My thoughts on Objekt...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
22ndCenturyStudio

09 Apr 2024

Just like any physical modelling synth, each brand has it's strengths & weaknesses and in the case of Objekt( the plucks, bells, e.pianos and especially the drums..are utterly fantastic.) Whereas the synth pads are garbage( & cannot even hold a candle to that of AAS's Ultra Analog VA-3.) Perhaps though....the pad sounds are piss-poor, due to lousy sound design(but I must say however, the drums in Objekt alone, are worth the price of this Rack Ext.)
If anyone here is intimately familiar with AAS's products....you know of what I speak.

Since I've been using and thoroughly enjoying Reason 12...I wanted to showcase how versatile AAS synths are. In this video, everything in this tune is from String Studio VS-3 and Ultra Analog VA-3(though the drums tracks in most of this tune are a Reason Refill(which had to be utilized, as AAS's drum sounds are it's weak area.)
To be fair though, at just $99...Objekt is a good value(but quite limited in certain areas)...whereas all other categories of sounds(other than drums)...are excellent....though each AAS plugin mentioned here, is $199 a piece(but AAS's periodic sales, are very worthwhile.)
I wonder if there are any good 3rd party libraries for Objekt? I'll have to peruse & see what I can find...

• Information