Performance Guitars Update and Half-Price Sale!

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

17 Jan 2015

A free update for the Performance Guitar ReFills, utilising Softube and Kuassa amps is now available to all existing owners here: http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/Freestuff ... chbank.rfl

Install it alongside your existing Performance Stratocaster and/or Performance Telecaster ReFills

These awesome keyswitchable guitar ReFills are currently half-price direct from http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/guitars.html

Performance Stratocaster: £14.95
Performance Telecaster: £14.95
Save an extra £5 for both by selecting the Fendcaster Bundle: £24.95

The update ReFill is included in these purchases.
_____

All guitar sounds from the original Performance Guitar ReFills

Real power chords from the Telecaster:

Radiohead style guitars:

Classic lead Strat solo:

Vintage jazz style Tele:

Not sure what this is ;)

frog974new

17 Jan 2015

a few question ..?
on the refill all new update remplace old patch or we still have the both versions ( old patch and old patch with update )

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

17 Jan 2015

The update is an additional patch-only ReFill covering both Strat and Tele with patches for Amp, Vermilion and Creme. Either or both of those ReFill are still required to be installed for the samples, or if you prefer the classic Line 6 signature setups.

This format makes it easier to update it in future if more amps appear.

Arsenic

17 Jan 2015

Well. This is very generous of you Matt. I have been looking at these on and off for many months - Now I have no excuse whatsoever.

Promptly bought and downloaded - Thank you.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

17 Jan 2015

Arsenic wrote:Well. This is very generous of you Matt. I have been looking at these on and off for many months - Now I have no excuse whatsoever.

No, no, thank you! ;)

eusti

17 Jan 2015

Thank you, Matt! Great to see you continuing to work on your products! Love it!

D.

JNeffLind

17 Jan 2015

Arsenic wrote:Well. This is very generous of you Matt. I have been looking at these on and off for many months - Now I have no excuse whatsoever.

Was just going to write the same thing. Currently downloading. Along with Bitley's sale, I'm spending too much money!

paulred67

18 Jan 2015

Thanks for the updated patches, Matt!
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

Theo.M

18 Jan 2015

Hey JP, I find this news very exciting as I have eyed your guitar stuff for ages but it was always (as in GBP) a little high for me, and i couldn't decide between it and the Impact soundworks stuff. This helps the choice considerably.

Therefore a question if I may. I have strumming/chord progressions covered with the 2 props a list products.. what i need now is something to write lead lines/melodies with when i want a guitar.

1) are your refills suitable for this task

2) Are there any velocity bend guitars?

3) Can you recommend something for an acoustic equivalent to do melodies/arps etc with? or do you have one planned?

cheers and thanks!

offaxisdaddy

18 Jan 2015

Bavanity wrote:
3) Can you recommend something for an acoustic equivalent to do melodies/arps etc with? or do you have one planned?
http://www.combinatorhq.com/index.php/d ... tar-refill

This is a nice sounding acoustic refill. Completely playable at a super price :)

Hope this helps.

Theo.M

18 Jan 2015

Bavanity wrote:
offaxisdaddy wrote:
http://www.combinatorhq.com/index.php/d ... tar-refill
offaxisdaddy wrote:
This is a nice sounding acoustic refill. Completely playable at a super price :)

Hope this helps.
That helps immensely thank you so much, as I was not aware of any AG refills whatsoever! Checking it out with anticipation right now :)

Theo.M

18 Jan 2015

Ok I bought the fendercaster bundle and unusually only have 4 *hrs* to download.. That's the shortest purchase download window I have ever seen, so let's hope there are no errors!

However this is what I am presented with as DL options : Fendercaster bundle, then the telecaster, then "performance guitars patchbank".

I am guessing I only need the bundle, top download and then the patchbank? Wouldn't the telecaster be included in the bundle? Any clarification would be appreciated, cheers.

Edit: I just saw the small text to DL all 3, please excuse my post.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

19 Jan 2015

Bavanity wrote:Hey JP, I find this news very exciting as I have eyed your guitar stuff for ages but it was always (as in GBP) a little high for me, and i couldn't decide between it and the Impact soundworks stuff. This helps the choice considerably.

Therefore a question if I may. I have strumming/chord progressions covered with the 2 props a list products.. what i need now is something to write lead lines/melodies with when i want a guitar.

1) are your refills suitable for this task

2) Are there any velocity bend guitars?

cheers and thanks!

There were plans for four in the series, but sales were never strong enough to justify it. Guitars are very hard, and quite painful ;) , to do as a solo project. I do have an acoustic here (a Spanish actually), but I've no plans to sample it. Products like this are a 3-month full time job, and sadly I know from experience I'm not going to get 3 months pay from it.

In practice I use the leads all the time, and the Telecaster powerchords frequently; they are far, far superior to the—I think—terrible, bland, lifeless and unrealistic loops of the A-List series. Try alternating the up/down powerchords strokes then adding a slide up keyswitch for the change to the next chord note. Automate the fret noise release level. Try palm mutes during the verse then turn those off for the chorus and rhythm backing for a lead solo to let rip. Can't do any of that with A-List.

