refills are done very well !!! - but it would be much better if you give people some patches to test before they buy. you dont make something wrong theo, when you get the stuff.
best regards
ivar

Softphonics wrote: Theo.
Let me address some of your questions about ChambRe

--
Regarding Refill demos

We try to offer 1 or 2 videos and sound examples as well as song files for each refill as this is within what we are allowed to do since the newer propshop came into being



User avatar
JNeffLind
Posts: 977
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: So. Illinois, USA

Post 22 Jun 2015

Softphonics wrote: Another Refill that hits the stores in the next few weeks is the biggest monster we've made to date ApeX KompoZre
And when you get ApeX KompoZre you also get our own Piano called The IvoRe 


They come hand in hand, We decided to build our own piano as any of the current pianos did not fit what we were after.
Mainly aimed at people who write scores or just love being different.

ApeX KompoZre - The concept


Take a beautiful grand piano, and sit a load of machines on top. Steam powered iron cogs and funny little moving parts.. Then while each key's corresponding hammer wire is triggered it also triggers a section of the weirdness,
A demo of it being played is here - http://www.softphonics.com/kompozre-fea ... 4589009182

I will fill you all in closer to the release.
Looks cool. Thanks for sharing. Bonus piano also? Will this be available when you put the Rockenbackre back on sale?


User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9833
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 Jun 2015

Softphonics wrote:
joeyluck wrote:Softphonics, have you thought of doing a RE via the IDT?
Softphonics wrote:

Hi Joey

Think we answered that for you a couple of weeks ago here...
But in short.. NO   .. IDT is a joke


Ohh I think I remember now. Must be mixing up developers in my head. I bug all developers about using IDT.

But isn't IDT capable of scripting everything possible in NNXT plus more? Not to mention it gives the user the ability to trial the RE and probably also helps garner a higher pool of ratings...

I find it odd someone who is so against unfair or supposedly unjustified criticism in shop ratings would be so quick to call something that is certainly at least 4 stars, a 'joke' ;)

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9833
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 Jun 2015

Softphonics wrote:Joey get the context right, 
IDT's that are in the shop are not a Joke, The model "IDT" is a joke.

You are looking at it from a consumer point of view... Climb down off your horse for a minute..

Your comments are typical of someone who has no idea what they are talking about. It is that type of misinterpretation that will drag this whole thing down. Maybe you like being a trouble maker.

I said it before and Ill say it again.

To make an good IDT you need to build a RE and then a refill essentially.
So the workload is huge and PH take half (50%) of all sales 
whereas if you build an RE which has no samples inside PH only take 30%

So much more work for much less reward? Make sense? 
It is ok for bedroom coders though, And that is all we are seeing. 
I'm not trying to be a trouble maker. You're the one calling the IDT a joke. And I had the context correct—I was referring to the IDT specifically. It is a product by Propellerhead and I certainly don't see it as a joke. Sample-based REs can be made without the IDT... Propellerhead takes a larger cut in order to maintain, further develop, and support the IDT devs.  

I AM looking at it from a consumer point of view because I am a consumer and you seem to have an issue with the way your products are perceived by consumers. I was just pointing out that users can try REs and that opens up a larger pool of ratings. I am very familiar with the IDT as I have conversed with many devs about it and I actually am registered as a developer and have been looking into it myself.

But you are free to call the IDT a joke just the same as someone is free to rate your ReFills at 1 star. Upset that Propellerhead takes a 50% cut of a RE made via IDT? Sounds pretty similar to a user rating a RE based on price. There's a couple things on the surface that you don't like and you are quick to call it a 'joke.' That makes you a hypocrite in the critic world.

And now ProjectSAM and Soundiron are bedroom coders? Wow.

User avatar
JNeffLind
Posts: 977
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: So. Illinois, USA

Post 23 Jun 2015

Be nice guys. Being snarky in a public forum isn't a good look. Maybe take your argument to PM? Hijacking threads with bickering isn't the coolest thing to do, and trust me, I should know, I'm the coolest kid in school!!!

8-)

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9833
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 23 Jun 2015

Softphonics wrote: Ah Joey, If you only knew.... Your naivety is cute though.


OF course anyone can register as a dev.. None of that is relative here.  

I wont even entertain your trolling.. It is clear we are on two different pages.


I am not trolling. I started with a basic question and received attacks in response.

And until you create an IDT RE, you and I are on the same level in that regard. So it's you that can step off the horse.

But I think this just goes to show folks your true colors.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests