Hey, I'll try 1.4GB of just about anything for $9.00.........FYI, here's a Multisampled Minimoog by New Atlantis Audio

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
snowcat

08 Feb 2015

Below is the email pitch I received...take it or leave it.......1 day sale (I'm downloading it now.)
(http://dispatch.mu/)

====================

Multisampled Minimoog… Mmmmm.

As someone who creates a lot of heavily layered, fx soaked, and perhaps even... over-designed (yes, I can admit it) virtual instruments, I always have a real appreciation for those who are able to keep things simple… especially when it sounds freakin' amazing! 

I just got my hands on this collection from Juicebox (awesome label name btw) and when I started flipping through the specs, the mad scientist in me was thinking "Straight sampler patches?! Where's all the crazy layered up instrument racks, slathered in fx, and tangled up in virtual cables?!" 

and then I loaded one up, hit a key, and almost passed out.

FAT.

JUICY.

ANALOG.

MINIMOOG.

YUM.

Here's what I love most…

1. Instead of ten bazillion patches to shovel through, you get a nice, tight, very thoughtfully curated set of instruments, representing a surprisingly wide range of the quintessential minimoog characteristics you'd be expecting to hear (and even a few very pleasant surprises). 

2. They sound amazing right out of the box, but if you have a single knob tweaking bone in your body you'll get stuck right in. I was lost in the sauce for hours with these today. Couldn't resist, so you'll get some exclusive NAA bonus patches with this deal too. :)  

3. Would you expect peeps with the name Juicebox to NOT sample the sound of the original analog filter and bake it directly into every sample? Of course not! It's all in here baby, and… 

4. They sampled every damn key. Look… If you're gonna sample a minimoog, sample the damn filters. And if you're gonna sample the filters, sample every damn key.

Bravo, Juicebox. Job well done.

So, they let me offer them to you for the day at some silly price over at Dispatch.mu 

Oh, did I forgot to mention? … Dispatch.mu is back. :)  

Yep, Dispatch is back from a very long winter's nap, and has returned in online magazine form. There, you will find exclusive deals on all kinds of awesome music making stuff. Cool, huh? Loads more coming, so stay tuned! 

The Juicebox mini comes with all 3 versions for Ableton Live, Reason, and Logic Pro X… 

http://dispatch.mu 

Enjoy! 

Talk soon, 

Theo 

New Atlantis Audio by New Atlantis Audio10933 71st New York, NY 10023 USA 
Invent the life you want to live.

craven

08 Feb 2015

I wish there was an audio demo with the 40 patches, but for 9$ this seems to be a steal.
:ugeek:

Julibee

08 Feb 2015

Seriously. I bought it as soon as I got the email last night. NAA Theo is responsible for a lot of my cash disappearing. :)
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

Ayello

08 Feb 2015

is it a good refill ?
are the sounds matching their description ?

joeyluck

08 Feb 2015

And "every damn key..."  Does that mean 44?  Or did they shift octaves and grab more? ;)
This sounds pretty neat, but sooo vague at the same time.  What is meant here by "sampling the filters"?  How is this incorporated?
I still don't know who Juicebox is.  There's no link to them.

eusti

08 Feb 2015

joeyluck wrote:And "every damn key..."  Does that mean 44?  Or did they shift octaves and grab more? ;)
This sounds pretty neat, but sooo vague at the same time.  What is meant here by "sampling the filters"?  How is this incorporated?

Wow! I guess the tide has turned... Before people were harsh on RE-developers...
Now as well on ReFill developers! ;)

D.

Ostermilk

08 Feb 2015

joeyluck wrote:And "every damn key..."  Does that mean 44?  Or did they shift octaves and grab more? ;)
I'm kind of with you on this one Joey.

Is Juicebox the package, the dev, or what?  Are NAA marketing it for someone else, is dispatch.mu a distribution portal arm of NAA's?  The package seems to be available to EU customers via the SendOwl payment processing service yet we hear from NAA that it's impossible for them to sell to the EU due to the new tax regulations, see here.

NAA writes books about this stuff though so what does anyone who's a mere customer know about selling soundware, so perhaps obfuscation is the new customer service these days.  What do I know?

The only thing I can see that's OK about the whole thing though is that it's only $9 so you're hardly going to get burned if you need another 1.4 Gb of synth samples.

NAA are still my goto supplier though whenever I run into a project where I think only the sound of somebody chopping up a melon in a submarine igloo during the autumn will do.

joeyluck

08 Feb 2015

eusti wrote:

Wow! I guess the tide has turned... Before people were harsh on RE-developers...

D.
Haha I'm not being harsh. I'm a fan of NAA. I own almost all of the NAA ReFills.
I'm simply posing questions. I'm confused is all.

