Selig's B3 refill???

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
JNeffLind

18 Jan 2015

I've heard mention earlier on PUF as well as here that Selig had put together a solid B3 refill. Since I just bought Jiggery Pokery's strat/tele refill as well as Bitley's WBF I'm trying to keep from buying the B3 organ rack extension from JP (though it seems good). Anyone know where I can find Selig's refill and how much it costs? I couldn't find it by searching the shop. Am I just being dense?

paulred67

18 Jan 2015

Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

JNeffLind

18 Jan 2015

Awesome. Thanks man. I'll have this on my list for the next time I've got some cash to spend. Now I just need to decide between this or JP's B3. Anyone care to express an opinion? Pros and cons of both? I've got great respect for both Selig and JP, since I own some of their other products respectively, so I'm guessing I can't really go wrong either way...

Opinions?

Ixus

18 Jan 2015

I have it, i think it sounds great, lots of patches and the combis have alot of control options.

If you can stomach christmas music i've used it here

A small thing in the intro, then you could skip to 1 minute for a short part then to 2 minute mark for some solo-ish stuff. for minimal christmas exposure :D

EDIT: HOLY CRAPY MY FACE!  I cant change pic on soundcloud.. its getting worse lol!

JNeffLind

18 Jan 2015

Thanks man. Your face is lovely, as are the organs. Is it safe to assume that the guitar was a live recorded guitar as opposed to a refill or patch emulation?

Ixus

18 Jan 2015

Haha thanks! Yeah the guitars and bass are played by me!

offaxisdaddy

18 Jan 2015

As an organist, I can vouch for selig's b-3 refill as a very good Hammond emulation. I used this stage wise for about a year before my panorama froze on stage - have since bought another Hammond and ditched Reason for live use. In all fairness, I have not even hit the try button for the JP organ RE's (all ground covered by the Hammond), although the demo's do sound nice. I think the biggest difference is that selig's b-3 is recreated with the clever use of Reason stock synthesis vs. jp's sample based products - Jp's RE's have full front panel control while selig's offer the same control within the combinator. 

I had a brief pm exchange with selig before purchasing - I explained my desires/concerns and he was very thorough in his reply. It was a "leap of faith" due to there being no functional demo (having purchased I now understand the lack of a demo), but he even offered a full refund in advance if I found his offer to be unsuitable to my needs. Needless to say - it was an offer I never had to take advantage of :)

motuscott

18 Jan 2015

I had a similar conversation with Giles before buying, complete w/ refund offer.
Certainly we can band together to banhammer this mofo early in this forum before he does what he did with the PUF.
Jacking up my post count here Y'all
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

JNeffLind

19 Jan 2015

motuscott wrote: Certainly we can band together to banhammer this mofo early in this forum before he does what he did with the PUF.
Wait... what? Did I miss something? Who are "we" trying to ban? 

Lunesis

19 Jan 2015

I think he is being sarcastic about Giles.

JNeffLind

19 Jan 2015

Lunesis wrote:Image 

I think he is being sarcastic about Giles.
Ah yes. That makes sense. Duh. I guess sarcasm doesn't come through so well in plain text. High School English teacher would be upset I missed my "context clues." I thought maybe I missed some nefarious conspiracy by Selig to firebomb PUF which would have surprised me since my little bit of interaction with him has been positive.

Lunesis

19 Jan 2015

Nah, Giles is a model citizen and a gentleman.

Namahs Amrak

19 Jan 2015

motuscott wrote:I had a similar conversation with Giles before buying, complete w/ refund offer.
Certainly we can band together to banhammer this mofo early in this forum before he does what he did with the PUF.
Dude, Giles *IS* the wielder of the Banhammer on Reasontalk. Self-flagellation isn't likely.

Upvoted y'all.
My Words are my ART

bpmorton

19 Jan 2015

Here is a link to a very good demo of Selig's B3 refill.

http://instantpianogenius.com/seligb3/

JNeffLind

19 Jan 2015

bpmorton wrote:Here is a link to a very good demo of Selig's B3 refill.

http://instantpianogenius.com/seligb3/
Thanks man. Very helpful.

selig
RE Developer

20 Jan 2015

motuscott wrote:I had a similar conversation with Giles before buying, complete w/ refund offer.
Namahs Amrak wrote:
Dude, Giles *IS* the wielder of the Banhammer on Reasontalk. Self-flagellation isn't likely.

Upvoted y'all.
Wait - I can ban myself? Then how would I ever un-ban myself? It's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma!

As for the Selig B3, I'm happy to offer a money back deal for anyone not satisfied with this product since there's no 30 day trial with ReFills. 

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

JNeffLind

20 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:

Upvoted y'all.
selig wrote:
Wait - I can ban myself? Then how would I ever un-ban myself? It's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma!

