XSynth OSC Free Refill

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
XSynth

09 May 2015

ahs wrote:all NL-samples are missing !?
if i load the demo song not all samples are found
XSynth wrote:
Ok when samples missing comes up then tell Reason to look in XSynth OSC refill.

It have been fixed and the song file have been replaced with the new fixed one.

/Michael
Deep Schulzz wrote:
Thanks for this wonderful & useful refill.

I still cannot find some of the needed samples (NL Pulse or something) for the smooth jazz demo. There are not in the refill samples.

Harti
My mistake, it turned out that some patches where made with the raw samples before they became part of the refill. But still you should be able to replace the missing samples just by telling Reason to look in the XSynth OSC refill.

Anyways, i have re-uploaded new updated version of the Smooth Jazz Setup A song file.
I hope this is the last time we see this missing samples thing :)

/Michael

bmarsh

19 May 2015

Thanks for this, Michael! I still use Evol and Uno all the time when i'm Reapering instead of Reasoning.  Greatly appreciated.
"The end is built into the beginning" - Charlie Kaufman

mreese80

19 Nov 2015

Just downloaded. About to check it out now. do you still have xsynth v3? or is this one that plus some new stuff. if its different i would like to get volume 3 if possible. thanks
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

bpmorton

20 Nov 2015

Thanks!

These are great patches. I also would like to say from what I've seen so far, very efficient sampling....no unnecessarily long unlooped samples like on some packages that I've paid money for. Great job!

jonheal

20 Nov 2015

Really nice sounds. Thanks, XSynth. :puf_smile: :thumbs_up:
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

mbfrancis

20 Nov 2015

So glad this thread got bumped. This Refill is *amazing*...so may wonderful and varied synth sounds.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

mekonrider

24 Nov 2015

mbfrancis wrote:So glad this thread got bumped. This Refill is *amazing*...so may wonderful and varied synth sounds.
Just downloaded. Amazing refill. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

XSynth

25 Jan 2016

We are close to the next update for XSynth OSC :)

Tons of new stuff have been added and while we wait for me to wrap it all up i have made a mix of various music snippets i made using XSynth OSC.

http://www.xsynth.com/demos/xsosc_feb2016_fullmix.mp3

/Michael

tronam

25 Jan 2016

XSynth wrote:We are close to the next update for XSynth OSC :)

Tons of new stuff have been added and while we wait for me to wrap it all up i have made a mix of various music snippets i made using XSynth OSC.

http://www.xsynth.com/demos/xsosc_feb2016_fullmix.mp3

/Michael
You've been busy! :) Ace sound design and production quality per usual. The sample sourcing, looping and additive-like layering is impeccable. Is OSC going to be the spiritual sequel to the original XSynth?
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

XSynth

25 Jan 2016

tronam wrote: You've been busy! :) Ace sound design and production quality per usual. The sample sourcing, looping and additive-like layering is impeccable. Is OSC going to be the spiritual sequel to the original XSynth?
Hi Tronam :)

Yep OSC is a follow up to XSynth Library, XSynth OSC is my 8th attempt at making a good follow up refill. This refill will never stop being updated so the structure will probably change with each new update. Things constantly needs to be sorted into right categories so navigating gets more easy.

/Michael

eusti

25 Jan 2016

The demo is very pretty! Love it! :)

D.

The_G

26 Jan 2016

Many thanks!!
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Jmax

26 Jan 2016

Man thanks for this so sweet..

Looking forward to it big time. :thumbs_up:

The_G

26 Jan 2016

Have to say I'm impressed--some excellent sounds in here!
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

XSynth

27 Jan 2016

I'm done with this update, come and get it :)

Links and all are in the first post.

/Michael

bitley

27 Jan 2016

Some very good work in here! :)

Vigner

10 Feb 2016

Hi!!

Really enjoying the sounds!!
I need help, because i would like to get more out of the sounds and samples and i dont know how!

Does someone explain how can i do sound design with this refill content please?

