Omg Way Beyond Fairlight...

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2018

guitfnky wrote:
07 Jul 2018
MrFigg wrote:
07 Jul 2018

That said, and despite my previous two points, his refill is extremely good and well worth the money.
that universal love for the quality is the main reason I was interested. even so, there are plenty of other sounds out there that are excellent, and I usually prefer to do my own tweaking anyway, so Refills have to really do something special for me to even take notice. this just takes me off the fence and firmly into the “nah, don’t need it that badly” camp.
I hear you :). Attitude and honesty are very important when it comes to good customer relations and arrogance especially repels me. Tweak away man :):).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

anko

07 Jul 2018

well fwiw from my point of view the bitley refills really are something special.

fantastic sounds by someone who knows what they're doing and has a real love for it.

i can easily see how the r2x expasion/finishing just got lost in the snowstorm for a one man show producing so much and now trying to solidify some reward for effort by focussing for now on kontact.

imho there is just a miscommunication here with some not updated website content and no deliberate bad intention on bitley's part. that fact that he's said "omg yes i should get back on fleshing out r2x more" is a good, and humanly understandable, response i think.

my final words on this are to retirate that what is there in r2x is of the usual top quality, and to point out that the original wbf refill is not affected by this incomplete status and is one of the best and most comprehensive sample sets available for reason.

as a final disclaimer, i don't know bitley personally and have no vested interest in his businness, i'm just a long time very happy customer of his sounds.

WillyOD

09 Jul 2018

Yeah, but updating a website shouldn't take more than five minutes.

Add a notice that this refill you are currently about to buy is not finished and it only contains X number of samples but by year Y it should contain Z samples.
Especially do this if HALF of the promised content is missing, I mean this should be a no-brainer.

I don't know quite how to comment on this thread without getting at least a bit "personal", but business is not just about selling and advertising and making money for the creator.
False advertising is always bad. I prefer good customer relations and professional product support over anything. I would like to know that I personally matter as a customer, and I'm not just a number turned into money for you, the seller.

You really need a superior product these day to get away being even slightly condescending against your own customers.

(Disclaimer: I haven't used R2X but just reading these comments made me have flashbacks with my own Fairlight refill experiences. This also mirrors my experience with many other businesses and several customer support people I've had the pleasure of dealing with)
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

bitley

10 Jul 2018

Well these are superior products and the info is updated so perhaps the shitstorm can leave this thread? There are better things to do. Relax! Be happy! Create! Inspire!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2018

bitley wrote:
10 Jul 2018
Well these are superior products and the info is updated so perhaps the shitstorm can leave this thread? There are better things to do. Relax! Be happy! Create! Inspire!
Woah!! What do you mean ”shitstorm”? Are you referring to your customers? Or what? If that is the case, and without trying to be antagonistic, the fact remains that the product description was misleading. The response to the question of whether those who had bought the refill would receive an upgrade after it was completed was “We’ll see. ”. I may of course have misinterpreted the intent behind this answer.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2018

I just wanna know if I'm going to get what I thought I bought without it depending on anything or anyone. I also don't think I want to hear now after the fact, "well what you got is worth what you paid so that should be enough".

And also, how do I know your Farilight Kontakt R3 does indeed contain everything the website says it does?
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

bitley

10 Jul 2018

Accurate info has always been key to the entire process of what I do and that's the case with FKR3 as well, as the info was taken from the files themselves. In the case of WBF R2 a PDF to describe everything would be of significant size. In the case of R2X the number of patches will definitely increase and this will be free for each and every customer. I have been away from the main studio for a while but I will make sure to check so that the most recent version is the one people have gotten this far. It might be so that an even richer version actually already has been made. I am a few steps ahead of what has been released so this will be carefully controlled during the following days.

Here is a patch by patch (not all patches of course, just a selection) demo of the DeepMining refill which is included in the R2X pack.

Here are a few individual demos of the new R2X patches:

Full R2X demo track:

Magnus

11 Jul 2018

bitley wrote:
05 Jul 2018
1. IDT & REs are fine but I am a sound designer & 2D designer, not a C++ developer (not even a 3D designer). Furthermore, which is more important, the IDT specification is limited to sizes much smaller than the size of the refill sample content.
2. Ppl can try out sounds, there is a free demo refill available to get some inspiration and feel for what can be expected.
3. There is a direct download link for all customers and no fuzz at all with that.
4. Alternatively there are versions up for Kontakt and Yamaha MOXF / Motif XF / Montage for those wanting another format.
1. I don't think that's right, you can easily fit big samplesets into an IDT. Just look at the size of StringWERK or AEON for example.
2. I know but it's not as good a customer experience and you're getting left behind. You have these totally, totally professional quality sounds and yet they're wrapped up in a surrounding package and customer experience that isn't competing in the marketplace any more.
3. Dropbox is not a good delivery mechanism. I know you also regularly remove users who have access but this is no good if a year later they want to then easily redownload the file on a different computer somewhere! With The Prop Shop, users can download bought content immediately after purchase and also sync any time after that from any computer without needing to ever contact any one to ask for access to their purchase again.
4. You started out on Reason, you used to work at Propellerheads, I'm sure if you looked into the IDT you would be able to make an instrument using it and I'm sure it would rejuvenate your sales on the Reason platform.

