XSynth OSC Free Refill

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
XSynth

16 Jan 2015

XSynth OSC is a 1 GB sample library which is FREE, it consist of all my best sample projects which never have been released. Its 7000+ samples from various Hardware and Software instruments. I consider XSynth OSC to be so complete that everyone really should have it on their system so we can start sharing ideas. The included 2800+ presets should give you an rough idea of what this library is capable of doing. So there you have it, 8 years of experiments boiled down to one 1 GB Refill which is FREE.

Have fun   :crazy:

/Michael Kastrup
www.xsynth.com

Download the Refill:
http://www.xsynth.com/download/XSynth_OSC.zip

Download all presets:
http://www.xsynth.com/download/XSynth_OSC_Presets.zip

Song files:

Download Song Examples
http://www.xsynth.com/download/XS_OSC_Song_Examples.zip

MP3
http://www.xsynth.com/demos/xsosc_feb2016_fullmix.mp3

VIDEOS:
https://youtu.be/QPqNxQo28lA

http://youtu.be/-wJGOVe962M

NOTE:

You need to download the Refill and presets with each new update.

Presets using commecial Rack Extensions are placed in a RE folder under current category, but thats usually for my more experimenting preset. I highly recommend getting the free ones.

UPDATE SEPTEMBER, 2017

Added New NN-XT and Combinator Presets
Added Anipads for use with granular engines
Added Nord Drum Samples
Added Various samples
Added 44 Song Examples

UPDATE FEBRUARY, 2016

Added XSynth Free Presets
Added XSynth FX samples and presets
Added XSynth Basspack samples and presets
Added Various samples
Added NN-XT, NN-19 and Mastering to preset directory
Added new presets, dunno how many but its a lot.

UPDATE APRIL 21, 2015

Added FM and Ring Mod samples for perc and bells and Band Pass samples from my Nord collection.
Added some WaveSequence Combinators to GATE folder.
Added NEW song file for download "Smooth Jazz Setup A"  

XSynth OSC explained in detail:

Its about raw waveforms turned into something useful and keeping the core and size of samples down to a minimum.
Its about sampling quality, you wont find any bad loops here. Every loop is done by ear.
Its about sampling techniques not seen before like enhanced attack portion of a sample, anti-machinegun effect when retriggering a sample.
Its about using phase of a sample to produce new waveforms.
Its about additive thinking when layering samples.
Its about having HUGE projects up and going without CPU struggle and fast loading of presets.
Its about making genre specific projects with everything loaded and ready to go.

But most of all its about having FUN. 

Preset Directory Structure:

Some directories hold presets which at first glance seem identical but they are not. Browse to a preset with similar name further down the list and you will hear a bigger difference. This is because i choose to make samples of filters settings which are not available in Reason.

The NN-XT directory is the raw base for presets making. Presets from this directory are often merged into layered preset in Combinators.

The Mastering directory holds a combinator with 2 simple PEQ-2 EQs settings which are always put into the mastering chain of my projects. Its a type of EQ which i find is needed to open up a mix.
Last edited by XSynth on 26 Sep 2017, edited 12 times in total.

offaxisdaddy

16 Jan 2015

Thank you for this :) . The second 2 links don't work [Song with 50+ Combinators Examples & all Combinator presets]. Again, thank you.

XSynth

16 Jan 2015

offaxisdaddy wrote:Thank you for this :) . The second 2 links don't work [Song with 50+ Combinators Examples & all Combinator presets]. Again, thank you.
Fixed, i was a bit to quick to paste stuff from Pheads site :)

XSynth

21 Apr 2015

Time for a new update to XSynth OSC, see original first post for description.

To go along with the update i tried a different approach with making setups. This time i added a Smooth Jazz Setup, no combinators are used its all NN-XT and Redrum and NO Rack Extensions. To navigate the sounds i suggests you use the color coded mixer where each group of instruments share same color. Use SEQ-RACK on the mixer channel to quick jump to instruments.

Have fun and i'm around if you have questions  :)

/Michael

Ostermilk

21 Apr 2015

Michael this is a great collection and better than most commercial offerings as anyone can tell from the depth and breadth of the included combinators.

These have all been lovingly crafted over a long period of time and as such is a ongoing chronicle of part of your work.

Anybody that doesn't simply take the time to download it is really missing out.

Thank you for sharing this valuable resource with us.  I for one really appreciate it.

eusti

21 Apr 2015

Thank you! Am downloading, but haven't checked it out yet!

D.

pLansford

21 Apr 2015

Thank you so much and may the force be with you.

ncurry

22 Apr 2015

Thanks for the free refill!

darkmode

23 Apr 2015

Thank you for your time and effort. Great refill.

