Chord Sequencer: reduce number of note-output?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ludenberger

28 Apr 2024

Hi there.

I wonder, if it is possible to reduce the number of voices/ notes generated by "Chord Sequencer". Sometimes I wish I could reduce them, to hear how the played chord sounds in a "thinner" version. The generated chords are soooo massive and it´s no fun (for me) to reduce the notes within the chords by hand.

This function is given in the player Scales & Chors (Notes 1-5), but not in Chord Sequencer. Is there some kind of workaround to eliminate the amount of notes, that are spit out by Chord Sequencer?

Hopefuly you understand my question due english is not my mother tongue.

Thanks and kind regards
Martin

_andreypetr_

28 Apr 2024

You can use Lectric Panda Kompulsion to reduce it. But it will take some effort - set it to arp mode, choose order by pitch, set notes to hold and then mute the specific steps

Ludenberger

28 Apr 2024

Oha! I will give both ideas a try! Thanks a Lot!

😃

joeyluck

28 Apr 2024

You may already know this, but you can at least 'Remove Bass' and define below what note will be filtered.

I can't think off the top of my head which REs might offer the most straight forward solution to limit polyphony, but if the instrument you are using has a polyphony setting, you could try setting that lower and see if you like the results.

_andreypetr_

28 Apr 2024

Here you go!
You can check its logic by switching Kompulsion patterns.
Reduce Played Notes.cmb.zip
(5.02 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

• Information