Subtractor and Malmstrom refills

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
mozaic36

25 May 2015

I see a lot of high quality refill patches for Thor and the newer RE Synths, but are there any patch specific refills that focus on Subtractor and Malmstrom?

tibah

25 May 2015

Those seems like a good deal - http://www.sonic-elements.com/main-esse ... undle.html

Other than that, you should get eXode's Massive Synthesis ReFill. There are some good free ReFills that cover Sub/Mal too - https://www.propellerheads.se/download/ ... lType=Free

(Some nostalgia to see this site in the old layout ;) )

mozaic36

25 May 2015

Thanks, I've seen those sonic elements refills...  The subtractor one gets a decent review, but the Malstrom gets only a 3.0

Definite Nostalgia over the old website!  I do like what they have done with the new one though.

Ostermilk

26 May 2015

What I like about the Sonic Elements Subtractor Essentials refill is that the patches are great ballpark references that are ripe for further tweaking.  It really showcases the functionality of the synth in a way that gives you the basis to take it anywhere you want to go.  So while you might or might not be blown away by the patches themselves look at it as a great foundation for mastering the Subtractor yourself.

It seems like it's been really well thought out toward that end.

I've not tried the Malstrom one but if it follows the same brief then I'd say it would be a great bundle to go for if that's what you are after.

I'm not naturally a synth guy but the Subtractor Essentials one is like a crash course that's given me the ability to get far more than a farty beep out of thing which is all I could manage before I got it.

mozaic36

26 May 2015

Thanks for that input Ostermilk.  That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.  I've gotten to the point where I have a decent knowledge of synth programming, but it slows down my workflow.  Having something almost done, where I can add on and make it my own is perfect.  From what they say, they spent a decent amount of time on the mod wheel parameters too.

bitley

27 May 2015

Aside from its other qualities, Way Beyond Fairlight also has a very rich palette of Thor, Subtractor and Malström patches. :-) It's also temporarily on a very low price so nobody should hesitate getting it.

• Information