Pro Piano Give Away

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
avasopht
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2015

dconana wrote:So basically, the instrument and the process should be a selling point not a secret.  8-)
Very true, I mean when I look at the Reason Pianos, or Kontakt Alicia Keys blurb, the way they explain what microphone and preamps were used to capture each piano, the pickup positions and naming the engineers makes me foam at the mouth a little.

I've still got the HDRefills Pro Piano downloaded on my phone. Had they gone into more detail I'd probably be more enthused to try it out.

The number of layers in some of the patches, if done right is enticing, so I'm hoping when I finally do transfer it to my PC that it impresses me.

eusti

15 Feb 2015

dconana wrote:So basically, the instrument and the process should be a selling point not a secret.  8-)
avasopht wrote:
Very true, I mean when I look at the Reason Pianos, or Kontakt Alicia Keys blurb, the way they explain what microphone and preamps were used to capture each piano, the pickup positions and naming the engineers makes me foam at the mouth a little.

I've still got the HDRefills Pro Piano downloaded on my phone. Had they gone into more detail I'd probably be more enthused to try it out.

The number of layers in some of the patches, if done right is enticing, so I'm hoping when I finally do transfer it to my PC that it impresses me.
Avasopht, just for me to figure out: You mention foaming at the mouth about too much technical information??? http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/foam+at+the+mouth

D.

BonsaiMacKay

15 Feb 2015

avasopht wrote:

eusti wrote:
Avasopht, just for me to figure out: You mention foaming at the mouth about too much technical information???
eusti wrote:
D.
I think he means that as in "uncontrollably excited" (second entry, definition 1).

eusti

15 Feb 2015

BonsaiMacKay wrote: I think he means that as in "uncontrollably excited" (second entry, definition 1).
Cool! Thanks! That is a usage I never experienced in real life! Learned something new today! :)

D.

BonsaiMacKay

15 Feb 2015

BonsaiMacKay wrote: I think he means that as in "uncontrollably excited" (second entry, definition 1).
eusti wrote:
Cool! Thanks! That is a usage I never experienced in real life! Learned something new today! :)

D.
I see you also foam at the mouth about learning new stuff! ;)

eusti

15 Feb 2015

BonsaiMacKay wrote:
I see you also foam at the mouth about learning new stuff! ;)
Not quite! ;)

D.

moneykube

15 Feb 2015

I find it disturbing that if the owners of a forum don't like what questions are asked, they simply delete the posts, or make the forum disappear like the props did…. I guess that way they don't have to answer relevant questions or put up with discontent with products. This is what makes me foam at the mouth lol
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

eusti

15 Feb 2015

moneykube wrote:I find it disturbing that if the owners of a forum don't like what questions are asked, they simply delete the posts, or make the forum disappear like the props did…. I guess that way they don't have to answer relevant questions or put up with discontent with products. This is what makes me foam at the mouth lol
That's the thing: You can do that, if it's your forum... It still reflects on you though... But a lot of people have no real memory... Or maybe just don't care... :P

D.

moneykube

15 Feb 2015

https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information