Selig ART Vinyl: "Without the Scratches"

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
dconana

03 Feb 2015

This is great, thanks!

avasopht
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2015

Selig is the don!

Tinker

03 Feb 2015

Many thanks!

Ocean of Waves

04 Feb 2015

THis is why we love Reason innit? Thanks Giles

pedrocaetanos

04 Feb 2015

Thank you Giles! :)

Wanna do the same for the Tape preset? ;)

I'll pick it up and do the frequency response for other MTRs than the Ampex (from the same source ;) )
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

selig
RE Developer

04 Feb 2015

pedrocaetanos wrote:Thank you Giles! :)

I'll pick it up and do the frequency response for other MTRs than the Ampex (from the same source ;) )
I submitted three tape versions, Ampex, Otari, and MCI IIRC. I can find these and re-create them as Combinators if anyone is interested. 
:) [EDIT: the third is Sony, not MCI]
Selig Audio, LLC

Julibee

04 Feb 2015

selig wrote:
I submitted three tape versions, Ampex, Otari, and MCI IIRC. I can find these and re-create them as Combinators if anyone is interested. 
:)
Super interested.
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

Bigsby

04 Feb 2015

selig wrote: I submitted three tape versions, Ampex, Otari, and MCI IIRC. I can find these and re-create them as Combinators if anyone is interested. 
Julibee wrote: Super interested.
Me too!! Many, many thanks.

Bigsby

04 Feb 2015

Is Rotary 1 on the Combi supposed to be mapped to the Master level on the "Input Gain" microMIX?  I don't think it's mapped to anything.

selig
RE Developer

04 Feb 2015

Bigsby wrote:Is Rotary 1 on the Combi supposed to be mapped to the Master level on the "Input Gain" microMIX?  I don't think it's mapped to anything.
Good catch - I hurried this one a bit more than I realized! 

Here's the fixed version (also updated the first post/link):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/147 ... yl.cmb.zip
Selig Audio, LLC

Ocean of Waves

05 Feb 2015

Maybe a stupid question Giles, did you create all presets you submitted for Audiomatic with just the Reason tools we al have available? 

selig
RE Developer

05 Feb 2015

Ocean of Waves wrote:Maybe a stupid question Giles, did you create all presets you submitted for Audiomatic with just the Reason tools we al have available? 
We were provided an RE that was basically a "multi FX" device with a crude interface (no need for glitz since no one would see this), and used it to create our own "patches". Then we put it in a Combinator and assigned the first rotary to whatever parameters we wanted the "Transform" knob to control. Elegant and fun way to build a product IMO!

Selig Audio, LLC

Concep

05 Feb 2015

Thanks a lot for the combinator, Selig.  This is why I love the forums so much!

Ocean of Waves

05 Feb 2015

Ocean of Waves wrote:Maybe a stupid question Giles, did you create all presets you submitted for Audiomatic with just the Reason tools we al have available? 
selig wrote:
We were provided an RE that was basically a "multi FX" device with a crude interface (no need for glitz since no one would see this), and used it to create our own "patches". Then we put it in a Combinator and assigned the first rotary to whatever parameters we wanted the "Transform" knob to control. Elegant and fun way to build a product IMO!

8-)  thanks for the info, cool to read some background info about RE's! It would be cool to have that multiFX RE in the shop though

pedrocaetanos

05 Feb 2015

selig wrote:
I sure am interested! :)

Ampex MM-1200 has the reputation of being one of the best sounding MTRs ever - maybe that's why it ended being the chosen one.

I know the Jack Endino MTR response curves page long before ART came up, and I always thought it's great info to implement emulations. It's a great collection:
http://www.endino.com/graphs/

But, everyone comments that ART's tape sounds much better that Scream's, so I wonder how you would do it with default devices.

Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

FATCheese

07 Feb 2015

selig wrote:

I would welcome that most certainly!
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

miahluvdd

14 Feb 2015

This is awesome!  Thanks, Selig!!!

TheGodOfRainbows

01 Oct 2015

selig wrote:I submitted three tape versions, Ampex, Otari, and MCI IIRC. I can find these and re-create them as Combinators if anyone is interested. 
LOL are we interested? YES! But some time has passed. Can we revive this thread and encourage Selig to do this? :D

GRIFTY

01 Oct 2015

i'm vaguely interested, must confess

eusti

01 Oct 2015

Yes, please! :)

D.

Karim
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2015

Thanx a lot. I dont even know how you do it but damn it works perfectly for my deep and chills tunes .

Grateful!!! :shock:
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Last Alternative

07 Oct 2015

SELIG
Please come on with your next RE's. My money awaits you.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

selig
RE Developer

08 Oct 2015

Last Alternative wrote:SELIG
Please come on with your next RE's. My money awaits you.
Sorry to say I'm stalled with a growing backlog at the moment waiting on other folk's schedules to clear. Believe me, it's frustrating for me too!

Apologies for not getting back to the promises made in this thread - can't blame that one on anyone but me, so I'll see what I can do in the coming weeks!
Selig Audio, LLC

Yonatan

09 Oct 2015

I love the way this one works when need some extra roughness to the sound. Thanks a lot!

• Information