Julibee

08 Feb 2015

I found Dispatch on Facebook... Doesn't have a whole lot of postings, but most of the offerings have come from Tom Pritchard, and one from Navi... didn't find anything specifically for "Juicebox" searching for Juicebox Audio/Sound Design... Dunno if it's spearheaded by NAA or what, but I downloaded. NINEDOLLA.

eusti

08 Feb 2015

eusti wrote:

D.
joeyluck wrote:
Haha I'm not being harsh. I'm a fan of NAA. I own almost all of the NAA ReFills.
I'm simply posing questions. I'm confused is all.
Good to know! ;)

D.

craven

08 Feb 2015

Julibee wrote:Seriously. I bought it as soon as I got the email last night. NAA Theo is responsible for a lot of my cash disappearing. :)
indeed, I have almost all his ReFills waiting to be put to good use :)

Ayello

08 Feb 2015

is someone have buyed the refill and can talk about it ?

joeyluck

08 Feb 2015

Ayello wrote:is someone have buyed the refill and can talk about it ?
Yes please. Some audio demo or video would be awesome. If I bought everything just because it was $9, then I would be really broke lol.

Julibee

08 Feb 2015

Sorry guys... No can do at the moment... Spending my day in PC to Mac Migrationland [hurl]

Maybe someone else can? Or... Give me a day or so?

joeyluck

08 Feb 2015

Julibee wrote:Sorry guys... No can do at the moment... Spending my day in PC to Mac Migrationland [hurl] Maybe someone else can? Or... Give me a day or so?
Thanks. Yeah, sale ends in 18 hours or so. Curious if it will still be available after that either via NAA or Juicebox...

Might have to buy it...This is where they getcha lol

craven

08 Feb 2015

well, I just played with it a bit... it's a 300MB ReFill (did not check the Live and Logic versions)
40+ presets for Live and Reason
of the 40 presets, 20 are for NN-XT and sound authentic, the other 20 are the same sounds but come as single samples for NN19. The way it was advertised (40+ presets) is very misleading here. I thought I would get 40 different patches.

For me, the NN19 samples are pretty useless as they often don't loop nicely (just try aggro for instance). It's also annoying to have them in the same folder as it makes browsing with the NN-XT more cumbersome if you don't filter those patches out. Someone forgot to move the patch aggro as you have to load the NN-XT version from the subfolder. Not a biggie, but seems a bit rushed this way.

Soundwise the patches are nice, I would say. A few are quite similar, but with different filtering. However, this is no substitute for a real Moog (emulation). For 9$ it's a nice toy but 40 patches would have been even better :)

NAA added 5 interpretations of the samples, which is a nice way to show what you can do with the material. It really invites to start building some combis. Since everything is based on samples, you won't have any control over the filter, though.

I'm searching for a better hoster to play the very simple sound demo online (what were you using?)

Until then, this might work.

Or Mega

NAA is so cool to offer 60 days money back guarantee, so in the worst case, you'll get you 9$ back. I feel good to support him and the ReFill newcomer, but this package and the advertisement (it's 20 patches) could be even better :)  

Attachments
naa.JPG
naa.JPG (25.89 KiB) Viewed 2481 times

colcifer

08 Feb 2015

Is dispatch back?

craven

08 Feb 2015

colcifer wrote:Is dispatch back?
yes, seems like it!

see OP

Ayello

08 Feb 2015

thank you @craven :)

Ecopro

09 Feb 2015

The sale is probably over by now, but in addition to craven's post, I would like to add:

Attachments
NAA_Minimoog.png
NAA_Minimoog.png (99.53 KiB) Viewed 2417 times
Guts Electronic Mayhem

ksailer

09 Feb 2015

I'm a sucker for sales, so I have most of the NAA stuff - holiday, black friday sales etc.
I bought it and for the $9 it sounds really useable.
Similar sounds, yes - but expected if you consider the theme.
Anyway, for $9 I couldn't sample them myself in this quality (looping sounds quite ok to me).
:reason: :record: :ignition: :recycle: :PUF_balance: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :refillpacker:

Whoopdee

09 Feb 2015

I own all his ReFills and even bought both of his abandoned products, the "Loop Life" book and "The Vault" field recordings. I was even one of the original dispatch.mu customers from when he started that venture too. Kinda feels like a slap in the face to all his existing loyal customers who might have been interested in this new ReFill.

Ecopro

09 Feb 2015

Whoopdee wrote:Kinda feels like a slap in the face to all his existing loyal customers who might have been interested in this new ReFill.
Can you specify why that is? instead of leaving your assumption open to retaliation. Let's try not to instigate.

Thanks
Guts Electronic Mayhem

• Information