As for the Selig B3, I'm happy to offer a money back deal for anyone not satisfied with this product since there's no 30 day trial with ReFills. 

:)
You are a gallant, wrapped in a seraph, inside a mensch.

JNeffLind

20 Jan 2015

Alright. Just bought my second Bitley refill so catching my breath before throwing more money at Reason products. This is definitely on my list though.

davidhyno

24 Jun 2015

Just bought from http://www.baumanproductions.com/edited4tv.html  :just 8,88$ with one of this code from https://www.facebook.com/pages/EditEd4T ... 64?fref=ts

"
The codes below are still active - all my ReFills (except for the M83 “Midnight City” ReFill as it’s already at a ridiculously low $15.00) are now on sale for $26.12 off!
Off the normal price of $35.00, this results in my 88 MPH ReFills costing you just $8.88 each! WOWZERS!
You can use the following single use discount voucher codes until they’re all used up. There are 15 codes in all. First come, first served. If a code doesn't work, try the next one - hurry up, don't be late.
Please visit the EditEd4TV store at the Bauman Productions website - click on any product image for more detailed information:
http://www.baumanproductions.com/edited4tv-store.html
eb14d232e7a
6102063b74c
633a68d7b22
6e1b58c45d1
9173bc370e8
97f0afcafee
dcb7e969d41
f1ca0708de3
4306f427717
9c06bf477af
63fe32e9f88
b8f08e50dce
f38d16b3a06
ed7d6bbeb64
3da37e7c0d5
These coupons cannot be applied to the M83 “Midnight City” ReFill, the EditEd4TV Korg nanoKontrol Files, or the 88MPH Triple Pack. Well, you could use the code for the triple pack probably, but you’re better off using three codes to get each of the three 88MPH ReFills for $8.88 each. As far as using the $26.12 coupon on the other two products that are already less than $26.12… uhm… not sure… you might break the internets."

(plus bought EditEd4TV 88MPH ReFill V1,V2,V3!!) 

Happy buying! :s0221: :s0230:

pedrocaetanos

25 Jun 2015

I would have bought the Selig B3 plus all the 88MPH, but no coupon seems to be working - maybe all have been used already - not sure cause I don't get a message when trying to apply, simply nothings happens.

I also didn't find a way to buy several items at the same time, which for sure contributed for coupons disappearing sooner.

Pitty, since I'm not a facebookaholic I always learn too late of this this stuff.

Thanks for the tip, anyway! :)
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

mbfrancis

25 Jun 2015

I own the Selig B3 refill, the B3T RE, and Rotor, which you don't mention.  For me it's around presets and usable sounds out of the box.  I haven't been able to get the Refill to sound good, but I know other people have (have heard demos).  Some of this is that it's a hassle to route Combi patches and Combi effects, and then to edit the sounds you have to go into the Combi...so I don't.   (More descriptive patch names would help).  The B3T sounds cool, and it's great having everything on the device, but I'm not crazy about the built in Leslie, so I'd still have to patch it something.  JP recommends patching it to one of Selig's Leslie combi patches, but again, not big combi effects (how do I even insert them?...I always insert a reverb and then browse to the combi patch).  

So I usually end up using Rotor presets, which I quite like a lot out of the box.  Here's a track I used where you can hear it (starts on second verse).  Note I am *not* an organist, just a pianist, so my sense of B3 authenticity is limited, but I use what's easy and what sounds good in my productions.  Rotor may not be better (may be worse!) but it gets me to the sound in my head faster.

My $.02 - I say this as a very happy customer of both JP (also own Compact RE + multiple refills) and Selig (own De-esser, which I use religiously on every song, and Gain), and again, other people have coaxed wonderful sounds out both other options.  Hope this helps.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Theo.M

25 Jun 2015

All coupons used already? Nothing happens here, no error message, nothing. Wow that was fast.. would have loved me some 88. Already bought the selig last year for normal price and was worth it ;)

pedrocaetanos

26 Jun 2015

Theo.M wrote:Already bought the selig last year for normal price and was worth it ;)

Theo, you're the man worried with CPU usage, so you're the right one to ask  :)

How is Selig B3 CPU usage? I expect it to use quite a bit more than JP B3, due to having a lot of devices inside combis.
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

JNeffLind

26 Jun 2015

pedrocaetanos wrote:
Theo, you're the man worried with CPU usage, so you're the right one to ask  :)

How is Selig B3 CPU usage? I expect it to use quite a bit more than JP B3, due to having a lot of devices inside combis.
I actually think it's the opposite since Selig used all stock devices. Can't be sure though. Theo?

pedrocaetanos

26 Jun 2015

JNeffLind wrote:I actually think it's the opposite since Selig used all stock devices. Can't be sure though. Theo?
Sorry for not being clear: I meant JP's Refill edition, not the more recent Rack Extension. The refill edition uses only stock devices, and expect few than Selig B3.

• Information