Reason Refills SSL upgrade?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
pushedbutton

21 Feb 2015

Has anyone re-engineered the Reason Drum Kit Refill to make use of the SSL mixer?
I've found myself doing this a few times so I wish I'd just saved it as a template file. Is anyone out there that has already done this?
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

tibah

21 Feb 2015

Hm.

From what I can tell, this would need to be done as a Reason project file, with various channels applied to the SSL, which you could then copy and paste into new projects. Not sure if that's an interesting concept for a ReFill per se, but it's kinda rare, if something like that even exists. I know some ReFills have demo songs included to show how e.g. patches can be used.

That said, using EQ/compression from the big mixer in Reason is 1. very personal and 2. needs to fit your song. If you already made a template, it's probably also your best option. :)

gak

21 Feb 2015

I don't have a link, but if you do a search there is someone who did it. It's long and complex. 

cpetersus

23 Feb 2015

This is one of those concepts that beg for "Mixer Groups" that can be saved and opened independent from a song file. Once Props get that concept roled out then this becomes easy and in my opinion the "go to method".
:PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :reason: :recycle: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :refill: :re: Chris Peters -> Richmond, VA Reason 8 - MacMini (2012) i7 2.6 Quad Core w/10G Presonus AudioBox1818 -Alesis QX49 - Akai MPD26 - Presonus Monitor Station 2

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

23 Feb 2015

JB week 13 was the RDK2 templates for the "SSL". (If we're being pedantic, they were for .record).

Now I know what you're going to ask... where is the link to the download...

https://www.propellerheads.se/stuff/JB13.zip

• Information