Looking for advice on some good horn sounds

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Shugga

19 Jan 2015

Howdy all, I have found great drum and bass sounds that I use to write with, the one thing I am missing is real horn sounds, trumpet, sax, multiple instruments.  I don't want loops, I want the actual samples so I can play the parts with my keyboard.  Does anyone have any advice or experience with some great horn samples?  I will be doing mostly funk and some R&B with them.

Thanks in advance,
Shugga
What is that smell?

dreampolice

19 Jan 2015

This is the crack you need!

http://www.bigfishaudio.com/Vintage-Horns

Buy the refill and you are good to go.

Shugga

19 Jan 2015

Holy poop dreampolice, the demo for that is sick.  Exactly what I need.  Unfortunately that is out of my budget.  :-(   Thank you for the heads up on that one.
What is that smell?

Shugga

20 Jan 2015

I just found the refill on Propellerhead's site for 99.00, that is much better.  I just may have to pull the trigger on that.
What is that smell?

electrochoc (PRX-A)

20 Jan 2015

Shugga wrote:I just found the refill on Propellerhead's site for 99.00, that is much better.  I just may have to pull the trigger on that.
Wow! Usually, ReFills developers offer lower prices and many special offers on their private site... This is the first time I've heard of such a clear case, where the price of a ReFill on an external site is the double of the one on the Propellerhead shop!
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

• Information