Selig ART Vinyl: "Without the Scratches"

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
challism

11 Oct 2015

Thank you, Giles! This will be used a lot. The vinyl preset is great, but it'll be nice to have the option of the scratchy noises. Thanks again!!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

selig
RE Developer

11 Oct 2015

I got the "Tape" preset from the ART Rack Extension finished tonight - it's a faithful recreation of the original with the added ability of being able to go inside the Combinator and tweak all parameters. I'm working on a version that provides more control from the front panel, but didn't want to keep anyone waiting.

Get it (and read more about it) here:
http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7491761
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

pedrocaetanos

12 Oct 2015

Hurrah, goodies! :)
Moving on to the new thread...
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

esselfortium

12 Oct 2015

I've noticed that this and the original ART vinyl sound very different when the gain is turned up. The combinator seems to allow higher frequencies to come in more sharply, while the original ART setting is somehow mellowing them out, allowing you to really squash the gain without sounding harsh. Is this a known issue and limitation of the stock devices being used to replicate it?
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

challism

14 Oct 2015

I wish Props would release a version of the device you guys used to create the Audiomatic presets as an RE. That would be really cool.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

selig
RE Developer

15 Oct 2015

challism wrote:I wish Props would release a version of the device you guys used to create the Audiomatic presets as an RE. That would be really cool.
It totally pales in comparison to using a Combinator as I have done here. I mentioned this in the other thread too. It's not at all a more elegant approach!

What they COULD do is release some of the FX modules from the device IMO.
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

15 Oct 2015

esselfortium wrote:I've noticed that this and the original ART vinyl sound very different when the gain is turned up. The combinator seems to allow higher frequencies to come in more sharply, while the original ART setting is somehow mellowing them out, allowing you to really squash the gain without sounding harsh. Is this a known issue and limitation of the stock devices being used to replicate it?
Thanks for the heads up here, I'm looking into fixing this!
This is the kind of feedback I'd love to get more of, BTW.
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

24 Jan 2018

Skybot wrote:Maybe a stupid question but what can i do to start the crackle and noise in the ART Vinyl Setting without an audible trigger and that it goes on infinite until i stop it manually? :?
That’s actually easy. You’ll need a 1 kHz tone and a notch filter. Run the tone at above -66 dBFS into ART and you’ll trigger the Vinyl sounds. Filter that tone out of the output of ART and you’ll be left with crackles for as long as you keep that tone going!

But the plot thickens - the tone has to be a higher frequency to trigger. A 10 kHz tone triggers at -65 dBFS, while a 100 Hz tone has to hit almost 0 dBFS!

Specifically 1 kHz and above triggers at -66 dBFS, 500Hz @ -51 dBFS, 250 Hz @ -27 dBFS @-7 dBFS (going down one octave each time, roughly indicating a 12 dB/Oct high pass filter slope starting at 1 kHz on the “trigger” input).

So for this case I’d suggest using a high frequency sine wave, because it’s level can be kept low in level while still being able to trigger the effect (and thus be even easier to notch out later).

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

24 Jan 2018

Here's what I came up with using Thor and ART:
ART Vinyl Forever_GR.cmb.zip
(2.36 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

24 Jan 2018

selig wrote:
24 Jan 2018
Never version with Pulveriser adding more options:
(3 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Selig Audio, LLC

jjeymusic

10 Feb 2018

selig wrote:
24 Jan 2018
selig wrote:
24 Jan 2018
Hello Selig could you re upload your original vinyl without scratches patch? The link is not working. Thanks for your great work!

Tomtom

07 Oct 2023

jjeymusic wrote:
10 Feb 2018
selig wrote:
24 Jan 2018

Hello Selig could you re upload your original vinyl without scratches patch? The link is not working. Thanks for your great work!
Hm... i seem to be way too late for the party. But is there anyway to get the cmb - file in 2023?
Sorry for reviving this thread...

selig
RE Developer

08 Oct 2023

Tomtom wrote:
07 Oct 2023
jjeymusic wrote:
10 Feb 2018

Hm... i seem to be way too late for the party. But is there anyway to get the cmb - file in 2023?
Here’s the latest (I think!) version:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/i3uct5y1 ... 94fvg&dl=0
Selig Audio, LLC

Tomtom

08 Oct 2023

selig wrote:
08 Oct 2023
Tomtom wrote:
07 Oct 2023

Here’s the latest (I think!) version:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/i3uct5y1 ... 94fvg&dl=0
Cool. Thanks. I will have a look! :thumbup:

• Information