Euclid Kong Front8 combi patch

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
challism

26 Mar 2015

This is a great little combi unit I use a lot.  It uses Euclid and Front8, so if you have those REs, you can use this.  It's a great way to try out some different pattern combinations.
Attachments
ekf.jpg
ekf.jpg (234.57 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2015

Thanks for sharing , i'll definitely give this combination a try.

dvdrtldg

06 Apr 2015

Huh? When I click on the download link, I get directed to the ReasonTalk login page. When I enter my login details, the page just keeps coming back up as though nothing had happened.

challism

07 Apr 2015

That is bizarre.  I have no idea why you are getting that error.  It's not happening to me.  When I click the link, my browser's download window pops up. 

Attachments
dl.jpg
dl.jpg (171.73 KiB) Viewed 1662 times

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2015

I am running Chrome on Windows and can confirm the download is working for me too. 

Sorry I cannot offer any suggestions why it's not working . Sometimes when I have experienced  difficulties accessing a particular download I found changing over to another browser has solved the problem. If you have not tried this perhaps it's worth giving it a shot?

challism

07 Apr 2015

I'm using Firefox and Windows 8... working.
Maybe try logging out.  Clear your cookies, then logging back in.  Just throwing an idea out there.  Or try restarting your computer?

Or I could email you the file.  Of course, this problem is much bigger than my stupid little combi patch, if you aren't able to d/l from this site.  :frown:   That ain't good

eusti

07 Apr 2015

Makes me want to get Front8 now! ;)

D.

challism

07 Apr 2015

Front-8 is badass.  I use it all the time.  The best part about it, is it is automatable.  So you can run this pattern of Euclid for 2 bars, then switch it up to another one.  It also works great for the new Step Recorder by Robot Bean.  Or try doing the same thing with an LFO connecting CV... running this LFO for 2 bars, then that LFO for two bars.  Front-8 makes CV experimentation easy and fast.  For $15, I think Front-8 is a great deal.

eusti

07 Apr 2015

I beta tested Front-8 and really liked it...
I have this fear that I might get totally lost in CV land and not get anything sensible done anymore! :P

D.

eusti

07 Apr 2015

Ok. I finally got Front-8 and tested this combinator: I like it!
Though it might be worthwhile to note that you need the Looploft Art of Brushes Refill to make this work comfortably...
I have the rex files, but it took me a bit to find the rex loops to make Kong sound sensibly...
What I don't really understand is the Kick and Snare slots on the top of the Front-8...
Are those to make a sensible (traditional) rhythm?

Will play with this some more! Thanks for this... Quite inspirational I have to say!
Works well with my cold infested brain today! :P

D.

challism

07 Apr 2015

Oh, i forgot I had the Art of Brushes loaded on that Kong.  I should used samples from the soundbank... sorry about that guys!

All the input slots at the top of Front8 are just the titles of the Euclid patterns.  I loaded one pattern of each, up to 8.  So if you don't like, say the bossanova pattern, you can swap it out with samba (for example).  This combi is just a way to test many of the different rhythms Euclid has to offer on different drum samples.  Feel free to change them up to your own tastes.
Enjoy!!

eusti

07 Apr 2015

challism wrote: Oh, i forgot I had the Art of Brushes loaded on that Kong.  I should used samples from the soundbank... sorry about that guys!

All the input slots at the top of Front8 are just the titles of the Euclid patterns.  I loaded one pattern of each, up to 8.  So if you don't like, say the bossanova pattern, you can swap it out with samba (for example).  This combi is just a way to test many of the different rhythms Euclid has to offer on different drum samples.  Feel free to change them up to your own tastes.
Enjoy!!
Thanks for explaining! I appreciate it!
And am already heavy into modifying it for my own needs!
But it's a lovely idea!! Appreciated!

D.

challism

08 Apr 2015

The new RE coming out from Robotic Bean (Select CV Switch) will be a handy thing to add to this mess, too!  I have the Select CV Switch, and it's really useful.
Talk about getting lost in CV land!!!!  Oh boy.... here we go!

eusti

08 Apr 2015

challism wrote: The new RE coming out from Robotic Bean (Select CV Switch) will be a handy thing to add to this mess, too!  I have the Select CV Switch, and it's really useful.
Talk about getting lost in CV land!!!!  Oh boy.... here we go!
I have my eye on those two as well! Hope they'll drop soon and are affordable!

D.

challism

08 Apr 2015

The Select CV Switch is a great solution to REs inability to have patterns.  Smart move by Robotic Bean (yet again).

I noticed you posted the video for it in another thread, eusti.... here it is again for those who may have missed it.  Can you imagine using this Switch WITH Front8?   options, options options!  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAnj6OcVBZc

dvdrtldg

09 Apr 2015

challism wrote: I'm using Firefox and Windows 8... working.
Maybe try logging out.  Clear your cookies, then logging back in.  Just throwing an idea out there.  Or try restarting your computer?

Or I could email you the file.  Of course, this problem is much bigger than my stupid little combi patch, if you aren't able to d/l from this site.  :frown:   That ain't good
It's happening in Chrome, Firefox and Safari - the link just takes me to http://www.reasontalk.com/file?id=2259391 

I'll try it on my PC at work tomorrow - weird huh?

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2015

i am hoping the original poster won't object to this, but if you like I could send it through email , as a last resort.

Are you unsuccessful with all the other various download links people have kindly shared here, or is this one an exception ?

dvdrtldg

09 Apr 2015

Are you unsuccessful with all the other various download links people have kindly shared here, or is this one an exception ?

No it's just happening with this one.

I'm now on my PC at work, and the link just directed me to the ReasonTalk login page, but when I logged in, the download went ahead.

Curiouser and curiouser. Anyway, I've got the combi at last! thanks guys, looking forward to playing with it

challism

16 Apr 2015

Glad you got it.  I hope it was worth all the hassle.  :)

• Information