Thinking about reason drums 2.0/prices?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
gak

14 Mar 2015

http://www.proaudiostar.com/propellerhe ... l-2-0.html

But then there is this:

http://www.amazon.com/PROPELLERHEAD-Rea ... B000CR3E7C

I read somewhere that they sell the "replacement" disks and am trying to figure out if they are that or the full version. Any thoughts?

Shugga

15 Mar 2015

I am almost positive that they are the full discs.  I paid 99.00 for mine a long time ago and it was an awesome investment.  Also check out the Alt Drums and Groove Bias drums, just make sure you have at least 8 gig of ram though.
What is that smell?

gak

15 Mar 2015

Thanks.

The 19 buck thing is disgustingly cheap but I also saw this:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ement-dvd/

So unfortunately I'll need to confirm if it's the full version. Oddly, I found out about the 49.95 price because that is what amazon has listed as the supplier  :crazy:

eusti

15 Mar 2015

I bought the Reason Piano refill from Pro Audio Star and it was the full version.
That of course doesn't mean that this one is too, but Pro Audio Star actually have a real office here in Brooklyn...
You could call about it if you wanted...

D.

gak

15 Mar 2015

30 bucks is 30 bucks, but I really think if it sounds to good to be true, it is. 19 bucks is ridiculously low and considering PAS has it listed at 49 I think I'll give them a shout through email and see what they have to say. 

49 + free shipping = win in my book.

gak

18 Mar 2015

I couldn't really get a straight answer about the 19 buck amazon deal, so I went with the 49.95 deal which was confirmed to be the full version. 

Happy with that price (especially considering that props want 129 for the download version and I play a pretty mean bass......not wanting the combo/bass/reason drums. )

JNeffLind

18 Mar 2015

My understanding is that "replacement" disks are for people who already paid full price in the past but lost their discs but can prove they own a license via credit card receipt or warranty or whatever else. 

In other words, if you bought the replacement disk and installed it, you might not be able to run it without having a license number to input, even though it was a complete replacement. 

gak

18 Mar 2015

@Joey: Well, I already bought it through the website but thank for pointing that out for next time!

@JNeffLind: that's why I don't trust the 19 buck ones from amazon. I couldn't get a clear answer.

I mean, 30 bucks is 30 bucks but 49 is pretty much a steal anyways.

gak

26 Mar 2015

It's finally here (but shipping was free so no big)

Seems nice. Really deep, I think it will take me some time to get used to it and the kit pieces :oops:  

But works nice, will be a lovely addition for when I want something with a little extra.

gak

29 May 2015

UPDATE (if anyone cares :rofl: )

This is absolutely terrific. So worth 50 bucks. Some of the hats are a little "crunchy" and require some surgical love, but still. 

But I've never had to register with props. How do you even do that? I mean, I just installed it a used it.  :?  Are there updates?

??

Arsenic

30 May 2015

If you go to this page:

https://www.propellerheads.se/products/refills/rdk/

Near the bottom is the link to the Vintage Mono patches - an additional set of patches for RDK2. It appears that you need to register RDK2 before you can download.
To register, just go to your products page and click on the "Register New Product" button. Select ReFills and then Reason Drum Kits 2.0 from the drop-down menu. Then register using the license number that should have been supplied withyour copy of RDK2.

Then just drop it into the same folder as RDK2 - The patches use the RDK2 samples and should find them automatically.

• Information