Omg Way Beyond Fairlight...

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
bitley

27 Sep 2015

selig wrote:
bitley™ wrote:An absolutely fantastic posting there Eusti, thank you very much for the effort! I will recommend listening very analytically to the intro of Your Wildlife (Track 3). After the piano chords, a more mellow part comes in, with two 4-note "sub melody lines". Placed underneath is THE best synthesizer patch I have ever heard. It is an Oberheim Matrix 12 pad with a very advanced LFO affecting the filter. It runs quantized to the tempo but in a very specific fashion. Two LFOs must have been used... And probably like 32 hours of finicky editing & real sound design... I have been amazed by that sound ever since I first discovered it. Been meaning to re-create it but I tend to give up before even trying hard ;-)
Or, that sound is simply a filter sweep of noise, gated by a traditional audio gate keyed by a drum machine? I used to do stuff like that all the time way back then, mainly because that's all we had to work with! ;)
Sounds reasonable! Gosh, I must try that. The backside of programming too much sounds: You miss the obvious advantages of outboard tricks!

bitley

06 Oct 2016

Hi guys! I was about to just test MIDI reception but I ended up having fun with a sound, so I made a first attempt of the Take My Breath Away bass sound. It's now added to the dropbox. Feel free to add your own sound creations in your own subfolder!

JNeffLind

07 Oct 2016

Here's a song I made primarily with WBF sounds. The three main synth sounds (bass and two treble parts heard throughout but heard unobstructed in first verse and intro) come from WBF. Hope you like.

Mysterygrimms

14 Oct 2016

bitley™ wrote:

Hi guys! I was about to just test MIDI reception but I ended up having fun with a sound, so I made a first attempt of the Take My Breath Away bass sound. It's now added to the dropbox. Feel free to add your own sound creations in your own subfolder!
I have WBF R2 how do I get that take my breathe away bass sound?

bitley

17 Oct 2016

Hi there! Bonus sounds appear in the dropbox for those connected. If you aren't it's not the end of the world. :)

bitley

22 Oct 2016

Newz: New Kontakt library - "Lost In The Fairlight Maze" and new upgrade possibilites to WBF R2 including WBS 1 & 2 - that is - Fairlight CMI and Synclavier for a superb price. Now I'm off picking up my kid but don't miss Casey Neistat on Youtube and don't miss the Bitley™ soundbanks! Alright! Seeyoulater pals!

Mysterygrimms

22 Oct 2016

For some reason I am no longer connected. How do I get reconnected to your Dropbox for WBF R2?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

bitley

22 Oct 2016

Hi! The files are being shared for a couple of weeks, then I restart new sharing cycles for the next round of customers. It's been a standard procedure for quite a while now and it feels better doing it that way. The dropbox keeps healthy and so on.

As for chatting in this forum it would be 10 000 times cooler talking about the sounds and what you do with them and so on. For support issues and such please visit facebook.com/bitleysounds and we'll keep that chatter away from passers-by. :)
Last edited by bitley on 16 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.

bitley

15 Feb 2017

Hi folks! If you think I've been under the ice I've actually dived there on purpose, working with the Kontakt side of things and expanding into new products there. The same base material is used, and I made a library called 'Lost In The Fairlight Maze'.

You might perhaps enjoy the demo music as to another example what can be done with the refills. There are several tracks up.

Kudos,
Patrick

bitley

16 Oct 2017

Hi guys!

Since new bonus patches are being added from time to time, to WBF R2 that is, I have started re-adding all the pleasantly early adopters to the new share. I would love to hear your music made with the refill. :)

To the rest: WBF R2 is not dated in any way what so ever! :)

To find out more about it or get it, check http://bitley.laconicsounds.net/way-beyond-fairlight/

qn5

16 Oct 2017

bitley™ wrote:
16 Oct 2017
Hi guys!

Since new bonus patches are being added from time to time, to WBF R2 that is, I have started re-adding all the pleasantly early adopters to the new share. I would love to hear your music made with the refill. :)

To the rest: WBF R2 is not dated in any way what so ever! :)

To find out more about it or get it, check http://bitley.laconicsounds.net/way-beyond-fairlight/
Thanks, Bitley!
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

michael.jaye

17 Oct 2017

I really love The Alternating patches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobi Rice

17 Oct 2017

I recently purchased 2 Kontakt Libaries „The Flutarian Hills & „The Mallet And Chime Hallway“. I like them very much. Are those Libaries included in any bitley refill as well or are those only for kontakt?
Reason 3-10, Propulsion Drum Sequencer,
Synchronous, Synapse Antidote

Nektar Panorma P4, Push2

bitley

17 Oct 2017

Cool!

the Kontakt patches are different but they all build on the same foundation. The Reason refills are much more "advanced" than the Kontakt stuff, because the true power of Reason is the Combinator, that's where all the magic happens. Kontakt doesn't have anything like that.

bitley

18 Oct 2017

michael.jaye wrote:
17 Oct 2017

That was nice to read! I don’t think I have gotten that feedback before, those patches are pretty experimental. Have you recorded anything with them? Would be fun to hear!

teddymcw

19 Oct 2017

bitley™ wrote:
18 Oct 2017
michael.jaye wrote:
17 Oct 2017

That was nice to read! I don’t think I have gotten that feedback before, those patches are pretty experimental. Have you recorded anything with them? Would be fun to hear!
These ones aren't made with The Alternating patches, maybe I can dig one of those up. However the one below is entirely WBF w some RE effects, then recently spruced with Ozone's 'Electric Analog' preset

bitley

19 Oct 2017

Nice! :)

michael.jaye

20 Oct 2017

bitley[emoji769] wrote:
michael.jaye wrote:
17 Oct 2017

They are a great way to add a random feel to a track. Time permitting, ill post a few examples.

bitley

25 Oct 2017

New patch added: Pad 8P Clicky & Lighter (Combinators folder).

This is built on my multisampled Roland JX8P and you can play with different settings. It really permits using the NNXT as a VA synth.

bitley

23 Jun 2018

Sweet summer deals on WBF R2 & R2X right now! :)

http://bitley.laconicsounds.net

anko

24 Jun 2018

ok got r2x to add to my wbf r2, looking forward to see what it adds. ;)

bitley

25 Jun 2018

Excellent!

LarsK

28 Jun 2018

bitley wrote:
23 Jun 2018
Sweet summer deals on WBF R2 & R2X right now! :)

Hoping the deals will last at least until tomorrow, when it's payday! :puf_bigsmile:

bitley

03 Jul 2018

Yes they will last a long time to get the business to try waking up a little more so I have said Sept 1st to ppl asking on Gearslutz. Now that Kontakt also can be used there are libraries starting at just $10 available. And there’s the free Reason refill DeLight also accessible from the site.

hurricane
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2018

I've had your refills for a while, and since I only started making 80s inspired music 5 months ago, I've been using them more and more and more. All your stuff is like a handy all-80s workstation. I particularly like your synth and RE patches. Your Subtractor patches are fantastic. :thumbs_up:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

• Information