Omnisphere's Glorious Guitars Patch

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Melody303

22 Mar 2015

I was at a friend's studio, and he was showing off Omnisphere, but to be honest, I was far less impressed than I thought I'd be based on the stuff I've heard on the NAMM demo of the next version of it... except there was one patch which was exceptional both in sound and playability, in my opinion, and that was the Glorious Guitars patch designed by Scott Frankfurt.

So I was wondering if anyone here who ever got to play with it can somehow remake it in Reason.

The basic tone of the sound is a mix of a bowed acoustic guitar and fingerstyle guitar playing, and it has a gorgeous tone, wrapped in thick reverb, but the thing that really makes it wonderful to play with is that playing at higher velocities triggers unique samples (for each note) such as quick arpeggios, hammer ons, and pull offs (among others I don't know the name for).
Here's a video example (not mine): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS7LMwSEvHA

Anyone wanna take a shot at it? Has anyone tried before?  :)
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

Benedict
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2015

I am tempted by Omnisphere 2 probably more than any other VST. Some of the sounds I hear on videos like this seem so playable. Reason does seem to have a gap in the area of sample/instruments like that. Also O2 looks to have some cool features. Now with MIDI Out that should be possible to play alongside Reason.

Seeing there is no downloadable demo it is only possible to play in a store or over a mate's place.

:)

BTW, why are you always tied up in ropes?
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

submonsterz

22 Mar 2015

Benedict wrote:I am tempted by Omnisphere 2 probably more than any other VST. Some of the sounds I hear on videos like this seem so playable. Reason does seem to have a gap in the area of sample/instruments like that. Also O2 looks to have some cool features. Now with MIDI Out that should be possible to play alongside Reason.

Seeing there is no downloadable demo it is only possible to play in a store or over a mate's place.

:)

BTW, why are you always tied up in ropes?
maybe a quick look at her bandcamp and looking at her profile here, might explain why she likes being tied up in ropes ;) :P .
rope bondage normally lends itself to the liking in being tied up in errmm yeah rope 8-) .

Melody303

22 Mar 2015

Benedict wrote:BTW, why are you always tied up in ropes?
As submonsterz said, because I like it. :P
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.

QVprod

22 Mar 2015

The patch it self probably wouldn't be hard to emulate. The issue would be the samples themselves. If you had access to  the samples then a combi could easily be put together. Some might crucify me for this, but I've yet to hear anything from Omnisphere that would make me want it. A good portion (not all of course) of it's capabilities can be done in Reason.

Melody303

23 Mar 2015

So is anyone here familiar with a good refill (or sample pack in a format that's usable in Reason) for samples like this, from which an awesome combi could be made? :)

mcatalao
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2015

Seriously not even a bit impressed.... 

Just get guitar Scapes from Nucleus Soundlab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awOHyo6c23I

reason.fan

07 Apr 2015

Hye
I 've Omnisphere, this is "THE vsti".
i've listened to the previous video, sorry but we 're very far away from the noise of Omni !
but it's an idea to try to sample it ;-)

joeyluck

07 Apr 2015

That demo makes it sound more like a dulcimer (on my phone anyways). The world booster pack has some beautiful patches.

• Information