Pro Piano Give Away

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
craven

04 Feb 2015

HDRefills.com wrote:My name is Dan.
Hi Dan, a friend of mine bought the refill but also got the message - that the download limit has been reached - even before he could download it! He will try again soon. You might want to look into that.

I wish you a great success with the business. Always good to have nice refills!
:ugeek:

Lunesis

04 Feb 2015

HDRefills.com wrote:My name is Dan.
Sorry, Matt... er, Dan. ;)

ScuzzyEye

04 Feb 2015

HDRefills.com wrote:So far today there have been over a 1000 downloads, this Refill has been beta tested for around 2 months and not once has what you show happened or showed to us.
Perhaps during beta testing it wasn't downloaded over 1000 times in one day? I'd say the error message is likely something in the hosting environment responding to the increased load on the server, not a response to a single person's action.

Rice

04 Feb 2015

I'm throwing my hat in here as I am very disappointed at an Admin not being professional, however expecting all others to be so. I'm not the one to get involved in ANY of that old PH batch touchy stuff, never have never will. But I think an apology is owed to Dan.

Lunesis

05 Feb 2015

Ok, sorry Dan! ;)

By the way, I have nothing against Matt. Everyone is welcome here. I can just recognize the dialect. That and the IPs for ReasonForums and HDRefills show up in the same city.

Wish I could get the refill I payed $2 for though.

At Vero Eos

05 Feb 2015

HDRefills.com wrote:now we shall leave
Hmm, it's your decision of course. But if no one had mentioned it here at RTalk, i wouldn't have known of this ReFill. And i paid my 10$ for it. And definitely spent a lot more money for other ReFills and REs over the years...

So, this board here is a great opportunity for RF/RE developers, in my opinion. And for people like me, who are not on facebook, twitter or else, one of the few places to get interestion news like this Piano ReFill.

And one last thing: the majority of users here almost never write something, they usually only read. So i wouldn't value provocative expressions of a handful of users too much :)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

05 Feb 2015

HDRefills.com wrote:My name is Dan it is not right that people keep calling me Matt. On our website we have a contact page and we are there to help.

So far today there have been over a 1000 downloads, this Refill has been beta tested for around 2 months and not once has what you show happened or showed to us.

I was ready to put a link on our website to this thread on your web page but now we shall leave, it seems this place is as the old. Take care everyone.

"The Administrator Edited his post which was disrespectful." Even more that this place is like the old.

Here you go Admin,

We hope everyone is enjoying are hard work. Here is a quote from someone who took the time to download and really play our Refill.

"I am absolutely astounded! Basically all my songs contain piano and this refill now opened up a whole new world. Before it was like playing with gloves, with your refill I access a considerably wider dynamic range that allows me to play in a whole new way. It is by far the absolute best piano refill I´ve tested and sets a new limit to what I can do, it is infinitely good !!!https://soundcloud.com/designetic"

It's a good piano ReFill (note, it's ReFill, not "refill" or "Refill": not even being able to spell your own product name correctly is rather dubious.

But your refusal to discuss the product in any detail is equally astounding.

So I'm going to ask you outright:

1) Did you actually sample or have sampled two grand pianos for this product?

2) Can you confirm these aren't resamples of other peoples samples, or samples of a hardware synth or sound module piano ROMs, or simply a converted piano sample library, such as found in various Kontakt, Akai or Gigasampler libraries, or an existing set of free pianos sold (that you have would likely have been illegally reselling for the past few months)?

Before you answer, note that you also blatantly lie on your webpage. The product *does* have looped decays even though you've specifically stated they are natural decays, I quote your own or Matt's words: "amazing sound natural decays". This is is an outright lie. In which case you are being deliberately misleading. I'm now very suspicious of this package.

craven

05 Feb 2015

HDRefills.com wrote: Ok fair enough. I have already said that Matt takes care of all the website stuff, it's part of our deal I know nothing of that stuff.
please feel welcomed on this board, we are nice people with the occasional little tease, but it's a friendly community that only wants the best for its beloved music creation software Reason!
(see how I tried to avoid the whole DAW discussion?)

So thanks again for the great piano refill! Please tell us more about the sampling technique if you like, it sounds very interesting. Cheers!
:ugeek:

selig
RE Developer

05 Feb 2015

Matt, Dann, what does it matter (maybe they're brothers?). I'm just impressed that the financial sponsor for Matt's site spends all of his time posting here and not at the forum he sponsors!

I don't know how we did it, but we've even attracted someone from another forums who is financially invested in that forum

Cheers to ReasonTalk!!!

