Goodbye - Hello - and a coupon for all

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
bitword

16 Jan 2015

Hello all!

I guess there is no more PH forum :frown:

Fear not, there is ReasonTalk!!!  Kudos to the Admin!  Great Domain Name too!  Wishing you success with this forum!  It's a great service you are providing to the community, Much appreciated!

-----

For anyone interested, you can use the coupon code FORUM at bitword.com for 50% off any or all ReFills until Jan 31st 2015  :D

http://www.bitword.com/index.php?main_p ... ex&cPath=1

Here is looking to the future!  Wishing you all the best!

Cheers,
Bitword.com

eusti

16 Jan 2015

Thanks for the offer, Bitword!

D.

Theo.M

16 Jan 2015

bitword wrote: Hello all!

I guess there is no more PH forum :frown:

Fear not, there is ReasonTalk!!!  Kudos to the Admin!  Great Domain Name too!  Wishing you success with this forum!  It's a great service you are providing to the community, Much appreciated!

-----

For anyone interested, you can use the coupon code FORUM at bitword.com for 50% off any or all ReFills until Jan 31st 2015  :D

http://www.bitword.com/index.php?main_p ... ex&cPath=1

Here is looking to the future!  Wishing you all the best!

Cheers,
Bitword.com

wow what an epic discount. I'm in :)

Welcome and thankyou.

bitword

17 Jan 2015

Hi All - 

All samples are Stereo - Oxide Kits vol 1 is 16bit (but that's part of the charm) and Oxide Kits vol 2 are 24bit.  As for weird panning, I believe the only panning done is to the patch not the sample.  Meaning, there are some hihats panned to the side, some tom like hits that go left - center - right, but there is no weird modulation to the hits so they wiggle around.  

-----

The timing is right for a discount on a lot of bitword products.  Before the forum change, we launched a sale for all things Oxide.  So, here is the info:

To say Hello to the New Year, Bitword is offering all things Oxide for 50% Off.
Loop Packs:
•Oxide 128 V1 (Multi-Format, including kits in standard formats).
•Oxide 128 V1 (ReFill).
•Oxide 128 V2 (Multi-Format).
Drum Kits:
•Oxide Kits V1 (Multi-Format).
•Oxide Kits V2 (Multi-Format).
•Oxide Kits V2 (ReFill).
At checkout enter the coupon code OXIDE2015 and your total will be adjusted.
This offer is valid until January 31st 2015.

Enjoy!
Bitword

bitword

17 Jan 2015

If you just want the raw WAV files, get the multi-format version:

http://www.bitword.com/index.php?main_p ... ucts_id=10

If you decide later that you want the ReFill, there is a modest crossgrade fee of $10, you can crossgrade at any time - there is not time limit.

BTW, Love the Icon for your account, I'll bet you could get some cool impulse responses in that pipe / tunnel :D

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Marc

bitword

17 Jan 2015

It's risky sometimes getting the sound you want, I've done most of the work alone in places you wouldn't want to be alone, but in some cases I have had a friend come along, just to watch my back - as I was jumped once (while taking photos of textures for 3D models).  Lesson learned.

It is also problem getting stopped by the authorities - it looks weird what I'm doing.  One time I was bent over, setting mics, with headphones on, and I could hear police radios all of a sudden, and I looked up and they had me surrounded - LOL.  I calmly explained what I was doing, and it all ended in a bunch of laughs, but in some sense I'm glad people are looking out for suspicious activity (in general) but, it can make one feel a bit uneasy!

I have about 2tb of raw material I need to edit - so I won't be going out for a while...  Well, actually, I have a goal of getting the sound of cracking ice on a pond near by, that will be tricky in a number of ways.  It's stressful and fun, all at the same time :D

Enjoy!
Marc

tibah

17 Jan 2015

Hi Marc! Glad to see you around here.

And guys, seriously, get WaveFront if you can. It's my favorite ReFill of all time and even though it's somewhat "old" (2006), it's a never-ending resource for sounds and sound-design!

Marketblandings

17 Jan 2015

Hi,
Can't find a way to hear any demo sounds from the Expanse Refill. Are there some available? I am on iPad right now... Is that my problem?

bitword

17 Jan 2015

@Last Alternative - thanks! :D  
Volume 1 and 2 do not share any common samples.  The main difference with v1 is that there is a lot of programming on the ReDrum Kits / or MultiFormat version.  Mainly the Env / Pitch / Pan parameters (but no silly wiggles)...  Oxide Kits Volume 1 is also included as a free bonus inside of the WaveFront ReFill - so, if you are interested in some synth sounds, the kits are a bonus, especially since all ReFills are 50% off untill the end of the month, it might be more of a cost effective purchase, either way - Volume 1 is a good compliment to Volume 2, and vice-versa.

@Marketblandings - I think the iPad is the issue, there is an mp3 player on the site that is Flash driven, so if I remember correctly, Flash still isn't supported on iPads yet.  Is it? (I don't have an iPad to test on).  If I am mistaken please let me know and I will look into why it may not be loading.

@Emotica   :)  Happy to see you here too!  It looks like this is a now a new home - again, kudos to the admin for the quick thinking on getting this forum up an working nicely.  

Cheers,
Marc

ionly

18 Jan 2015

Thanks, excellent stuff. Just perusing WaveFront at the moment.

Cheers :D

bitword

19 Jan 2015

Last Alternative:
So far I told you all the positives about the awesomeness that is OXIDE vol 2. Now I must say the only downside is it's too many samples and nothing is really labeled as to what it is and all being in one folder of .WAVs is quite daunting to organize! Like man this is gonna take a week! LOL but I love it.
Yes, there is a pattern though.  10 kick-ish hits, then 10 snare-ish hit, then percussion, then the last 5 are HH-ish.

The advantage to having the samples loose like you have them is that you can sort them and tweak them and sort them, the disadvantage is you can get lost in that folder :)

I do suggest getting the mapped kits - they are much easier to handle - I can understand not wanting the ReFill over the loose hits because of the flexibility. 

SO!  - Send me an email from your account (contact page) and I will send you a coupon to download the ReFill version - Gratis - For the duration of this sale, ALL CROSSGRADES are FREE.  I'd rather have a happy customer than 10bucks in my pocket :D

This offer is valid for everyone interested!

Cheers,
Marc

• Information