If you can't do it alone, why not find a coding partner to work with and help you with the IDT stuff? Come on Bitley, please get us a Rack Extension of your finest sounds! :)

Failing all of that, why not at least sell your ReFills through the Propellerhead shop??

bitley

11 Jul 2018

Thanks for input, we'll see what the future brings. :)

guitfnky

11 Jul 2018

bitley wrote:
10 Jul 2018

the correct response is “sorry for misrepresenting the products. I’ve corrected the information on the site and will make sure I’ve got accurate info for future releases.”

not “relax, people, not delivering on what was promised isn’t a big deal!”

I mean, I’m no marketing expert, but come on. 🙄
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2018

guitfnky wrote:
11 Jul 2018
bitley wrote:
10 Jul 2018

the correct response is “sorry for misrepresenting the products. I’ve corrected the information on the site and will make sure I’ve got accurate info for future releases.”

not “relax, people, not delivering on what was promised isn’t a big deal!”

I mean, I’m no marketing expert, but come on. 🙄
+1
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bitley

11 Jul 2018

:geek:

Well, if you (who ordered) perform interesting edits on the sounds and play with the samples supplied / create with them you can submit patches that I might use, with full credit & your Combinator skin (and I can help out there too) as usual.

guitfnky

11 Jul 2018

Summing up this thread, as if talking about some other product...
customers wrote:Hey man, this is a great car you sold me, but you said specifically it would have Bluetooth, and it definitely doesn’t.
Bitley wrote:Oh yeah, well it’s a really nice car, and I’ll be trying to add Bluetooth to it, as long as people keep buying it now, so I have enough money to add Bluetooth to it.
customers wrote:That’s an odd way of doing business.
Bitley wrote:Hey, don’t be so negative, or you might drive away the people who are going to buy the really nice car, and if they don’t buy it, I might not be able to add the Bluetooth!
customers wrote:Not cool, man.
Bitley wrote:Listen, I just updated the info on the website, so it no longer says the car has Bluetooth. It’s a really nice car! Relax!
customers wrote:Uhh, what?
Bitley wrote:Hey, if you already bought this car (it’s a great car, btw), and happen to have some Bluetooth parts lying around the house, you should send them to me; I might be able to add Bluetooth to these cars after all. Don’t worry, I’ll give you credit.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

bitley

11 Jul 2018

Trying to chill critical voices around here seems rather tricky. :?

Anyway, for what it’s worth:

Signature patches does indeed already exist in WBF R2; wonderful programming from EditEd4TV, DrLoop, Navi Retlav, etc as a nice contrast to all the work I did. It’s in no way a limitation to the product, rather something that adds extra icing on the cake. Just like all signature patches provided by myself and others in some of the rack extensions.

QVprod

11 Jul 2018

bitley wrote:
11 Jul 2018
Trying to chill critical voices around here seems rather tricky. :?

Anyway, for what it’s worth:
I'm playing close attention to this thread as a mod, and thankfully people have been very calm. However you're not giving your customer's reason to be to not be critical. Let's call it what it is. You false advertised a product and then after people bought it and (politely) called you out on it, you changed the product description to reflect it's current state with a "promise" of adding more patches later. Patches that, according to the original description, should've been there in the first place. That's shady business. Then in addition to that, instead of even apologizing to customers you sold incomplete products to, you try to brush off criticisms as if customers are supposed to be okay with it... So now we have both shady business and bad customer service... and you're hoping to get more sales?

You have a great reputation here for your Fairlight refills. Please don't do any further damage to it.

bitley

11 Jul 2018

You are free to view things any way you like. (Apparently so even as a forum admin.) I have replied above. I am also thankful for Anko’s softer line and I hope some people can accept a similar view. The on going sale is great and the packs are great even as they are.

bitley

11 Jul 2018

hurricane wrote:
04 Jul 2018
the RX2 expansion has ıı a total of 96 patches.

There are 3 additional refills that you get with the RX2 purchase. One refill has 60 patches. DeLight has 68 patches. The last refill (which is a patch collection for 4 different REs) has 278 distinct patches.

