Pro Piano Give Away

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
childofsaturn

06 Feb 2015

FYI: At certain velocities, some keys are on a long loop when sustained. In other words, when holding down the G1 key at medium velocities, I began hearing the original attack of the sample over and over.

Like anyone else, I appreciate something free (or PWYW), but with this type of mistake, it makes me question the authenticity of this ReFill, along with Matt. Something seems amiss.

selig
RE Developer

11 Feb 2015

childofsaturn wrote:FYI: At certain velocities, some keys are on a long loop when sustained. In other words, when holding down the G1 key at medium velocities, I began hearing the original attack of the sample over and over.

Like anyone else, I appreciate something free (or PWYW), but with this type of mistake, it makes me question the authenticity of this ReFill, along with Matt. Something seems amiss.
Just a quick heads up - their main site, hdrefills.com is down now because the "domain name expired on 2/10/2015". Still not sure what to think of all this…   :frown:
Selig Audio, LLC

QVprod

11 Feb 2015

childofsaturn wrote:FYI: At certain velocities, some keys are on a long loop when sustained. In other words, when holding down the G1 key at medium velocities, I began hearing the original attack of the sample over and over.

selig wrote:
Just a quick heads up - their main site, hdrefills.com is down now because the "domain name expired on 2/10/2015". Still not sure what to think of all this…   :frown:
Hmm.... now thats just..... That being said still no video. This is feeling very much like the Kong 808 fiasco (that refill still hasn't been released- its been a year)

Ostermilk

11 Feb 2015

selig wrote:
Oh no, not again....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2D3-FkoXNU

So we have Matt doing the web site for Dan who is sponsoring Matt's forum which has lost a member since last weeks count.  Matt forgets to pay GoDaddy's annual fee for the domain HDRefills is on.  Dan isn't going to be happy with Matt is all I can say.

:s0511:

Ostermilk

11 Feb 2015

joeyluck wrote:If the site was down...it's back up.
It was and now it is.

They must have heard me shouting... :D

Theo.M

11 Feb 2015

selig wrote:
QVprod wrote:
Hmm.... now thats just..... That being said still no video. This is feeling very much like the Kong 808 fiasco (that refill still hasn't been released- its been a year)
I am pretty sure that one hasn't progressed at all, probably just the single patch still that was "showcased" 6 months ago or whatever it was.

Note, one has to be a member of reasonforums.com to get that "coming" refill.

CharlyCharlzz

11 Feb 2015

i posted him a message two days before the PUF closed , not going to say what i wrote him but let's just say I was saying he was doing a cool looking website and give him support.

he never posted back at me when somebody else would normaly have posted back at least a (hey glad you like it , thanks for the support) .
I guess he was too busy with his 40'000 fallowers .
anyway this piano aint free now so I'm screwed , good thing Sample tank 3 (free) got a super great piano for me :) but I would have rather have one for my reason rack ..
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Theo.M

12 Feb 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote: i posted him a message two days before the PUF closed , not going to say what i wrote him but let's just say I was saying he was doing a cool looking website and give him support.

he never posted back at me when somebody else would normaly have posted back at least a (hey glad you like it , thanks for the support) .
I guess he was too busy with his 40'000 fallowers .
anyway this piano aint free now so I'm screwed , good thing Sample tank 3 (free) got a super great piano for me :) but I would have rather have one for my reason rack ..
It's really not much better than the IDT piano so don't feel to stressed about missing it. What sort of music do you do? The IDT has a very useful house piano but not sure if you make any EDM or if you do other styles like rnb for example.

Also the NNXT reads soundfonts very well, and there are tons of free soundfont pianos out there, you just got to do the digging, but you will find something.

I really like the reason pianos refill, i know it's not that loved around here, but for some reason it just gels with me. Perhaps next 50% sale you could grab it from props, it is well worth like $49 or whatever it would be.

As far as not getting back to you, Matt selectively ignores things and always has.. it's just the way he is. I gave up after trying to get a direct response from him about many different things and was ignored time and time again, and when he DID quote me and respond, he never answered anything I actually asked but when off on his own tangent LOL.

Theo.M

12 Feb 2015

Hey by the way Charly, i have no use for the piano refill at all... If i delete it from my drive using a secure erase, i.e guaranteeing not to keep it, i wonder if Matt would allow me to give you mine? You can ask him and it's all yours if it's allowed, perhaps you could donate a couple bucks to him if he says yes.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

12 Feb 2015

Theo.M wrote: It's really not much better than the IDT piano so don't feel to stressed about missing it. What sort of music do you do? The IDT has a very useful house piano but not sure if you make any EDM or if you do other styles like rnb for example.

Also the NNXT reads soundfonts very well, and there are tons of free soundfont pianos out there, you just got to do the digging, but you will find something.

I really like the reason pianos refill, i know it's not that loved around here, but for some reason it just gels with me. Perhaps next 50% sale you could grab it from props, it is well worth like $49 or whatever it would be.

As far as not getting back to you, Matt selectively ignores things and always has.. it's just the way he is. I gave up after trying to get a direct response from him about many different things and was ignored time and time again, and when he DID quote me and respond, he never answered anything I actually asked but when off on his own tangent LOL.
Theo,

What IDT piano are you talking about?

Anyway, i have RPi, and i really like them. 

The "Life is what you do with it" patch is my Go To piano all the time.

Theo.M

12 Feb 2015

Theo.M wrote: It's really not much better than the IDT piano so don't feel to stressed about missing it. What sort of music do you do? The IDT has a very useful house piano but not sure if you make any EDM or if you do other styles like rnb for example.

mcatalao wrote:
Theo,

What IDT piano are you talking about?