Cheers!

mbfrancis

03 May 2015

Wow how generous.  Not even sure where to start raving, but I've been playing those amazing Arranger patches for the last 20 minutes...wow.  Thanks so much! 
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

ahs

03 May 2015

thank you for this huge and FREE collection !

ahs

03 May 2015

all NL-samples are missing !?
if i load the demo song not all samples are found

craven

03 May 2015

great, thanks a lot for sharing!
:ugeek:

XSynth

03 May 2015

ahs wrote:all NL-samples are missing !?
Ok when samples missing comes up then tell Reason to look in XSynth OSC refill.

It have been fixed and the song file have been replaced with the new fixed one.

/Michael

FGL

04 May 2015

Very nice Refill. Thanks for this.

mbfrancis

04 May 2015

Hey I wanted to come back an plug this - it's a wonderful refill, full or warm, rich sounds, and some truly creative patches.   As I mention, the Arranger patches are incredible.  Wonderful work.

The only suggestion I would make or your next Refill is that when using REs in a patch, please add the name of the RE to the patch name so we don't open up patches we don't have the devices for.  Also, I would prefer the patches in the Refill for convenience.  But both of these are minor, and it seems churlish to suggest changes to what is such a generous, wonderful refill.

Where can we donate?
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

XSynth

05 May 2015

mbfrancis wrote:Hey I wanted to come back an plug this - it's a wonderful refill, full or warm, rich sounds, and some truly creative patches.   As I mention, the Arranger patches are incredible.  Wonderful work.

The only suggestion I would make or your next Refill is that when using REs in a patch, please add the name of the RE to the patch name so we don't open up patches we don't have the devices for.  Also, I would prefer the patches in the Refill for convenience.  But both of these are minor, and it seems churlish to suggest changes to what is such a generous, wonderful refill.

Where can we donate?
The reason why i did not include the patches in the refill is because the patches are supossed to be updated more than the actual samples. And i dont want to bother people with a 400 MB download each time. The general idea was that people over time start to use the samples for them self in their own patches which is tucked away in a folder of their own choosing.

The reason for keeping the samples in a closed refill is some kind of copy-protection so samples dont get manipulated and reused in commercial sample sets.

I've been thinking about the structure vs. RE's, its easy enough to add one RE name to a patch but what if i use 3 or 4 or more RE's then things will get rather messy.

Anyways, I will start by splitting up the patches so free RE's and non RE patches get their own folder and commercial RE's get another folder.

My future plan is to create a lot of NN-XT patches and have them all in one song file so browsing for sounds gets really fast. Each song file will then contain patches which are suited for a certain type of music like the smooth jazz song.

No need for donations :) I'm doing this to boost my own creativity :)

/Michael

XSynth

05 May 2015

The Combinator files have been sorted and re uploaded.

The Combinator patches that include commercial RE's have been moved to a sub directory under current type folder.

Example:

ARRANGER folder have a new RE folder where patches using commercial RE's is placed.

In all it was only 10 patches that included commercial RE's, + my MIDI remote setups for various hardware synths.

Note. I consider Synchronous as free and CV Suite Line Processor is indeed free.

/Michael

mbfrancis

06 May 2015

XSynth wrote:Note. I consider Synchronous as free and CV Suite Line Processor is indeed free.
CV Suite Line Processor is $9 - cheap but not free.   :)

XSynth

06 May 2015

XSynth wrote:Note. I consider Synchronous as free and CV Suite Line Processor is indeed free.
mbfrancis wrote: CV Suite Line Processor is $9 - cheap but not free.   :)
Oooops, somehow i always thought as CV Suite Line Processor as being free :frown:

Ok, i have sorted the patches and moved them to the RE folder.

In this case it was 2 patches from DRUMS (Random A NL, SynthPerc A NL)

and all WaveSeq from GATE folder except WaveSeq A.

The patches have been re-uploaded.

Thanks for pointing out this little ooops for me mbfrancis :)

/Michael

pLansford

08 May 2015

XSynth wrote:Oooops, somehow i always thought as CV Suite Line Processor as being free :frown:
I thought it was free too.  I have a license for it and I don't remember buying it.   :?

Emian

08 May 2015

thanks for this gesture, i'll check out later :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

moneykube

09 May 2015

this is excellent… thank-you… got a question for you… I downloaded the new version when you first posted…. you say you have made additional patch changes… is it necessary to download the 400 mb refill again… or just the combinators? or both?… never mind… I just decided to grab them both again to be sure… thank-you for all your hard work
:t2018:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Deep Schulzz

09 May 2015

ahs wrote:all NL-samples are missing !?
XSynth wrote:
Ok when samples missing comes up then tell Reason to look in XSynth OSC refill.

It have been fixed and the song file have been replaced with the new fixed one.

/Michael
Thanks for this wonderful & useful refill.

I still cannot find some of the needed samples (NL Pulse or something) for the smooth jazz demo. There are not in the refill samples.

Harti

• Information