I am, however, discouraged to find that Dann is "unable" to reveal the brand of piano that was sampled. :frown:
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

05 Feb 2015

Dan did refer to the PUF. I was under the impression he was brand new to the community... Maybe all of this can be cleared up with Dan's username? Maybe his full name? Just trying to help you, Dan! 

Would be cool to hear about how this ReFill was created :)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

05 Feb 2015

HDRefills.com wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:
It's a good piano ReFill (note, it's ReFill, not "refill" or "Refill": not even being able to spell your own product name correctly is rather dubious.

2) Can you confirm these aren't resamples of other peoples samples, or samples of a hardware synth or sound module piano ROMs, or simply a converted piano sample library, such as found in various Kontakt, Akai or Gigasampler libraries, or an existing set of free pianos sold (that you have would likely have been illegally reselling for the past few months)?

Before you answer, note that you also blatantly lie on your webpage. The product *does* have looped decays even though you've specifically stated they are natural decays, I quote your own or Matt's words: "amazing sound natural decays". This is is an outright lie. In which case you are being deliberately misleading. I'm now very suspicious of this package.
HDRefills.com wrote:
Glad you like it and to answer your questions first we do not have to nor are we going to give details of how we make our ReFills, is this spelling better for you. This is our choice and its to protect our TVT Technology.
This ReFill does have long natural decays, we never said they do not have or have loops but we did say they have long natural decays and they do.
We make ReFills and we will protect our TVT Technology I am sure you and anyone else can respect this.
The decay is looped and controlled via envelope, so it is not a" natural decay". If you load any of these samples individually, they all abruptly stop after a few seconds. So they are not natural and to market this product as having natural decays is simply and categorically untrue.

Can you understand that? The statement on your website is not true. Natural decays are decays that naturally fade out. You are using abbreviated samples and looping part of the decays using an amp envelope. So, it is absolutely not natural. One might have said you made an honest mistake, but when asked you repeat it rather than admit it was incorrect. This is typically behaviour of MediaSVI. This, and the bad grammar, is why people think you are MediaSVI.

Also note I did not, on this occasion, ask you how you sampled, merely what you sampled; TVT or any other real or made-up "tech" didn't enter into it. So I'll try again.

1) Did you actually sample, or have sampled on your behalf, two grand pianos, exclusively for this product?

2) Can you confirm, for the record, these aren't resamples of other peoples samples, or samples of a hardware synth or sound module piano ROMs, or simply a converted piano sample library, such as found in various Kontakt, Akai or Gigasampler libraries, or an existing set of free pianos?

That you avoided answering these questions speaks volumes. Perhaps we should just submit them for comparison to the official sample registration list and see if they find a match?
Attachments
ProPianos.png
ProPianos.png (911.33 KiB) Viewed 1583 times

joeyluck

05 Feb 2015

HDRefills.com wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:

HDRefills.com wrote:
Glad you like it and to answer your questions first we do not have to nor are we going to give details of how we make our ReFills, is this spelling better for you. This is our choice and its to protect our TVT Technology.
This ReFill does have long natural decays, we never said they do not have or have loops but we did say they have long natural decays and they do.
We make ReFills and we will protect our TVT Technology I am sure you and anyone else can respect this.
JiggeryPokery wrote:
The decay is looped and controlled via envelope, so it is not a" natural decay". If you load any of these samples individually, they all abruptly stop after a few seconds. So they are not natural and to market this product as having natural decays is simply and categorically untrue.
JiggeryPokery wrote: 

Can you understand that? The statement on your website
JiggeryPokery wrote:is not true
JiggeryPokery wrote:. Natural decays are decays that naturally fade out. You are using abbreviated samples and looping part of the decays using an amp envelope. So, it is absolutely not natural. One might have said you made an honest mistake, but when asked you repeat it rather than admit it was incorrect. This is typically behaviour of MediaSVI. This, and the bad grammar, is why people think you are MediaSVI.

Also note I did not, on this occasion, ask you
JiggeryPokery wrote:how
JiggeryPokery wrote: you sampled, merely
JiggeryPokery wrote:what
JiggeryPokery wrote: you sampled; TVT or any other real or made-up "tech" didn't enter into it. So I'll try again.

1) Did you actually sample, or have sampled on your behalf, two grand pianos, exclusively for this product?

2) Can you confirm, for the record, these aren't resamples of other peoples samples, or samples of a hardware synth or sound module piano ROMs, or simply a converted piano sample library, such as found in various Kontakt, Akai or Gigasampler libraries, or an existing set of free pianos?

