converse rubber tracks sample library

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
zakalwe

06 Feb 2015

https://www.conversesamplelibrary.com

some amazing session stuff on here.  all royalty free (so it says)

eusti

06 Feb 2015

Interesting... Did someone find out how to download a whole set yet?
Just seems super cumbersome to download each file of a 300+ sample drum session...
I guess, I'm just lazy! ;)

D.

selig
RE Developer

06 Feb 2015

zakalwe wrote:https://www.conversesamplelibrary.com

some amazing session stuff on here.  all royalty free (so it says)
Wow, great find here. Some recognized names there as well. Nicely organized (Discover: take note!) for sharing. I need to check this out further, looks super cool actually…
:)
Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-02-06_at_3.07.41_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-02-06_at_3.07.41_PM.png (435.86 KiB) Viewed 2997 times
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

06 Feb 2015

After further digging, I will repeat:
SERIOUSLY: DISCOVER, TAKE NOTE!!!

Other than a lack of a way to select multiple files for download (as previously mentioned by eusti), the basic layout is simple and VERY thorough IMO.

And they are being offered for free!

Check out the typical "Overview" page below. There's so much useful and interesting stuff all nicely organized on the Overview page IMO, (shown below). You get a great "meet the musicians" video, including footage from the recording sessions and including artist interviews, you also got your top "one shots", your top "loops", your top "stems", the library details, and performer/engineer credits.  

Damn, then there's the samples themselves, which present a wide variety of styles and tones and types (loops, one shots, stems). And I've only auditioned a handful so far but there seems to be enough variety to encourage you to keep exploring knowing you'll eventually run into something useful. 

Not all of the samples are perfect and clean, they're more like what you might do quickly at the end of a tracking date (thinking drums here specifically) so that you'll have replacement samples if anything needs to be patched. Many loops  and some one shots seem to come directly from the song/track that was recorded on that session, which is to say they sound more like the what you'd get when sampling vinyl, but with the advantage of having a "solo" button for each track. Those who work with this approach will likely find something useful here. There's also one shots a plenty for building tracks from the ground up, and stems for remixing or just to practice or challenge your mixing skills with some different material.

So there may be a chair squeak here, a noisy tale there, and an abrupt cut off here and there. But it seems like the core sounds are solid, funky, and potentially very useful IMO. To be sure, this is not your typical sample library. But for at least some of you it may end up being something just as cool - or even cooler! Certainly it is a fresh approach to creating a living/growing "musical" library, not just another "sample" library. I will be interested in seeing how this grows over time!
Selig Audio, LLC

eusti

06 Feb 2015

I emailed them the question about selecting multiple files to download as a zip...
Will report back if / when I hear from them.

D.

Julibee

06 Feb 2015

Thank you, Zakalwe! This is very cool.
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

djfm1983

06 Feb 2015

Great find... I'm gonna have to look more into this.....
soundcloud.com/djfm1983

Rice

06 Feb 2015

Wow, thanks for this!

Ostermilk

06 Feb 2015

I've been checking it out over the last couple of days.

It's been the first thing I've seen on the net that's made me break my own no Facebook ever rule, even though I don't have to log in through Facebook it's made me want to use the log-in via Facebook link on this and a couple of other sites now.

This is a very cool resource with over 10 solid days worth of tracked audio freely available already.

eusti

06 Feb 2015

Just got an answer back:

They decided to only allow single file downloads because they want us to interact on the site to decide which samples to download.

(waiting for an ok to share the original text.)

Well, I like the content, but I think they might be slightly off in regards to how people want to use the site / interact with it.

D.

Ostermilk

07 Feb 2015

eusti wrote:Just got an answer back:

They decided to only allow single file downloads because they want us to interact on the site to decide which samples to download.

Well, I like the content, but I think they might be slightly off in regards to how people want to use the site / interact with it.

D.
That sounds to me that they are already aware of how people would want to use / interact with it which is likely why they've chosen not to make it too easy. 

Being able to do a convenient site rip onto local storage would guarantee that many would only bother visiting in order to downloadi a bulk zip of the next project added rather than paying any attention to what's there and who was responsible for it.  I guess they want to run a website rather than an ftp repository.

Small price to pay for such a goldmine IMO.

Ayello

07 Feb 2015

i still don't get how i can download samples, i ve log in tho'
any idea ?

eusti

07 Feb 2015

Ayello,

Click on Samples (left top), then select topic you want samples of, for example Aaron Steele "Rock Drums", then select for instance "All One Shots", that should get you into the Browse Files section...
Then you can find more samples in other categories (like Loops, Stems, etc.) by selecting the check boxes on the left hand side...
In that list click on the second symbol from the left in the list (first one is Play)...
That should give you access to the samples one by one...

Hope that helps!

D.

Ayello

07 Feb 2015

May thanks @eusti
it works fine now :)

eusti

07 Feb 2015

Glad to hear it! :)

D.

eusti

07 Feb 2015

Here's the reply I got from the site:

"Hey there,

We made the decision to only allow downloads of individual samples, hoping that you'd interact with the samples on the site, making decisions about which ones you'd like to download and use. We built a sampler so that people could easily check out samples that work well together. Enjoy the thousands of license free samples!!

Best,

Brian"

Just FYI, definitely some great stuff on there and for free! :)

D.

eusti

08 Feb 2015

Going through some of the one shot drum samples now to figure out if they're worth it to put them in a Kong...
As Selig hinted before some of the files definitely can profit from some cleaning up...
There is declicking, denoising and spectral repair to be done... Thank god for RX!
On the plus side: I'm definitely honing my skills today!

But I'm still can't quite figure out how to fix something like this happening in the end of:

andreas-klein_jazz-kit-crash-brush_drums_one_shot.wav

https://www.conversesamplelibrary.com/p ... e=one_shot
First file on the top when ordered by name.
I hear something weird happening in the noise, but cannot figure out in what frequencies it's happening and how to fix it...

D.

eusti

09 Feb 2015

Sorry for hogging this thread, but I really like the Jazz Drum samples... Nice variety...
Some of them a tad noisy, but still lovely!

D.

eusti

09 Feb 2015

eusti wrote:Just got an answer back:

D.
Ostermilk wrote:
That sounds to me that they are already aware of how people would want to use / interact with it which is likely why they've chosen not to make it too easy. 

Being able to do a convenient site rip onto local storage would guarantee that many would only bother visiting in order to downloadi a bulk zip of the next project added rather than paying any attention to what's there and who was responsible for it.  I guess they want to run a website rather than an ftp repository.

Small price to pay for such a goldmine IMO.
I see where you (and they) are coming from. And I think it makes sense for the vocal samples and more melody based samples... Not so much for one shot drum samples... At least in my opinion...
But, hey: You are right, the samples are good quality and free!

D.

• Information