As this Refill can be used, as the author mentions, in a lot of music genres, i am doing (or trying to do lol) deep house. This genre uses chords so it needs organs and synth stabs to give that deep feel.
Can someone do a tutorial on sound design please?

Can someone share techniques used for sound design using this Refill?

XSynth

15 Feb 2016

Hi Vigner :)

Try this:

Create an empty Combinator

Browse to:

XSynth_OSC_Presets/Combinator_XS_OSC/Chord/Chord Power B Stab

Turn FREQ fully up and set LEVEL to 15
Open the Combinator
Open the NN-XT
Mark the first sample named C_no3_no5.wav
Choose SOLO SAMPLE on the NN-XT
Right click on it, choose BROWSE SAMPLES
By default the browser will point to the directory where the marked sample is located.
In this case its in the STEREO folder.
Move up one folder so you see all the folders in XSynth OSC Refill.
Select folder named Microtera.
In this folder you will find many organ type sounds.
Let try use FMOrgan02.wav
If this is the organ sound you like then you have to do this with all the other samples in the NN-XT.
Meaning mark it, solo it, browse sample to FMOrgan02 in the Microtera folder.
Once done loading all samples then set FREQ on the Combinator to 65
Now you have a typical organ chord stab.

/Michael

Vigner

16 Feb 2016

Hi!!

I appreciate a lot the information you send me!

I think your refill is amazing! I hope that you could improve it so that we can make great music!

Can i ask you one thing?
Wouldn't you mind to convert the demo jazz song that use this refill in a :essentials: format so that i can open it please?

I would really like to know what you use this refill in a practical way!

Looking forward to your answer!!

Thank you once more! :thumbs_up:

XSynth

16 Feb 2016

Vigner wrote:
Can i ask you one thing?
Wouldn't you mind to convert the demo jazz song that use this refill in a :essentials: format so that i can open it please?

Thank you once more! :thumbs_up:
I'm afraid i cant do that, guess it takes the full version of Reason for you to look at the SmoothJazz Setup :(

I'm working in Reason 7.1 and will most likely upgrade to version 9 when it comes.

/Michael

mbfrancis

17 Feb 2016

Just downloaded this. Can't wait to hear the new sounds but but...
Why did you update the folder structure?!? Now all my Favorites are broken. As a workaround I can keep the old folder structure at the top level, but this is very messy. And if I rename the new folders, *those* links won't work. Grrrr.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

XSynth

18 Feb 2016

I had to re-arrange the folder structure, i dont like browsing 100+ basses in one folder etc...

Are you using somekind of Reason Favorites ? Never occured to me that would be possible other than i can favorite a folder.
Anyways, i'm sorry but i really have to plan a bit ahead if XSynth OSC is going to be as big as i think it will.
Maybe you should make a MY XSOSC FAVORITES folder and copy things you really like into that folder.
But at least you got favorites and i'm glad to hear that :)

/Michael

mbfrancis

19 Feb 2016

Oh man yeah I have a *ton* of favorites, I love this refill *so much*. I've gone through every single folder and favorited a ton of stuff. But now I have to go through them all and re-favorite them ahhhh.

But in the main combi folders so far I'm not finding that many new patches, just a few in each. I'll keep looking.

Thanks for this wonderful refill!

XSynth

19 Feb 2016

That favorite thing, is that a preset favorite Reason 8 feature ? I'm on Reason 7.1 so have no idea about favorites except for folders.

mbfrancis

20 Feb 2016

You create a new Favorites List, which shows up as a black box with a star in it, and you drag patches in them. So I have Synth Bass, Synth Lead, etc., with patches from all over. But these are all pointing to places on my hard drive. So now if I go into the directory it shows my XSynth patches as broken, and unfortunately there's no way to "repair" the link, I have to write down the patch names and then go find them, and re-drag them in. And then delete the broken Favorites one by one (can't grab more than one). So it's a pain...

• Information