That you avoided answering these questions speaks volumes. Perhaps we should just submit them for comparison to the official sample registration list and see if they find a match?
HDRefills.com wrote:
Wow you really can not deal with the fact we have every right to protect our products. Now threats this is crazy, go ahead do what you must.
Take a look at Sample F#1-13.wav and you will see that it has over a 10 second natural decay. I am done talking about this with you. I do find it odd that you a developer is taking so much time to deface what we are doing, I guess that goes with making refills...wow!

I am done here this place has bad vibes, people can go to our official forum on ReasonForums or our Social Sites,

Thanks Dan.

Hey Dan, I'm just interested in where the samples come from.

selig
RE Developer

05 Feb 2015

joeyluck wrote: Hey Dan, I'm just interested in where the samples come from.
As am I, and probably many others as well. But don't expect that to happen any time soon. 

And btw (to Dan), I didn't see ANY threats being made against anyone here.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

05 Feb 2015

Dan, I asked you two very reasonable questions that any of your customers might ask, that didn't require you to be specific about tools you used or risk any clever "technology" you may have used. People who paid money to you deserve to know exactly what they were paying for, because you made it a PWYW offer and so have earned money from doing this. If you were a responsible developer you could just simply have replied "Yes" and "Yes" to each question and given no more information. When someone chooses to obfuscate the rest of us have to ask why would you do that?

The natural held decay of a low piano note is minutes at full velocity. Ergo, a decay of 10s cannot be natural when it abruptly stops because the key was lifted. Load that sample into RedRum and play it back. Does it have a natural decay or not? There are reasons why piano products tend not to use natural decays - they just get too big. So I'm absolutely not critical of you using loops in this product. What I am critical of is you stating it's a natural decay when you know full well it isn't. By being so disingenuous you're defacing yourself.

eusti

05 Feb 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:Dan, I asked you two very reasonable questions that any of your customers might ask, that didn't require you to be specific about tools you used or risk any clever "technology" you may have used. People who paid money to you deserve to know exactly what they were paying for, because you made it a PWYW offer and so have earned money from doing this. If you were a responsible developer you could just simply have replied "Yes" and "Yes" to each question and given no more information. When someone chooses to obfuscate the rest of us have to ask why would you do that?

The natural held decay of a low piano note is minutes at full velocity. Ergo, a decay of 10s cannot be natural when it abruptly stops because the key was lifted. Load that sample into RedRum and play it back. Does it have a natural decay or not? There are reasons why piano products tend not to use natural decays - they just get too big. So I'm absolutely not critical of you using loops in this product. What I am critical of is you stating it's a natural decay when you know full well it isn't. By being so disingenuous you're defacing yourself.
I hear where you're coming from. Not sure if there is a language barrier thing going on here that might communication weird or impossible...

D.

QVprod

05 Feb 2015

Someone's a little touchy here..... Seriously though. In case you do see this Dan, it's a bit sketchy that you won't even say what piano you sampled. I can somewhat get not revealing whatever TVT is, not that we couldn't simply just analyze the mapping of the samples in the refill (sampling is decades old I doubt you're really doing something new with the NNXT), but just about every sampled piano on the market be it made for Reason or otherwise, the developer generally tells you what piano they sampled.

Also not all said on this thread was negative, I did actually give you a fairly positive review, but you seem to be only most interested in people saying this refill is the best thing ever made. While this place differs quite a bit from the PUF, where the two are similar (aside from having the majority of former PUF members) is brutal honesty. 

BonsaiMacKay

05 Feb 2015

This thread reminds of the Kong808/909 thread. Ask the simplest question in the world and never get an answer. Honestly, if I didn't know it was Matt, I'd say it's a scam.

joeyluck

05 Feb 2015

HDRefills.com wrote: To celebrate our first Refill, on 2/4/15 at 7:00 A.M est for 24hrs we gave away our Pro Pianos Refill. We hope for those of you who took the time to download it are enjoying it. If you have questions or need help please use our Social Sites or our official forum at Reasonforums.com  

Sorry, I just watched the entire video again thinking you were hinting that the piano sampled was mentioned in the video. It is not  :frown:

pushedbutton

05 Feb 2015

"True Velocity Technology"?
the secret is they record the same note 7 times and turn it down a bit each time, then  divide the 127 midi values in the note velocity into 7 sets of 18 progressively quieter parts. they say that much in the video. As to whether that's good enough to be called 'true' I'll leave that to opinion, but those samples don't have natural reverb.
Hiding behind this imaginary wall of "TVT Technology secrets" isn't going to get you any respect around here.
As for do they sound good? No, no that don't, not to my ears.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information