Why does Reason Companion recommend packs I already have?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
mbfrancis

03 Jul 2024

This seems like a simple fix - I can see the checkmarks where I downloaded, why can't they filter those from my recommendations.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

moneykube

04 Jul 2024

I find the same issue in the reason studios shop as well... for MANY years now.
The site says I have not purchased somethings I did... always !
I go to the page and only then I see download option which tells me it was indeed purchased.
Seems like a similar problem.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

mbfrancis

04 Jul 2024

Fir me usually the shop works when I'm logged in, but basically all the companion's recommendations I already have.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

moneykube

05 Jul 2024

mbfrancis wrote:
04 Jul 2024
Fir me usually the shop works when I'm logged in, but basically all the companion's recommendations I already have.
I am always logged in when this happens... sometimes as I go through stuff, they correct themselves eventually ( usually when I click on a rack I know I purchased. Then the shop seems to know that particular rack> For some racks this does not even work > I think it may be because I have purchased too many racks. I find it annoying at times. I see something with a price I know I purchased, and then click on the rack to confirm the page comes up as a download > and not the purchase price that shows in the the shop (scrolling through what is "available") > for some strange unknown reason. Perhaps it is the browser I generally use which is safari :?: This seems much like a similar issue, like you are experiencing > perhaps you have too many packs downloaded, or there is a long standing glitch in the system. I'm not sure... Are you using Mac or Windows :question: I am using a Mac.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Mikasa23

09 Jul 2024

The algorithm might not be sophisticated enough to filter out already downloaded packs from recommendations. There might be syncing issues between your downloaded packs and the recommendation system,among us causing it to suggest packs you already have. It’s possible that the app is not correctly reading your account data to update the recommendations based on your downloads.

• Information