Cinematic Dreamworks Nexspansion Refill released...

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
DNA Apocalypse

09 Dec 2015

DNA Labs released a new Cinematic refill! Cinematic Dreamworks Nexspansion refill for the Hydronexius Workstation ROM.....
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... xspansion/

Content Details:

28 Hydronexius Workstation ROM Rack Extension patches
78 Combinator patches
46 NN-XT patches
3 Thor Automation patches
1.5gb of New Sampled Content (913mb in lossless compression ReFill format)
155 Total Patches
DNA-LABS-SOFTWARE.COM :reason: :refill: :re:

Benedict
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2015

Nice

So what is the difference between the $9 Hollywood and $39 Dreamworks? http://dna-labs-software.com/ seems to be sleeping right now so I can't see what each contains (samples etc).

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

DNA Apocalypse

09 Dec 2015

Benedict wrote:Nice

So what is the difference between the $9 Hollywood and $39 Dreamworks? http://dna-labs-software.com/ seems to be sleeping right now so I can't see what each contains (samples etc).

The difference is there is 1.5gb of New Sampled Content (913mb in lossless compression ReFill format) in the Cinematic Dreamworks Refill. There are a lot of new brass and strings samples.

esselfortium

09 Dec 2015

joeyluck wrote:Wait a sec... So this is a ReFill that contains additional samples for a Rack Extension?
Nope:
DNA Apocalypse wrote:46 NN-XT patches
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Benedict
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2015

This is part of what confuses me too. Is this the equivalent of a Voice Board for a Roland ROMpler with new samples that get sucked into Hydronexus?

Benedict Roff-Marsh

DNA Apocalypse

10 Dec 2015

It is essentially a bank of new samples in the form of new nnxt patches (quite usable without the Hydronexius) but the real beauty of the refill is realized when those new samples/nnxt patches are combined inside of a combinator along with the Hydronexius to create a synergistic effect of large cinematic sections. This refill is filled with combinator patches that utilize the new samples along with the Hydronexius factory samples (in combinators).

Benedict
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2015

Ok so the samples are NOT sucked into Hydronexus then

Thanks

Benedict Roff-Marsh

JerrelTheKing

10 Dec 2015

I'm very happy to have Hydronexius in Reason. I plan on getting this pack..

joeyluck

10 Dec 2015

DNA Apocalypse wrote:It is essentially a bank of new samples in the form of new nnxt patches (quite usable without the Hydronexius) but the real beauty of the refill is realized when those new samples/nnxt patches are combined inside of a combinator along with the Hydronexius to create a synergistic effect of large cinematic sections. This refill is filled with combinator patches that utilize the new samples along with the Hydronexius factory samples (in combinators).
Thanks for clarifying, I suppose I misinterpreted a couple things...

First, not realizing 'ROM' was in the name of the Rack Extension itself and thinking that meant something else with '...ROM Rack Extension patches.'

And reading part of the statement "1.5gb of New Sampled Content..."
Most sample libraries won't specify 'new' unless it's an update to the library or the plugin...

But anywho. I get it now :)

Yonatan

10 Dec 2015

Sounds good. Mainly sweepning string-pads in this one?

DNA Apocalypse

10 Dec 2015

Yonatan wrote:Sounds good. Mainly sweepning string-pads in this one?
There are some strings pads included (not mainly) .....but there are also a bunch of new violins and large string sections with of course large sections and medium sized brass sections included as well.

DNA Apocalypse

10 Dec 2015

joeyluck wrote:
DNA Apocalypse wrote:It is essentially a bank of new samples in the form of new nnxt patches (quite usable without the Hydronexius) but the real beauty of the refill is realized when those new samples/nnxt patches are combined inside of a combinator along with the Hydronexius to create a synergistic effect of large cinematic sections. This refill is filled with combinator patches that utilize the new samples along with the Hydronexius factory samples (in combinators).
Thanks for clarifying, I suppose I misinterpreted a couple things...

First, not realizing 'ROM' was in the name of the Rack Extension itself and thinking that meant something else with '...ROM Rack Extension patches.'

And reading part of the statement "1.5gb of New Sampled Content..."
Most sample libraries won't specify 'new' unless it's an update to the library or the plugin...

But anywho. I get it now :)
When the Hydronexius gets an update on the ROM (factory samples), it will definitely be specified on the RE page. (not a refill page) But I get how it could be confusing now, sorry!

miscend

12 Dec 2015

Did you record all the string players and brass sections in the studio yourself?

DNA Apocalypse

13 Dec 2015

miscend wrote:Did you record all the string players and brass sections in the studio yourself?
No there is a separate team that handles instrument sampling.

• Information