In Praise of Jiggery Pokery

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
BillyKodak

03 Mar 2015

Having purchased all three of JP's organs, and now the Blue Meanie refill, I've concluded that this company offers incredible quality. The organs are so much fun, so full of character and vibe, and so prodigiously usable. Not to mention generously stocked in terms of presets. The Blue Meanie refill is beautifully designed and, again, built for frequent use. JP's prices are also very fair indeed. Occasionally, I've felt a bit ripped off by certain REs and refills, but JP, as far as I'm concerned, offers the best bang for the buck of any developer.

Don't mean to gush, but my new project has been completely transformed by JP's organs. Oo, matron. ;-)

Cheers,

Kodak

raymondh

03 Mar 2015

I second the praise for JP.

1) Chenille is an awesome chorus unit, extremely usable. I just use presets, and almost always go straight for the insert/Jupiter preset to get a lush sound.

2) Kings of Kong is my GO-TO place for drum kits. Carl @somedesperateglory put me onto this a long time ago, it's a real gem.

3) And for retro-gear-heads, Retrospective is a must have refill. Like having your own synth museum, very high quality sounds.

am0eba

03 Mar 2015

I too love Blue Meanie, and the two electric guitars! Fantastic stuff, JP!

_Dave_

:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

raymondh

03 Mar 2015

am0eba wrote:I too love Blue Meanie, and the two electric guitars! Fantastic stuff, JP!

_Dave_
Oh good point Dave, yes the stratocaster and telecaster refills are excellent!

Arsenic

04 Mar 2015

I have several of JPs Refills and agree that they are bloody fantastic in terms of quality and content.
Unfortunately I haven't tried his later Rack Extensions yet as I am on a buying hiatus due to long term absence from work, but rest assured, when I have the funds the first thing I will do is get my hands on his organ

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

04 Mar 2015

Thanks, guys.

Always happy to have my organ fiddled with.

miahluvdd

04 Mar 2015

Arsenic wrote:I have several of JPs Refills and agree that they are bloody fantastic in terms of quality and content.
Unfortunately I haven't tried his later Rack Extensions yet as I am on a buying hiatus due to long term absence from work, but rest assured, when I have the funds the first thing I will do is get my hands on his organ
The later REs are the best of the best!!! Chorus is usually a sometimes effect for me but now I want to put it on every thing!!

am0eba

04 Mar 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:Thanks, guys.

Always happy to have my organ fiddled with.
SOMEBODY had to say it...

_Dave_

:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

• Information