So that makes this a grand total of about 500 patches.

Now for $25 I'm not going to complain (even though I feel bamboozled and am disappointed). If I had purchased this for $59 I would be pissed off.

I thought you all should know.
Thanks for reporting. The local WBF R2X work here currently has 171 patches. I have not counted the others. A new version will be posted soon. The web page has been updated with info about the ongoing programming work.

As many tough things happened in my personal life I had actually forgotten about the state of this refill but it will be fixed. As the overall tone here seems to demand a reply with more details I can tell you that two of my best friends tragically passed away last year; Jens and Marcus.

I had made lots of music – in fact complete albums – with both;

(with Marcus) and

(with Jens).

The mourning of this... delicately combined with an overwhelming child custody case has shattered my mind a lot making me unfocused regarding the soundware work. Things are getting better so please excuse me for my gaussian blur.

anko

11 Jul 2018

bitley wrote:
11 Jul 2018

(with Marcus) and

(with Jens).

The mourning of this... delicately combined with an overwhelming child custody case has shattered my mind a lot making me unfocused regarding the soundware work. Things are getting better so please excuse me for my gaussian blur.
just had a listen to those two. some very nice work in there in a cool variety of styles. :)

as for the other stuff, sorry to hear it, keep fighting the good fight.

maybe it's just cause i've been around so long but i find the expectation that other people will be somehow perfect that can arise in the impersonality of online communication somewhat tiresome. no one is, or should be expected to be, perfect. sh*t happens to all of us if we live long enough that isn't always good. as long as one keeps plugging away without ill-intent in their heart i think we are doing well as we can.

all just imho of course, as always. absolutely no criticism of anyone implied here, that would be totally against my point.

anyway, hope things start looking up bitley. cheers. ;)

bitley

15 Jul 2018

Thanks! Seated in the studio, working...

Here is a keyboard session with a few of the WBF R2 / R2X and Kontakt patches, that I reprogrammed for Yamaha MOXF.

To get a picture of what kind of sounds to expect.

Most are very light & fast to load.

bitley

15 Jul 2018

New version of R2X now sent out / link emailed to all customers. If you are missing the link please drop me an email and I will fix it asap. Best / Patrick

jappe

15 Jul 2018

anko wrote:
11 Jul 2018
bitley wrote:
11 Jul 2018

https://bitley.bandcamp.com/album/les-e ... los-endlos

(with Marcus) and

https://bitley.bandcamp.com/album/eh-one

(with Jens).

just had a listen to those two. some very nice work in there in a cool variety of styles. :)

as for the other stuff, sorry to hear it, keep fighting the good fight.

maybe it's just cause i've been around so long but i find the expectation that other people will be somehow perfect that can arise in the impersonality of online communication somewhat tiresome. no one is, or should be expected to be, perfect. sh*t happens to all of us if we live long enough that isn't always good. as long as one keeps plugging away without ill-intent in their heart i think we are doing well as we can.

all just imho of course, as always. absolutely no criticism of anyone implied here, that would be totally against my point.

anyway, hope things start looking up bitley. cheers. ;)
@Anko: I agree with everything you said.

@Bitley: I already downloaded the R2X update, thanks & I wish you lots of strength and inspiration to continue extending your inspirational sound libraries!
Regarding inspiration, I can honestly say that no other refill or RE has boosted my creativity more than your refills, thanks for that :)

bitley

15 Jul 2018

Most kind of you Jappe, that’s the kind of feedback that makes me want to keep delivering. :)

Magnus

23 Jul 2018

bitley wrote:
15 Jul 2018
Most kind of you Jappe, that’s the kind of feedback that makes me want to keep delivering. :)
Hey Bitley, quick question; what happened to Way Beyond Synclavier 1 & 2, did they get absorbed into WBF R2X?

jappe

23 Jul 2018

Magnus wrote:
23 Jul 2018
bitley wrote:
15 Jul 2018
Hey Bitley, quick question; what happened to Way Beyond Synclavier 1 & 2, did they get absorbed into WBF R2X?
Hello,

just chiming in before Bitley replies:
I have WBS 1&2, WBF, R2X and some other refills from Bitley, and picked some patches from WBS and could only find them in WBS when searching all the refills:
  • Chroma DM Rez
  • PPG more complex
  • Toto Recall
  • Sitaric Ultralowth
  • Klik Synbas 1
  • OB8 Strings
  • Acoustic Harp

bitley

31 Jul 2018

Thanks for chiming! :) I have not thought about what to do with some of the older refills really; remake them with new updates or sell them for a reduced price.

• Information