Anyway, i have RPi, and i really like them. 

The "Life is what you do with it" patch is my Go To piano all the time.
I am so sorry that was a typo, i meant ID8.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

12 Feb 2015

Oh, Ok then...

I have to say the ID8 is a bit underrated over here. I guess it's a fine sampler, but i think i never go for it as an instrument in my rack.

I guess with the instruments from the Studio Combo Refills (RPi, REb, RDK and the Abbey Road Keys) i rarely find the need to go to it. 

avasopht
Competition Winner

12 Feb 2015

The ID8 is my go to piano in Reason. Just EQ and reverberate according to taste (I also parallel compress with other effects to give me the sound I desire).

QVprod

12 Feb 2015

mcatalao wrote:Oh, Ok then...

I have to say the ID8 is a bit underrated over here. I guess it's a fine sampler, but i think i never go for it as an instrument in my rack.

I guess with the instruments from the Studio Combo Refills (RPi, REb, RDK and the Abbey Road Keys) i rarely find the need to go to it. 
The ID8 piano, at least the grand and the upright use the same samples as the Steinways (grand and upright) in RPi, just less  sample layers I believe. It's quite usable depending on the application. Personally any music I write that's piano driven, I go outside of Reason for. But the ID8, being the same as RPi can definitely hold its own in a mix. 

selig
RE Developer

12 Feb 2015

mcatalao wrote:Oh, Ok then...

QVprod wrote:
The ID8 piano, at least the grand and the upright use the same samples as the Steinways (grand and upright) in RPi, just less  sample layers I believe. It's quite usable depending on the application. Personally any music I write that's piano driven, I go outside of Reason for. But the ID8, being the same as RPi can definitely hold its own in a mix. 
I find the ID8 piano to be the ideal song starter. The last thing I need when working out chords/melody is tons of options! I get distracted too easily. I always liked the Steinway in Reason Pianos, so ID8 works perfectly for me. 

As others have said, sometimes it even makes it into the final production, so it's definitely no slouch sound wise! :)
Selig Audio, LLC

alex

12 Feb 2015

selig wrote: The ID8 piano, at least the grand and the upright use the same samples as the Steinways (grand and upright) in RPi, just less  sample layers I believe. It's quite usable depending on the application. Personally any music I write that's piano driven, I go outside of Reason for. But the ID8, being the same as RPi can definitely hold its own in a mix.

I find the ID8 piano to be the ideal song starter. The last thing I need when working out chords/melody is tons of options! I get distracted too easily. I always liked the Steinway in Reason Pianos, so ID8 works perfectly for me. 

As others have said, sometimes it even makes it into the final production, so it's definitely no slouch sound wise! :)
I love ID8 piano sound too. The only thing I don't get with it are the missing cv gate/note input.
When figuring out chords progression I find autotheory useful and it would be great to be able to use it with ID8 as well which, unless I'm missing something, it is not the case ... :frown:
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

orthodox
RE Developer

12 Feb 2015

alex wrote:The only thing I don't get with it are the missing cv gate/note input.
You can put ID8 into a Combinator and get those inputs.

alex

12 Feb 2015

orthodox wrote: You can put ID8 into a Combinator and get those inputs.
Right! Thank you very much! :thumbup:

I don't even know why I didn't think about that...
I guess I'm aging...

The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

dconana

13 Feb 2015

Part of the thing that sells me on any sampled product are all the pictures of the instruments that have been sampled, the studio in which it was recorded, which (usually vintage) mics, pres, and desks were used and any processing applied. Basically a lot of companies have this down to a T, and by the end of the promotional video I'm left wondering how I even tried to make music without this sample set.

So basically, the instrument and the process should be a selling point not a secret.  8-)

BonsaiMacKay

13 Feb 2015

dconana wrote:Part of the thing that sells me on any sampled product are all the pictures of the instruments that have been sampled, the studio in which it was recorded, which (usually vintage) mics, pres, and desks were used and any processing applied. Basically a lot of companies have this down to a T, and by the end of the promotional video I'm left wondering how I even tried to make music without this sample set.

So basically, the instrument and the process should be a selling point not a secret.  8-)
Exactly, but what can I say? Matt doesn't even reveal his true identity and adopts a fake name to make people think his site has a 3rd party sponsor as if anyone cared... One can only imagine he collected royalty-free (or not) samples and is now passing them as his own... Not saying it is the case, but it gets a little suspicious when he can't even give a straight answer to a simple question...

joeyluck

13 Feb 2015

dconana wrote:Part of the thing that sells me on any sampled product are all the pictures of the instruments that have been sampled, the studio in which it was recorded, which (usually vintage) mics, pres, and desks were used and any processing applied. Basically a lot of companies have this down to a T, and by the end of the promotional video I'm left wondering how I even tried to make music without this sample set.

The same sentiment was expressed over at reasonforums:
http://www.reasonforums.com/showthread. ... -Giveaway!

Their response was curious...

avasopht
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2015

Well it's great that we have a new ReFill content producer, I've downloaded it so I'll soon know whether it will replace ID8 for me.

BonsaiMacKay

15 Feb 2015

joeyluck wrote:
The same sentiment was expressed over at reasonforums:
http://www.reasonforums.com/showthread. ... -Giveaway!
joeyluck wrote:
Their response was curious...
And NOW Matt has DELETED the threads asking those questions... The only HDReFills thread now is the original "welcome" thread left only with its OP... Way to go, Matt.

http://www.reasonforums.com

moneykube

15 Feb 2015

yes… I noticed that as well… went looking for it last night
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information