Rockenbackre Pre-Release special & Flash sale

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
geronimo

16 Jun 2015

No sound ?

normen

16 Jun 2015

Yeah, like "Bomber" or "Ace of Spades" ;)

SoulState

16 Jun 2015

Just deleted my post.  Thought it would be better if people heard the demos via your site; where they can pick up all the Refill info too! ;)
:reason:

decibel

17 Jun 2015

got the email this morning, very curious about rockenbackre ? better check out the samples i guess ;)

*ouch, just realised its for reason 8 users only ;(

decibel

17 Jun 2015

? what percentage of the whole refill is only playable on R8 ? i'm guessing that R7 users could probably get some use out of it at least ?

or is "Bass PlayRe" the key to using it and is that what makes it R8 friendly only ?

decibel

17 Jun 2015

ahhh, i see now, that makes total sense, thanks for clarifying that for me ;) i grabbed chambre recently and was thinking this might be next etc ;) i might have to come back after i upgrade sometime down the line though, with any luck there might be another sale by that time yeah ;)

Yonatan

18 Jun 2015

What does this offer if already having the reason bass refill? Just like drums, its always nice with more bass, but as one cannot try out before buying, I need some more info on why I need this Refill and for which producers this is mainly aimed at, is it more towards rock style or could it be useful for other styles too?

Yonatan

18 Jun 2015

I am not questioning the fact that developers and producers bring new sounds and instruments. I am glad for every new refill. The demos sounds nice (but I cannot find any raw sounds) and I like that you use the new softube amps in the combinators. Am just trying to look into what I´ve already got in the library. It is ok for me if you are bias, as you are the one who made it and selling it. 
But it is always different to listen to sample demo and to work with them inside of Reason.
So I just want to hear every opinion until I decide to wait another year.  

To be more specific in my question, is there a way to explain a bit more this statement about how this "Bass PlayRe" works and what I can do with it? Is it almost like a A-list guitar kind of pushing one note on the midi-keyboard shifting different phrases for quick songwriting progression?

"The refill also contains the 'Bass PlayRe'
This is a series of combinator patches which have real live bass grooves pre recorded. All you need to do is select the notes and pattern to suit your track.
With the Instruments there is a variation you can choose on each pre hyper sampled bass instrument via the amp settings etc, which helps you get the tone and feel you desire for free playing your riff on your midi keyboard."

geronimo

18 Jun 2015

Softphonics wrote:This is a special pre-release at half price for ReasonTalk users.
I find this is given, at this price: it's a No-brainer deal and I don't hesitate .
The "Come to Daddy" Combinator file is monstruous . Behind it difficult to string another patch.

A small note: with a real Rickenbacker 4001 is forgotten with the E string the bass frequencies; this is one of its weak points for the real instrument .

Yonatan

19 Jun 2015

"A small note: with a real Rickenbacker 4001 is forgotten with the E string the bass frequencies; this is one of its weak points for the real instrument."

What do you mean with this?

Theo.M

22 Jun 2015

Is there any chance i could convince you to re do another 24 hr flash sale for all of is that might have missed it? (only due to not seeing the topic and not being on your email list but i can't find a way to sign up on your site anyway).

I know it's asking a lot, but these flash 2 days sales are really hard for everyone to get a shot at especially at unexpected out of the blue times.

it would be really cool for a "round 2" as there's definitely a few I am interested in and I am sure others here would be too!

Hey no sweat either way, i just posted it for your consideration - all the best, keep making cool refills!

Theo.M

22 Jun 2015

Softphonics wrote:
Theo.M wrote:Is there any chance i could convince you to re do another 24 hr flash sale for all of is that might have missed it? (only due to not seeing the topic and not being on your email list but i can't find a way to sign up on your site anyway).

I know it's asking a lot, but these flash 2 days sales are really hard for everyone to get a shot at especially at unexpected out of the blue times.

it would be really cool for a "round 2" as there's definitely a few I am interested in and I am sure others here would be too!

Hey no sweat either way, i just posted it for your consideration - all the best, keep making cool refills!

Softphonics wrote:

Hey Theo,

You are not the first person to ask this question today!. It seems a lot of people who wanted to avail of the sale (Who are paid monthly) missed out. 
So we have decided to re-run the sale from this Friday 26th to Mon 29th June, to cover all these peoples requests.

I hope this will help you out too!

Best Regards

The Team 
Softphonics
that's wonderful news thank you! I get my pension Friday too so it's the perfect day :)

• Information