Omg Way Beyond Fairlight...

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
bitley

11 Aug 2015

Precisely, I'd find lots more interest in reading comments about the sounds. :)

thotbott

11 Aug 2015

It's not downloading it to your box that's the problem, it won't let you join the shared folder if you don't have the space in your Dropbox.

Exowildebeest

11 Aug 2015

https://www.beatport.com/phwelements/tr ... anet-remix

Spot the Bitley patch :)

Thanks Bitley, this remix wouldn't have been the same without that patch!

Sinistereo

11 Aug 2015

bitley™ wrote:Precisely, I'd find lots more interest in reading comments about the sounds. :)
Patrick, your refills are absolutely top-notch, clearly labors of love.

Your distribution method is painful. I'm pretty sure that there would be much more talk about how wonderful your patches are if you would acknowledge (and fix) the pain and frustration that using Dropbox causes to normal users.

Libraquaricorn

11 Aug 2015

Yep, I'm hyper interested in this refill, and I would have pulled the trigger already if it wasn't for the uncertainties surrounding the delivery of the product. Buyers need instant gratification, especially if you want them to return and buy your other - I'm sure - great products. So I'm still on the fence here...

bitley

11 Aug 2015

There's no problems whatsoever w Dropbox, it's the best delivery method in the world.

eusti

11 Aug 2015

bitley™ wrote:There's no problems whatsoever w Dropbox, it's the best delivery method in the world.
I'm a big fan of your work and I like you, but I have to disagree here. Not sure as well why you try so hard to hang on to this delivery system... The only advantage I see is that it's free and might let you control access... There must be a better way to do this... Something with dedicated links that expire after a certain time that won't break the bank... Maybe something Amazon S3 related?

D.

thotbott

12 Aug 2015

Sorry to say, but getting the refill from drop box was painful. You can't join the shared folder unless you have enough space. So for a user to just join to download they need to refer 3-4 friends and have them set up accounts. For 100 dollars, that too much effort for an end user spending that much money.

Second a lot of people don't like drop box for the privacy issues associated with their t&c and their installer.

The refill, is unbelievable, I mean since buying it a few days ago the sounds have gotten my newest track into a music library and forwarded for TV placement, but if I knew the trouble I'd have getting it downloaded, it would have put me off.

I think I speak for most of us here when I say, we want to see this refill and you succeed as this is top notch material, just don't shoot yourself in the foot using a difficult method of delivery just because you prefer it and not the paying masses.

bitley

12 Aug 2015

The temporary Dropbox issues with free / unexpanded Dropbox accounts has just been fixed, very sorry for that; anyone ordering can now download instantly.

thotbott

12 Aug 2015

Thats great to hear. Again want to say, the refill/library is amazing. With this, it might be worth pitching it to some of the big retro wave names, possibly let them have it for free, like Mitch murder and the likes, a plug from them would put sales through the roof I'd say

bitley

12 Aug 2015

Thanks; oh yes, there are many very famous users but I think some people are disappointed that it's only for Reason & Kontakt. What would be welcome is a world that truly understands and respects the extreme power Reason really delivers. It's like it's still not seen as the ultimate DAW... Ableton Live seems to have taken that position lately. A bit strange if you'd ask me... :)

Sinistereo

12 Aug 2015

bitley™ wrote:There's no problems whatsoever w Dropbox, it's the best delivery method in the world.
Clearly this is why you are the ONLY commercial enterprise I've ever encountered that is using Dropbox for digital delivery.

I've had my say, and so have you. I'm sure customers out there who are on the fence and read statements like this will understand your customer service philosophy.

emasters

12 Aug 2015

Hey Patrick, thanks for adjusting the size to join with the free DropBox. Much appreicated!

bitley

15 Aug 2015

Any Reason user looking for some of the best sound banks ever made for it ever to be made should focus on that alone.

Not that it is being delivered through a very simple to use download interface once the purchase order have been recieved.

Can we talk sounds now please?
Last edited by bitley on 16 Aug 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Riverman

15 Aug 2015

Clearly there are problems. Your customers are expressing problems, so that means there's a problem.
"Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current;
no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place,
and this too will be swept away." - Marcus Aurelius

bitley

15 Aug 2015

That has been fixed so there are no problems now. If anyone has a problem I can be reached via e-mail and I will fix it in minutes.

Just exactly like how it always have been.

bitley

18 Aug 2015

Bigg Vic has been checkin' out WBF! :)

bitley

21 Aug 2015

Sinistereo wrote:
Clearly this is why you are the ONLY commercial enterprise I've ever encountered that is using Dropbox for digital delivery.

