My thoughts on Objekt...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
22ndCenturyStudio

09 Apr 2024

Just like any physical modelling synth, each brand has it's strengths & weaknesses and in the case of Objekt( the plucks, bells, e.pianos and especially the drums..are utterly fantastic.) Whereas the synth pads are garbage( & cannot even hold a candle to that of AAS's Ultra Analog VA-3.) Perhaps though....the pad sounds are piss-poor, due to lousy sound design(but I must say however, the drums in Objekt alone, are worth the price of this Rack Ext.)
If anyone here is intimately familiar with AAS's products....you know of what I speak.

Since I've been using and thoroughly enjoying Reason 12...I wanted to showcase how versatile AAS synths are. In this video, everything in this tune is from String Studio VS-3 and Ultra Analog VA-3(though the drums tracks in most of this tune are a Reason Refill(which had to be utilized, as AAS's drum sounds are it's weak area.)
To be fair though, at just $99...Objekt is a good value(but quite limited in certain areas)...whereas all other categories of sounds(other than drums)...are excellent....though each AAS plugin mentioned here, is $199 a piece(but AAS's periodic sales, are very worthwhile.)
I wonder if there are any good 3rd party libraries for Objekt? I'll have to peruse & see what I can find...

lychee

Today

Being a big fan of AAS and Having Reason products, I was naturally drawn to Friktion and Objekt.
As for Friktion, the Reason counterpart of the AAS String Studio which is a little more complicated than the latter but remains more powerful and usable.

But Objekt, which is closer to Chromaphone, but much more complex to tame, and that's its big flaw.
On Chromaphone I know what I'm doing to get what I want, but on Objekt it's a different story.

Objekt is good for experimenting, it's for sound designers, but for those who want to create real world sounds like me, you will need a doctorate in synthology, beginners are not admitted.

This is why I would be happy to see a series of videos explaining, for example, how to create a guitar from A to Z, a flute, a bongo... just to better understand this plugin.

I also looked at the Reason Studio market several times, and at the moment we don't have tons of things for Objekt to get our hands on.

• Information