I don't tend to use the other "normal" chords much, they're handy to have don't entirely work: full chords are very hard to do in sampled guitars, especially without scripting; if I need them, like toward the end of the Oxygene IV demo above, I'll construct them by hand. I did once have a play around trying to construct a system with the samples using AutoTheory but my patience failed me.

For £25 I think the Perf series is very good, and the Tele in particular is the best guitar ReFill currently available - I've had them all at the tme and none of them were any good, hence why I did these. Played and programmed well and sitting in a mix they do fool a lot of listeners into believing they are real guitars, whereas I'm not convinced A-List can ever do that.

I still hope MusicLab will bring their stuff over to Reason, but those are something like £200 each. Worth it, though.

re the 4 hours: The download system is a bit incorrect in its description there: four hours is simply how long the link is active once activated by the user, and not literally how long the user has to download from the moment the page appears.

am0eba

19 Jan 2015

I can vouch for the authenticity of JP's Strat ReFill. I've used it for leads and textures on a few tunes and gotten comments on soundcloud about the guitar parts - and I don't even know what I'm doing with it!

It's on this one right from the beginning:

And it shows up on this one around 2:28:

Not saying these are fantastic examples, but my experiences with it have been good!

_Dave_

:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

eusti

19 Jan 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:
There were plans for four in the series, but sales were never strong enough to justify it. Guitars are very hard, and quite painful ;) , to do as a solo project. I do have an acoustic here (a Spanish actually), but I've no plans to sample it. Products like this are a 3-month full time job, and sadly I know from experience I'm not going to get 3 months pay from it.

In practice I use the leads all the time, and the Telecaster powerchords frequently; they are far, far superior to the—I think—terrible, bland, lifeless and unrealistic loops of the A-List series. Try alternating the up/down powerchords strokes then adding a slide up keyswitch for the change to the next chord note. Automate the fret noise release level. Try palm mutes during the verse then turn those off for the chorus and rhythm backing for a lead solo to let rip. Can't do any of that with A-List.

For £25 I think the Perf series is very good, and the Tele in particular is the best guitar ReFill currently available - I've had them all at the tme and none of them were any good, hence why I did these. Played and programmed well and sitting in a mix they do fool a lot of listeners into believing they are real guitars, whereas I'm not convinced A-List can ever do that.
I think your refills are fantastic and I'm very sorry to hear that you are not making back your investment!

In regards to your tips: Could you make a tutorial about that? I'm not a guitar player, so I'm not so clear what should happen when and how to make things sound more interesting and authentic...
I can see that a tutorial would of course increase your time investment, but it might be worthwhile to show clearly why your products are so much better!

D.

childofsaturn

23 Jan 2015

This is a fantastic sale, Matt! I don't know if it was mentioned anywhere else in the thread, but that's almost $90 off in US currency.

How long will you be running the sale? I don't get paid until the first of the month, is why I ask lol.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

23 Jan 2015

Probably until the end of February.

rvman

24 Jan 2015

Are these refills only available in the shop via PayPal? Or are they also available through your website?

I would dearly love to have them but I can't purchase from overseas businesses. This is the reason I've bought from the Loop Loft website (who also sell through the shop).
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

JNeffLind

25 Jan 2015

rvman wrote:Are these refills only available in the shop via PayPal? Or are they also available through your website? I would dearly love to have them but I can't purchase from overseas businesses. This is the reason I've bought from the Loop Loft website (who also sell through the shop).
Links in the OP are to their personal website. That's how I made my purchase. Should be good to go.

am0eba

25 Jan 2015

Here's another tune that features JP's Strat ReFill:

_Dave_

PS: Strat comes in around 40 seconds in...

:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

18 Feb 2015

The patchbank has been updated to 2.1; I've fixed a few Combi routing errors, improved default levels across all Combinators, plus added the triple pick-up Telecaster powerchord templates for Amp, Creme and Vermilion that were outstanding from the v2 update (only the single pickup Combis were in v2) .

http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/Freestuff ... chbank.rfl

If you have either or both PerfGuitars and any or all of those three amps, download this now!

Anyone who has a favourite setup they would like to share, please send them and I'll include them in 2.2.

Theo.M

20 Feb 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:The patchbank has been updated to 2.1; I've fixed a few Combi routing errors, improved default levels across all Combinators, plus added the triple pick-up Telecaster powerchord templates for Amp, Creme and Vermilion that were outstanding from the v2 update (only the single pickup Combis were in v2) .

http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/Freestuff ... chbank.rfl

If you have either or both PerfGuitars and any or all of those three amps, download this now!

Anyone who has a favourite setup they would like to share, please send them and I'll include them in 2.2.
thanks for the update !  :s0221: :thumbup:

eusti

20 Feb 2015

Yes! Thank you! Forgot all about saying that! :)

Thanks for the reminder, Theo!

D.

Arsenic

21 Feb 2015

Thank you for the update - Just grabbed it.

• Information