FREE Saturation Knob Mk. III

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
offaxisdaddy

19 Jan 2015

This was originally posted by user joshuajohn89 on the PUF. He has kindly given his permission to repost it here (I also extended an invite here as well). 

"Two years ago I set out to overcome what I saw as the limitations of the Saturation Knob, ultimately assembling a combinator that I called the Saturation Knob Mk. II, which worked okay, but I did not really know what I was doing when I made it, and it really wasn't much better than the original after all. I think I have learned much since then, though, so with it being free again for a limited time and after noticing some users sharing the same complaints that I had I thought I would take another stab at it today.

Attached is my Saturation Knob Mk. III combinator, which adds all of the functionality I felt was missing, namely a smoothly variable saturation type (a 3-point crossfade between high, neutral, & low modes), output gain (pre-mix), and a mix parameter for blending the dry signal with the wet. For ease of use these four parameters (saturation amount included) are assigned to the combinator's four primary knobs, but inside I have also included an instance of Thor for an additional two rotaries controlling input gain & post-mix volume for more detailed tweaking.

This time around I am quite proud of the patch, so I hope you like it and that it will allow you to get better use out of this nice freebie from Softube. "

Saturation Knob Mk. III.zip     

This really improves the functionality in ways I could not imagine and I find myself reaching for this a lot recently.
I have also put together a skin (his design ideas) to go with it.

Enjoy!

Attachments
SAT_KNOB_MK3_edited-3.jpg
SAT_KNOB_MK3_edited-3.jpg (84.31 KiB) Viewed 1168 times

adamf

19 Jan 2015

Thanks for the update....I'll be sure to let you know how I make out

eusti

19 Jan 2015

Thank you! :)

D.

offaxisdaddy

19 Jan 2015

Hope you guys can make good use of it :) joshuajohn89 gets all the credit, I just pulled it from the library before the bulldozers rush in...  :frown:

• Information