Pro Piano Give Away

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
selig
RE Developer

02 Feb 2015

HDRefills.com wrote:Full details on time and date coming tomorrow on our Facebook page.
eusti wrote:
I guess that day came and went... ;)

D.
selig wrote:
DAN - DON'T LEAVE US HANGING!!!
(I thought maybe if I yelled he might hear me all the way down there....)

I must say I'm a bit disappointed and quite confused at Dan's lack of response here, as I consider it bad form to make a promise then just disappear without a trace....

I'd hate to see this place become a dumping ground for stuff like this....
:-(
HDRefills.com wrote:

Giles updates have been posted on our Facebook page as I posted above in this thread. The time and date of the Free give away will be posted there. 

I did not want to keep posting here unless there are questions as I think that might be a bit much if you understand me.

Dan, apologies if I'm mistaken, but you posted this very specific promise:
"Full details on time and date coming tomorrow on our Facebook page."

Do you not agree that you said this, and didn't follow through on it? We are here wondering why this did not happen, and you're not here explaining it to us!

If we're not on the same page in regards to this subject, I'm not sure how I could be any more clear here. :frown:
[EDIT: I WILL give you credit for being FAR more active here than on the forum you actually sponsor - 11 posts here and only one on ReasonForums!]
Selig Audio, LLC

sharpblue

02 Feb 2015

please notify the community here when you do the refill give away, as many of us here dont use facebook from what i have read in other posts on the forum

Grinder One

02 Feb 2015

But in fairness, what would he gain from not following through ? A few FB likes...well that would soon be undone and his reputation would fall to zero. I'm not sure what part of the world he's in or what time zone, so whether that impacts anything I don't know.

Mart.

eusti

02 Feb 2015

HDRefills.com wrote:Sorry everyone here you go. Date Feb 4th Time 7 am est for 24 hours. Enjoy!
Thanks for letting us know, Dan!

D.

sharpblue

02 Feb 2015

cheers, look forward to trying it out :)

Rice

02 Feb 2015

sharpblue wrote:please notify the community here when you do the refill give away, as many of us here dont use facebook from what i have read in other posts on the forum
^^^This^^^ ditto for me. Really appreciate it!

Rice

02 Feb 2015

I have the date jotted down...thanks!

selig
RE Developer

02 Feb 2015

HDRefills.com wrote:Sorry everyone here you go. Date Feb 4th Time 7 am est for 24 hours. Enjoy!
Yahoo, the game is afoot!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

sharpblue

02 Feb 2015

"Yahoo, the game is afoot!" lol :)

Grinder One

04 Feb 2015

Well, I got mine but, I decided to pay $5 to help support him.

I'll go n try it now.

ps...I did find advancing to the download a little confusing, having to guess what to click rather than being told to 'download here'.

craven

04 Feb 2015

Grinder One wrote: ps...I did find advancing to the download a little confusing, having to guess what to click rather than being told to 'download here'.
for everyone having trouble finding:
Click here and scroll down to the very bottom

Thanks, HDRefills for this great PWYW event!
:ugeek:

eusti

04 Feb 2015

Got it. Cool. Thanks!

D.

Cozen

04 Feb 2015

Got it too - thanks

weforgot...

04 Feb 2015

Have to do school stuff before I go to far down the rabbit hole. Thanks for an incredible give away offer. I will give it a try and get back to you with some feedback :) Initial thoughts are the demos sound great!

QVprod

04 Feb 2015

So not sure what the "True Velocity Technology" thing is about as it just regular sample mapping in the nnxt (as far as I can see), but I do have to say the Pro Grand patch in this refill is one of the better made for Reason pianos I've ever played. Has the dynamics that the Reason Pianos Refill lacks, and sounds sort of similar in tone to the Yamaha C7 from the RP refill.

Verdict; It's worth the download.... and throw em a few bucks if you can. 

selig
RE Developer

04 Feb 2015

QVprod wrote:So not sure what the "True Velocity Technology" thing is about as it just regular sample mapping in the nnxt (as far as I can see), but I do have to say the Pro Grand patch in this refill is one of the better made for Reason pianos I've ever played. Has the dynamics that the Reason Pianos Refill lacks, and sounds sort of similar in tone to the Yamaha C7 from the RP refill.

"True Velocity Technology"
I posted something about a technique I came up with for more accurate velocity mapping on the old PUF (RIP!), and I'm guessing this is based on that or something similar. 

But Dan won't divulge what pianos were used, or what gear was used to record the samples, or what studio they used for the session. So I'm doubting he would offer any insight into what makes this approach any different than any others! 

OTOH, I'm more than happy to help by sharing my approach with anyone who's interested. You can't learn how to reason if no one will share techniques with you! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

QVprod

04 Feb 2015

QVprod wrote:So not sure what the "True Velocity Technology" thing is about as it just regular sample mapping in the nnxt (as far as I can see), but I do have to say the Pro Grand patch in this refill is one of the better made for Reason pianos I've ever played. Has the dynamics that the Reason Pianos Refill lacks, and sounds sort of similar in tone to the Yamaha C7 from the RP refill.

selig wrote:

I posted something about a technique I came up with for more accurate velocity mapping on the old PUF (RIP!), and I'm guessing this is based on that or something similar. 

But Dan won't divulge what pianos were used, or what gear was used to record the samples, or what studio they used for the session. So I'm doubting he would offer any insight into what makes this approach any different than any others! 

OTOH, I'm more than happy to help by sharing my approach with anyone who's interested. You can't learn how to reason if no one will share techniques with you! ;)
Well I'm definitely all for it. Unfortunately I missed that post on the PUF.

jonheal

04 Feb 2015

selig wrote:

It would be an interesting little MAKE project to hook up an Arduino to a little servo plunger and then write a bit of software to calibrate the plunger to impact with 128 levels of pressure.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Grinder One

04 Feb 2015

QVprod wrote: Well I'm definitely all for it. Unfortunately I missed that post on the PUF.
Me too.
I've often played around with velocity in the past as it makes such a massive difference and isn't often taken as seriously as it should be. One technique is to apply filtering to softer struck notes of course,

But, every little helps as they say.

Mart.

joeyluck

04 Feb 2015

selig wrote: But Dan won't divulge what pianos were used, or what gear was used to record the samples, or what studio they used for the session. So I'm doubting he would offer any insight into what makes this approach any different than any others!
Would be cool to hear more about the process.  Would definitely raise interest in the ReFill I would think.

Until then, I would assume that these are just curated, public domain piano samples?

QVprod

04 Feb 2015

QVprod wrote: Well I'm definitely all for it. Unfortunately I missed that post on the PUF.
Grinder One wrote: Me too.
I've often played around with velocity in the past as it makes such a massive difference and isn't often taken as seriously as it should be. One technique is to apply filtering to softer struck notes of course,

But, every little helps as they say.

Mart.
I've learned that as well recently while mapping an S90 piano in the nnxt. The stock FSB pianos use this technique as well. Low velocity piano samples sound awfully fake without doing this

Rice

04 Feb 2015

I've had a couple of hours with this now...It's pretty decent. I haven't put it in the context of a song yet, but it sounds okay

Lunesis

04 Feb 2015

Thanks anyways Matt ;)
Attachments
HDpianos.jpg
HDpianos.jpg (154.06 KiB) Viewed 2115 times

• Information