I've had my say, and so have you. I'm sure customers out there who are on the fence and read statements like this will understand your customer service philosophy.
It took me about a week coming out of the seriously bad feeling this message left me with. I must say you come across as purely evil with these allegations. For starters, "commercial enterprise", let me comment on that. Do you think you are talking to Microsoft or Adobe here, Apple? You're talking to a single sound developer who's spent years in isolation more or less to create perfect soundbanks. This is a project of blood, sweat and tears - a true love for music and sounds. This is no commercial enterprise in the way you see it, this is you and this is me. I am Patrick, I am no commercial enterprise, I'm a person. If you're asking about my customer service philosophy I try to do the absolute best I can, and very many people have expressed true likings of my often rapidly fast email replies & problem solving.

This is about a soundbank and it's a completely different ballpark;

I have worked my a™™ off to be able to deliver this to fellow Reason users.
Last edited by bitley on 16 Jul 2018, edited 1 time in total.

ivar

21 Aug 2015

hi patrick
you did a great job with the refill and we, the customers, paid money - so you are, even if you worked your a... off as a hobby musican, a commercial seller. your refill is not cheap. the dropbox thing is rubbish, some of your customers complained about it here in the forum, but you showed no understanding. this is for me insulting. when you take money for your hobby you have to listen to your customers. i asked you a few weeks ago why you use dropbox and not a normal filehoster - you gave no answer. so a ask you again why ? i spended a lot of time into finding out what dropbox is all about i dont want to do this, and i dont want to leave my data to a company i dont know. - i just want to download with one click. this is my point

bitley

21 Aug 2015

If you want to talk internet storage solutions, this thread shouldn't be the place. I have a very thorough internet knowledge and Dropbox was chosen for a number of reasons. For instance, people can share their patches back to me and those can be built into the products if I find them meaningful. Or I can update the refill and it will automatically sync out to all users who wish to stay connected. If your download is interrupted, Dropbox allows it to resume from the last point. If you just want to download the refill, that's what you do; creating a free Dropbox account takes you 30 seconds and it's always worthwile having for your own creative endeavours, like sharing Reason tracks with friends or safely storing your holiday pictures. Dropbox is great, that's why I chose it.

Now, for the purpose of this thread and this forum, please discuss the sounds.

JNeffLind

21 Aug 2015

Hey guys. I've butted heads with Bitley in the past and while we may not ever share a beer together, the dude is a talented designer and you'd be foolish to be put off by his interpersonal style. MUSIC people! If music matters most, then nothing else really matters.

I particularly enjoy the "Signature" combinators in WBF. When I'm browsing patches this is the first place I look. I'm even working on a track that uses these sounds exclusively (except drums and vocals), but I have no idea when it'll be done so not trying to hype anyone up or anything. Just saying, this shit is gold. If you need to jump through an extra hoop to get it, then jump with a smile.

ivar

21 Aug 2015

JNeffLind wrote:Hey guys. I've butted heads with Bitley in the past and while we may not ever share a beer together, the dude is a talented designer and you'd be foolish to be put off by his interpersonal style. MUSIC people! If music matters most, then nothing else really matters.

I particularly enjoy the "Signature" combinators in WBF. When I'm browsing patches this is the first place I look. I'm even working on a track that uses these sounds exclusively (except drums and vocals), but I have no idea when it'll be done so not trying to hype anyone up or anything. Just saying, this shit is gold. If you need to jump through an extra hoop to get it, then jump with a smile.
hi
nobody complained about the quality. this refill is the price worth - but when you sell your work make sure to have a thoughtfull customer service.
i had no chance to download the refill without register to drop box. they installed ugly crap on my pc to spy me out and this made me angry and it costs my time.
regards
ivar

At Vero Eos

22 Aug 2015

ivar wrote:
JNeffLind wrote: i had no chance to download the refill without register to drop box. they installed ugly crap on my pc to spy me out and this made me angry and it costs my time.
You don't have to install the software, the web service is enough.

bitley

22 Aug 2015

Exactly and it also appears you're not fully taking in what I have been trying to explain; Dropbox has been carefully selected after meticolous testing of various services and solutions. It's not malware in any sense at all. They are serious software vendors. You can install it and uninstall it after downloading, or you can do as suggested by At Vero Eros; just use it as a web service in a browser.

ivar

22 Aug 2015

hi
the provided download link did not work for me. but this is history. the refill is fine and i am happy to own it
regards

• Information